hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565 ... LastLast

Thread: National Brotherhood Week (USA Civil Unrest Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Joshua was tongue in cheek but let's be honest
    No it wasn't. People make snap judgments about people they meet and one of the factors you are judged on is appearance. Dress like a nerd people will think you're a nerd and bother you with their shitty IT problems. Dress like homeless person people will think you're homeless and smell bad. Dress like a criminal and people will think you're a criminal and refuse to leave you alone with their valuables. The appearance you choose when you leave the house directly affects how you are viewed/treated by others.

Muuuuh joshue but thats wrong/unfair/racist/victim blaming/etc!!1!1
    Yes it probably is but unfortunately that doesn't really change reality.
    How are they supposed to NOT look like criminals? They were just born that way!
    Born running from cops in saggy pants?

I'm not making excuses for the terribleness of US police. That video in a hotel hallway with the cop giving orders for a literal eternity and then shooting the guy when he tried to hold up his shorts will stay forever imprinted in my mind.

It's pretty funny you'd accuse others of being on a high horse here then keep squirming your way out of those shitty points.

Also totally predicted the obvious "hurr were just saying how things are" defense as if anybody here is so dense to not know how shit things are in this case. It helps absolutely nothing to be dismissive and keep implying people x you don't like deserve it.
    Last edited by Isyel; May 21 2020 at 12:35:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    ~400 mln of civilian owned firearms (~45% of the world total) in a ~320 mln country which has a long history of resolving problems with violence.

God damm USA, this part of your culture is a real cancer.
    I know this is an old post, but you do know this is for registered firearms, right? Only about 9% of firearms in circulation across the globe are registered with a government. 45% of that 9% are registered in the United States.
    Last edited by Marlona Sky; May 21 2020 at 01:12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    ~400 mln of civilian owned firearms (~45% of the world total) in a ~320 mln country which has a long history of resolving problems with violence.

I know this is an old post, but you do know this is for registered firearms, right? Only about 9% of firearms in circulation across the globe are registered with a government. 45% of that 9% are registered in the United States.
    No gun registration in Colorado, so I guess we can add a few more to the list.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Isyel, you can't be this stupid, can you? Maybe you can.

For the record: when I mean someone deserves to die, I say it. In this case, I wouldn't "imply" jackshit, I'd openly say something like "that dirty nigga had it coming and good riddance". But I don't think that way, you idiot, so I didn't.

Bah it's pointless
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; May 21 2020 at 01:40:03 AM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post

No gun registration in Colorado, so I guess we can add a few more to the list.
    Gun rights are trans rights

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

For the record: when I mean someone deserves to die, I say it. In this case, I wouldn't "imply" jackshit, I'd openly say something like "that dirty nigga had it coming and good riddance". But I don't think that way, you idiot, so I didn't.

Bah it's pointless
    shut up nazi

Bah it's pointless
    What I'm pointing out is that you apparently don't seem to know what you're saying or how it looks like.

Just the very idea of having the urge to devils advocate something so fucking basic as "people shouldn't get killed for how they dress" is absurd.
    Last edited by Isyel; May 21 2020 at 02:04:04 AM.

If i lived in US i'd make sure to have as little contact with the police as possible and comply when i do get stopped unless i want them to chase me down with an M60 in a Huey.

Does this come clear enough?

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    If i lived in US i'd make sure to have as little contact with the police as possible and comply when i do get stopped unless i want them to chase me down with an M60 in a Huey.

Does this come clear enough?
    You look white af so not like it would really matter.

What happened after that recent police shootout in traffic with a stolen delivery van where the driver was taken hostage?

I'm guessing nothing or maybe some administrative leave.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    What happened after that recent police shootout in traffic with a stolen delivery van where the driver was taken hostage?

I'm guessing nothing or maybe some administrative leave.
    the one where they shot and killed two suspects, as well as an innocent driver parked nearby after wildly shooting right across the highway? All to protect some insured watches from a jewelry store?

nothing to see here folks. powlyce business

*roleplay

I think an innocent bystander was killed too.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Lief I get what you are saying, I guess I'm more addressing Alistair and Joshua, who if they were in the shoes of a person that had skin that allowed police to get away with shooting them or someone like them, would probably be less inclined to say shit like they have. Even then I understand all of you aren't KKK members, but you have to see that the status quo isn't working, and it isn't ever worth defending if it's not working. If you can be killed for being black, but the law is constructed to make sure it doesn't appear racist, then it can be used against your "accidental" shooting by a police officer happens as well.

I've had a gun pulled on me by a state trooper who was about as bright as a brick covered in shit. It was terrifying and left me confused for a few hours. I fought my instincts and froze, but if I had been expecting him to do so, I have no idea what the fuck I would of done. I can't say I'd honestly of done the right thing if while the trooper was walking up to the car I was afraid of him reacting lethally, even though I knew I had had done nothing wrong. To be a black person in that situation, you can't possibly say "comply and it will be ok" because a lot of the time, it just isn't.

Is there any official and generally accepted statistics on the total# of police interactions with POC per year and how many of those end up with the use of force?
    Force doesnt have to mean shooting but I guess thats the relevant metric we are after here? If there is a breakdown of type of force even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Is there any official and generally accepted statistics on the total# of police interactions with POC per year and how many of those end up with the use of force?
    Force doesnt have to mean shooting but I guess thats the relevant metric we are after here? If there is a breakdown of type of force even better.
    The U.S doesn't like to keep a central database of police violence. Same with guns. I believe most of the work has to be done by journalistic or activist organizers. I think there might be one, but it might not include everything, nor have breakdowns by the info you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Good question.

I'm not immediately aware of such a source, sadly, but I'd love to see it if there is. Not just for POC, but for all stops, with sub-stats on various ethnic/racial groups.

I presume the FBI may have such numbers, but they'd be at the mercy of partial, incomplete and otherwise full of shit local reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Lief I get what you are saying, I guess I'm more addressing Alistair and Joshua, who if they were in the shoes of a person that had skin that allowed police to get away with shooting them or someone like them, would probably be less inclined to say shit like they have. Even then I understand all of you aren't KKK members, but you have to see that the status quo isn't working, and it isn't ever worth defending if it's not working. If you can be killed for being black, but the law is constructed to make sure it doesn't appear racist, then it can be used against your "accidental" shooting by a police officer happens as well.
    Good job projecting things i guess. Maybe its more clear this way;

Being black in america is dangerous. When you leave the house in the morning you have a choice:

1: Dress like you walked straight out of a gangsta movie where people sell crack on corners, hold their guns sideways and do drivebys
    2: Dress like literally anything else

One of these options is a better choice then the other one.

Picking option 2 isn't going to prevent some retarded racist with a badge and a gun from shooting you because you're primarily being judged on the color of your skin but by picking option 1 you're actively increasing the chances of it happening.

Is that fair? Fuck no. Everyone would love for the world to be free of racism, for american cops to be not retarded, for american's to not worship their guns and for the world to be an all around decent place for all humans.

But guess what? It isn't. Maybe one day it will be, but that day isn't today, tomorrow and probably not next month either. So maybe instead of dressing like you're an extra on The Wire and becoming the exact stereotype racists cops visualize when they think of criminals it seems to me the smart move might be to slap on a button-up shirt, some pants that fit and a belt and ever so slightly increase your chances of not getting killed today.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Good job projecting things i guess. Maybe its more clear this way;

Being black in america is dangerous. When you leave the house in the morning you have a choice:

1: Dress like you walked straight out of a gangsta movie where people sell crack on corners, hold their guns sideways and do drivebys
    2: Dress like literally anything else

One of these options is a better choice then the other one.

Picking option 2 isn't going to prevent some retarded racist with a badge and a gun from shooting you because you're primarily being judged on the color of your skin but by picking option 1 you're actively increasing the chances of it happening.

Is that fair? Fuck no. Everyone would love for the world to be free of racism, for american cops to be not retarded, for american's to not worship their guns and for the world to be an all around decent place for all humans.

But guess what? It isn't. Maybe one day it will be, but that day isn't today, tomorrow and probably not next month either. So maybe instead of dressing like you're an extra on The Wire and becoming the exact stereotype racists cops visualize when they think of criminals it seems to me the smart move might be to slap on a button-up shirt, some pants that fit and a belt and ever so slightly increase your chances of not getting killed today.

This post is some shameful shit

*roleplay

Imma have to request a full yike.