hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Summertime is itchy time (USA Civil Unrest Thread)

Here's to hoping the cops grown a spine and enforce the law at aright wing rally. Lol

The cops are participants...
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The cops are participants...
    You don't say

I suppose a small silver lining is that any travelling cops won't be at home to abuse their wives while at the march.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

proletariat keeps their rights, hoes mad

So i'm hearing the rally was a complete success with 0 incidents and diverse participation while the media keeps on screeching nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    So i'm hearing the rally was a complete success with 0 incidents and diverse participation
    Seems like the FBI managed to do their job this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    So i'm hearing the rally was a complete success with 0 incidents and diverse participation
    Which is?..

Which is?..
    All those arrests before hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Here's to hoping the cops grown a spine and enforce the law at aright wing rally. Lol
    Like they do so with left wing rallies in Portland?

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Which is?..
    Preventing incidents that could push the public sentiment one way or the other.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

the memes have begun

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Straight white cis men don't represent minorities or trans people. Try again.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    >Authoritarian left dude
    >White

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    >Authoritarian left dude
    >White
    Being left while white (and a dude) is no longer allowed/acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    >Authoritarian left dude
    >White
    Being left while white (and a dude) is no longer allowed/acceptable?
    I believe Norfstern's comment was in response to the pic above him.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1ZJ15B
    The rally began on a cold morning with a festival-like atmosphere in the streets of Richmond. Many in the crowds were dressed in camouflage or tactical gear and carrying weapons as they exchanged pleasantries with others arriving at the event. Some browsed vendors’ pro-gun T-shirts and other merchandise, much of it carrying slogans supporting President Donald Trump.

Those backing tougher gun restrictions see Democrats taking control of the Virginia legislature for the first time in a generation on campaign promises of tougher access to arms as offering a model for other traditionally gun-friendly states.

Activists at the rally argued that Virginia is stomping on their constitutional right to bear arms and vowed that Monday’s event will help citizens understand how quickly they can lose the ability to carry guns, based on who wins at the ballot box.

“What’s going on here, if not stopped, will spread to other states,” said Teri Horne, who had traveled to Virginia from her home in Texas with her Smith & Wesson rifle and .40-caliber handgun. “They will come for our guns in other states if we don’t stop them in Virginia.”

Activists said they were planning only a peaceful protest. Security was tight with a large police presence. Those wanting to enter Capitol Square to hear the morning’s speakers had to pass through a single entrance for security screening, leaving their guns outside.

Tension rose ahead of the rally after the FBI last week arrested three members of a small neo-Nazi group, who authorities said hoped to ignite a race war through violence at the gathering, reminiscent of a 2017 white supremacist rally in nearby Charlottesville.

People across the United States were focused on the Virginia gun issue, said Philip Van Cleave, leader of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, which is organizing Monday’s rally.

“They don’t want us to fail in stopping this,” Van Cleave said on Sunday. “We’ve gotten huge donations from other states.”

Van Cleave has rejected calls for violence, but he has urged tens of thousands of armed supporters from across the United States to be in Richmond to provide security for his group.

A spokesman for the Capitol police said Van Cleave had worked closely with law enforcement on plans for the rally.

High-profile national militia figures gathered for a meeting on Sunday near Richmond said they wanted Monday’s event to be peaceful, but feared the worst, including the risk of a “lone wolf” unleashing bitter fighting with a single shot.

“The buildup is probably one of the most intense I’ve seen,” said Tammy Lee, a right-wing internet personality from Oklahoma who was involved in the Charlottesville “Unite the Right” rally.

Christian Yingling, head of the Pennsylvania Light Foot Militia and a leader in Charlottesville, said none of his men would carry long guns and they wanted to avoid skirmishes.
    "We want peace" say a group of heavily-armed people who have done nothing to de-escalate the situation.
    The NRA, which is not involved in organizing Monday’s rally, also blasted Virginia’s Democrats, who received campaign contributions last year of more than $2.5 million from Everytown for Gun Safety, started by former New York mayor and Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg.

“Anti-gun billionaires who invested millions in the 2019 Virginia elections expect a return on that investment,” said NRA official D. J. Spiker. “The NRA is fully prepared to work to defeat Governor Northam’s gun grab - but also work to find compromise.”
    And how much did pro-gun backers give to Virginia Republicans?
    I'm just glad no one got hurt, frankly.

Anyway, the whole boogaloo, indeed, turned into a bit of a farce. A lot of people showed up; heavily armed no less; shouted a load on nonsense; then left around noon, and that's that.

There's, as yet, no indication that all this moved the needle against gun-control at all, either locally or beyond. So Virginia is still a blueprint for other states to follow.

Having had the "pleasure" of looking briefly at /r/progun its been a "fun" couple days. Especially when there was (is always) a thread on how police is on their side and then another (is always) that was "they are coming, get ready for the revolution" sort of. Included a pic of armored car, with turret and heavily armed police going through the street like US Army in Iraq.

I literately cant wrap my head around any of it tbh. Its so fuckin insane looking at this from the outside.

The follow-up in the rally was quite ok surprisingly, most agreed that it went down in a calm fashion, they did was they supposed to do and walked home. Even the a sentence including the words that "both sides of the media" are fuckin morons for trying to stir this up.

But in general it was still insane. As expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

At what point will what Alex Johnes does be finally called out as inciting hatred and violence? Surely that's not covered by the 1st, right? Right?