hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1227

Thread: Musk's statistical analysis appreciation thread. (Not Tesla related at all)

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Maybe they should adopt some nuclear power to fix that.
    I posted something about this from the BBC a few weeks back, Germany are now one of the worst polluters in the EU, mostly because they got scared that a tsunami hit a plant in Japan therefore we need to turn our nuclear plants off. Utterly baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Maybe they should adopt some nuclear power to fix that.
    I posted something about this from the BBC a few weeks back, Germany are now one of the worst polluters in the EU, mostly because they got scared that a tsunami hit a plant in Japan therefore we need to turn our nuclear plants off. Utterly baffling.
    Anti nuclear is older than Fukushima. Fallout from Chernobyl actually made it to Germany. And then all the pacifism post WWII and the Cold War,specifically the number of nukes stationed in Germany and that most were rather short range and tactical in use and that there were still ruins from the war in the 70s on both sides of the Wall.

But yeah, of course it's all Fukushima.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Still pants on head retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Still pants on head retarded.
    I'm generally not disagreeing. But it's a old movement from the 80s at least.

They are closing the coal mines and plants in my home region over the next few years. They came up with a plan on how to buffer the job losses.
    Seeing how massive the job loss in coal mining was in the 90s (25% unemployment rate, tons of people moving away, massive neo-Nazi movement), I hope the plans work out. It's gonna be expensive though.

Keeping coal around keeps a region from collapsing twice within a generation.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Fukushima was the straw that broke the camels back for German nuclear power.

Clearly it was all worth it since they are destroying an ancient forest in order to mine coal now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

End of nuclear was decided on way before Fukushima by the SPD-Green government of Schröder in 2000. Merkel as head of her conservative government then reversed that decision to a massive backlash from the public.

Oh and the anti nuclear movement is from the early 70s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-n...ent_in_Germany

Are you talking about the Hambacher Forst? That one is a small part of what it was in the 60s before a large part was cleared for the existing mine.
    Have a picture:
      Spoiler:

The forest you mean is the small bit to the south named Bürgewald. The Sophienhöhe to the north is recultivated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hambach_Forest
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    http://brusselstimes.com/business/te...an-study-shows

When CO2 emissions linked to the production of batteries and the German energy mix - in which coal still plays an important role - are taken into consideration, electric vehicles emit 11% to 28% more than their diesel counterparts, according to the study, presented on Wednesday at the Ifo Institute in Munich.
    That study is a bit daft iirc. Ignores a bunch of stuff when it comes to ice cars to make them seem better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    http://brusselstimes.com/business/te...an-study-shows

When CO2 emissions linked to the production of batteries and the German energy mix - in which coal still plays an important role - are taken into consideration, electric vehicles emit 11% to 28% more than their diesel counterparts, according to the study, presented on Wednesday at the Ifo Institute in Munich.
    That study is a bit daft iirc. Ignores a bunch of stuff when it comes to ice cars to make them seem better.
    Like what exactly, oil?

Makes sense to me that with current efficient ICE in countries with an actual powergrid going full retard electro won't actually improve net emissions.

Know what does? Electro buses. I'd be the first to fellate that and we are actually getting some this year.
    Last edited by RazoR; April 25 2019 at 10:16:31 PM.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ing-oil-demand

Interesting article on oil demand, electric buses and China.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Like what exactly, oil?
    You already have a lot of papers who have done research on this subject that conclude in an entirely different direction. And then another "study" comes out that somehow contradicts the consensus and WHABLAMO - "See guys I was right all along". That's your confirmation bias kicking in kiddo.

The "study" has a lot of flaws. It doesn't take in the carbon footprint that actually occurs when producing fossil run cars, but it takes the footprint of producing electric cars. Also it doesn't take into account the footprint of harvesting and refining the actual energy source of fossil cars but by god, the energy source of EV's are so dirty so that's a fools errand amirite?

https://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/as...ing-gallon-gas

CO2 eq emissions from well to gas pump, before you burn a drop in your tank, can range from about 3.35 pounds per gallon to 6.7 pounds per gallon. (CO2 eq includes not only CO2 but also other global warming gases such as methane.) Obviously, this is a hefty percent of the roughly 20 pounds of emissions from burning the gasoline!
    Yeah, your study is bullshit.

E: The biggest emission from an EV is pure and unadulterated smug. Which tend to leave a pretty big footprint evidenced by butthurt climate change deniers.
    Last edited by helgur; April 26 2019 at 05:19:43 PM.

WTF is this design

Spoiler:

Also, I am excited to see the crash test results as it seems that the frame and it's panels are so resistant to taking damage. I shudder a bit thinking about how passengers are going to fare in an impact, and how all that energy that usually is dissipated through crumpling zones is going to go somewhere else

Edit - Elon says 146 000 people have already preordered the truck: https://www.businessinsider.com/cybe...n-musk-2019-11
    Last edited by helgur; November 24 2019 at 07:49:58 AM.

I put a deposit down.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    WTF is this design

Spoiler:

Also, I am excited to see the crash test results as it seems that the frame and it's panels are so resistant to taking damage. I shudder a bit thinking about how passengers are going to fare in an impact, and how all that energy that usually is dissipated through crumpling zones is going to go somewhere else

Edit - Elon says 146 000 people have already preordered the truck: https://www.businessinsider.com/cybe...n-musk-2019-11
    Tesla is the new Apple?

It’s the RoboCop police vehicle.

I’d buy that for a dollar!
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Well, at least it looks different.

Cars all look the same these days IMO
      Spoiler:
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Fiat Multipla is not the "Ugliest Car" no more.

For the man that really liked the Pontiac Aztek but hated that he was still pulling pussy with it.

Aztek was ahead of its time TBH.

The detailing was atrocious, and the whole thing is a little awkward, and lolGMquality, but it absolutely predicted the modern Kammback crossover design that dominates the American market these days.

And owners loved them:

“ The Aztek had among the highest CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) scores in its class, and won the appellation of "Most Appealing Entry Sport Utility Vehicle" in 2001 from J.D. Power and Associates, an independent consumer survey organization which noted: "The Aztek scores highest or second highest in every APEAL component measure except exterior styling."

Matthew DeBord of The Big Money argued that despite its poor reviews and sales, the Aztek was the car that, in the long run, could save GM. He praised GM for being daring and trying to create an entirely new market in vehicles, rather than simply copying successful formulas.”
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; November 24 2019 at 05:42:18 PM.