hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 455

Thread: Tesla is hiding cars and Grimes is a shiter (Elon Musuk thread)

  1. #241

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,716
    Tesla is making $1500 surfboards now.

    The Limited Edition Tesla Surfboard features a mix of the same high-quality matte and gloss finishes used on all our cars. The deck is reinforced with light-weight “Black Dart” carbon fiber, inspired by the interiors in our cars, and featuring tonal logos in subtle contrast gloss.”
    https://techcrunch.com/2018/07/28/te...500-surfboard/

    #disrupt

  2. #242
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Tesla is making $1500 surfboards now.

    The Limited Edition Tesla Surfboard features a mix of the same high-quality matte and gloss finishes used on all our cars. The deck is reinforced with light-weight “Black Dart” carbon fiber, inspired by the interiors in our cars, and featuring tonal logos in subtle contrast gloss.”
    https://techcrunch.com/2018/07/28/te...500-surfboard/

    #disrupt

  3. #243

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,716
    Tesla is adding playable Atari games to Model 3 dashboard, with steering wheel acting as a joystick.

    Tesla’s 9.0 vehicle software update will include several playable Atari games as new Easter eggs, according to CEO Elon Musk. ” In a follow-up tweet, Musk said that he’s hoping to include Pole Position, Tempest, and Missile Command “in this release,” which obviously opens the door for more to be added in the future.

    Pole Position’s controls will apparently be linked to the Tesla’s actual steering wheel.
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/1/17...mes-easter-egg

    Well, at least it's something for Tesla owners to do while waiting months for their cars to be fixed.

  4. #244
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    6,169
    Inb4 a software glitch starts the game while mid-ride

  5. #245
    walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Posts
    6,222
    Port Carmageddon now.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

  6. #246
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,016
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Port Carmageddon now.
    But only playable on the HUD


    

  7. #247

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,716
    420 Blaze It!


  8. #248
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    420 Blaze It!

    Capitalist takes his ball and goes home?

  9. #249
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London (Silphe ingame)
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    420 Blaze It!

    Haha what a fucking babby, totally with Lachesis on this.

  10. #250
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,598
    The company's short sellers are losing $884 million in mark-to-market losses Tuesday, according to estimates from S3's head of predictive analytics Ihor Dusaniwsky.
    keep hating.
    meh

  11. #251

  12. #252
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,635
    Russian funding?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  13. #253
    Donor Rami's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    London/Snuffbox
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Russian funding?
    More likely middle east. Unless the Google duo made good on their personal promise of not letting Tesla go bust, but I thought they care more for SpaceX.

  14. #254

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    420 Blaze It!

    Capitalist takes his ball and goes home being investigated by SEC?
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/sec-has...eet-1533757570

    Securities regulators have inquired with Tesla Inc. about Chief Executive Elon Musk’s surprise announcement that he may take the company private and whether his claim was factual, people familiar with the matter said.
    Musk has until Friday to file the 8-K form, disclosing full details of supposed "funding". Otherwise this is a plain old-fashioned securities fraud.

    Inb4 Musk calls SEC "pedo guys".
    Last edited by Don Rumata; August 8 2018 at 09:15:00 PM.

  15. #255
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Russian funding?
    More likely middle east. Unless the Google duo made good on their personal promise of not letting Tesla go bust, but I thought they care more for SpaceX.
    It's someone with more money than sense. 70b that's needed for this is more than the worth of either GM or Ford. Companies that actually know how to build cars...


    

  16. #256
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,144
    And now he wishes he'd passed the bong to Grimes sooner....

  17. #257

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Russian funding?
    More likely middle east. Unless the Google duo made good on their personal promise of not letting Tesla go bust, but I thought they care more for SpaceX.
    It's someone with more money than sense. 70b that's needed for this is more than the worth of either GM or Ford. Companies that actually know how to build cars...
    You don't need to buy out the full company to take it private. He already owns 20% of it for a start, and all you really need to aim for is to bring your number of shareholders of record under 300 or something like that. Given Tesla is a young company, it's probably still overwhelmingly owned by a small number of founders, early employees and institutional investors. Assuming you can get the key players to agree on the plan, buying out everyone else is likely to be relatively straightforward.

    In any case it actually looks pretty real. Though I suspect he could still get into rather a lot of bother if his use of the word "secured" is overly certain.
    Last edited by elmicker; August 8 2018 at 09:28:38 PM.

  18. #258
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,016
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Russian funding?
    More likely middle east. Unless the Google duo made good on their personal promise of not letting Tesla go bust, but I thought they care more for SpaceX.
    It's someone with more money than sense. 70b that's needed for this is more than the worth of either GM or Ford. Companies that actually know how to build cars...
    You don't need to buy out the full company to take it private. He already owns 20% of it for a start, and all you really need to aim for is to bring your number of shareholders of record under 300 or something like that. Given Tesla is a young company, it's probably still overwhelmingly owned by a small number of founders, early employees and institutional investors. Assuming you can get the key players to agree on the plan, buying out everyone else is likely to be relatively straightforward.

    In any case it actually looks pretty real. Though I suspect he could still get into rather a lot of bother if his use of the word "secured" is overly certain.
    It was my understanding they need to show they have enough money for a full buyout regardless of how much they actually spend.


    

  19. #259

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,716
    There are really two possibilities:

    1. Musk did not had funding secured 100% before tweeting, in which case what he committed securities fraud.
    2. Musk had funding secured 100%, in which case he has until Friday to disclose the details, while hoping his would-be backers do not pull the plug.

  20. #260

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    It was my understanding they need to show they have enough money for a full buyout regardless of how much they actually spend.
    Based on his offer of "stay in Tesla or get bought out*" yes, in theory he'd need to potentially cover the whole shebang, but in practise he probably doesn't need to buy out that many shareholders. Unfortunately for him personally, the SEC are going to be looking at whether he had the funding "secured", not whether or not he really needed it.

    *Which is unusual but frankly not impossible.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •