hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Meetup] hamburg

This is a potential yes from me. Hamburg is one of the cities my gf and I have on our list to visit so could roll that into meeting your guys there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    REEPERBAHN
    REEPERBAHN
    REEPERBAHN

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    2 questions
    1. can i drink beer by the liter?
    2. can i drink beer by the liter and then put on a highly offensive fake Japanese accent and poop in some ones doorway?

You'll get paid to do that sort of stuff in Hamburg

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    You'll get paid to do that sort of stuff in Hamburg

Questions have been asked about this. All queries should be directed at Joe and Tyrehl. Let's get this organized and get bando shitting in someone's doorway again

So I'm as always interested in adding a little roadtrip to this. Possible destinations are either going North to Denmark or West to the Netherlands. Going South into central or Western Germany would also be possible. This past summer Elriche and I went from Austria to Slovenia for the meet up to Croatia and back to Austria. It was great fun I'd say, close to three weeks. Something similar can be done in either direction, maybe not for the same time frame, due to slightly higher prices for stuff in Denmark and the Netherlands. Germany can be quite affordable in comparison.

Small reminder on the dates:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    My summer break goes from Thursday 20/06/19 to Tuesday 30/07/19.
    nevar forget

So I'm as always interested in adding a little roadtrip to this. Possible destinations are either going North to Denmark or West to the Netherlands. Going South into central or Western Germany would also be possible. This past summer Elriche and I went from Austria to Slovenia for the meet up to Croatia and back to Austria. It was great fun I'd say, close to three weeks. Something similar can be done in either direction, maybe not for the same time frame, due to slightly higher prices for stuff in Denmark and the Netherlands. Germany can be quite affordable in comparison.

Small reminder on the dates:

My summer break goes from Thursday 20/06/19 to Tuesday 30/07/19.
    Ive got a few folks in Amsterdam and surrounding area who I said I'd visit at some point, possibly before then.

For me late June or any time in July work best as I'll likely be in Hannover for early June (yay conferences).

From experience I'd say we stay in Leiden and commute into Amsterdam. Much cheaper, quieter, nicer. And Overspark and indi are there.
    nevar forget

I can do a weekend. I can't afford more.

Looks like the GF and I are down for a Hamburg to A'dam trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Sounds like a plan is forming.
    nevar forget

KLM has cheap flights to Schiphol if you're going that route.

I think we'd probably fly into Hamburg and then rent a car to drive to the Netherlands. Or maybe fly to Amsterdam, rent a car and drive to Hamburg, then drive back? :dunno:

It'll be my first time in continental Europe, so the more road trip the better, as far as I'm concerned. Still need to get a handle on what my options are for taking time off from work, but we're still 9 months out so I'm sure I can work something out, even if it's just an extended long weekend or something.

I think we'd probably fly into Hamburg and then rent a car to drive to the Netherlands. Or maybe fly to Amsterdam, rent a car and drive to Hamburg, then drive back? :dunno:

It'll be my first time in continental Europe, so the more road trip the better, as far as I'm concerned. Still need to get a handle on what my options are for taking time off from work, but we're still 9 months out so I'm sure I can work something out.
    Most important question. Can you drive a stick? Otherwise make 100% sure you are renting an automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

It'll be my first time in continental Europe, so the more road trip the better, as far as I'm concerned. Still need to get a handle on what my options are for taking time off from work, but we're still 9 months out so I'm sure I can work something out.
    Most important question. Can you drive a stick? Otherwise make 100% sure you are renting an automatic.
    This. Renting automatic is easy, it's what Elriche and I did for Slovenia and Croatia. The car also ended up being really nice. And I would be up for that road trip as well.
    nevar forget

I have never purchased a car with an automatic transmission. I currently drive a car with a CVT, but not by choice. I'd consider buying a car with a DCT or a sequential manual, but as far as I'm concerned a stick shift, clutch, and handbrake are necessary controls for any real automobile.

Very German. I see you have been practicing for the meetup.

This. Renting automatic is easy, it's what Elriche and I did for Slovenia and Croatia. The car also ended up being really nice. And I would be up for that road trip as well.
    Which one of you only learned to half-drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

Which one of you only learned to half-drive?
    One of us is from a country with a notable car industry, the other is from a continent known for using automatics.

So obviously it must be me.
    nevar forget