hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969 ... LastLast

Thread: National Brotherhood Week (USA Civil Unrest Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    If you live in a dystopia you probably shouldn't be judging if elsewhere is good enough to count as a utopia.

No boxing for me until they end social distancing.
    See, that's the thing Keck. I don't live in a dystopia or a third world shithole.

We have problems, some serious, just like everyone does.

We have alot of work to do to make our country better.

But I think many of you have a VERY twisted idea of what life is like here, and a complete inability to a legit compare/contrast with your own home nations.

I'll just leave it at that, because Lief is right. If you hate the States, and it's people, and me, fine, such is life.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lief Siddhe again.
    Actually, its how much perspective they all lack about how much of a shithole most of Europe is, but, you cant really expect much more, tbh.
    Most european countries can't even manage one mass school shooting a year smh basically barbarians
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Actually, it has turned out amazingly for America. Around 190 countries in the world have a constitution. 9 of 10 of the top economies in the world follow the American view of life. Shit's nuts.
    Having constitutions is a result of the creation of the nation state and national identities of the late 18th and 19th century, not because of anything the US has done.

Tapapapatalk
    ... and you think the creation of 'nation-states' around the world has nothing to do with America? Like I said, one of the ways we meddle with other peoples is that we force them to have institutional structures that can interface with us. Like 'nation-states' as you call them.

This programme was established by the British and French, and completed by America.
    LOL, really? I mean you seem to remember that it wasn't only the US judging by your attempt at a save by mentioning the English and French. Too bad your original post sounded like it was all the work of the Americans.

Modern constitutions were the result of enlightenment thinkers like Rousseau, Locke and Hobbes. The latter two were long dead by the time the 13 colonies revolted. Rousseau died in 1778.

Now if you had said that the French were the reason, nations had constitutions, you would have been more right than wrong.
    Reread what I said. I'll quote it again for you,

"We also force countries to change their legal system to have constitutions, have some kind of voting system, to adopt our style of education, to have bureaucracies, corporate structures, institutions, and financial instruments acceptable to us. We also force them to conform to our moral structures to an acceptable degree, including women's rights, gay rights, minorities rights, human rights, etc.

We do a shitton of stuff to other countries, actually."

My statement is actually far far more broad than just, 'countries have constitutions because of America' which you apparently read it as saying. If you had read it properly, you would understand what I mean is that the world has been co-opted into the Anglosphere over time and gradually adopting Anglo models. The timespan is approximately over the last two hundred and fifty years. And this is perpetuated today by American power.

My previous post is just a listing of some of these examples.

And Jack, you are incorrect, this is not what we are taught in school. This is an interesting peculiarity of America. Plenty of previous world-powers explicitly and nakedly acknowledge that the world is the way it is through the force of their power (we can see it today through paintings and victory stelae of tributes, military domination, progression of defeated peoples, etc). America doesn't really do this so much. Many consequences of Anglo power are disassociated with Anglo activity. Instead, American schools teach the view that American models represent progress and a better way of life. They teach that other peoples come to it by their own will, by their own choice, that all they needed to have done was be follow science and reason, be freed from superstition and a circle of *insert evil elites* that dominate the populace. You can see this point of view expressed in plenty of areas, but Fukuyama's The End of History and the Last Man is one example.

I bang on about this is because it really irritates me to see many many posters here bleat about America and act like their beliefs present some alternative to America, when in reality their beliefs fall well in line within the major programs of American imperialism. Keckers for example thinks he is dramatically different than the American elites and we are subject to his endless drivel in every thread. Something like China, on the other hand, is actually interesting and presents plenty of alternative models. To these irritating posters, either fess up or be more interesting like China please.

tl;dr you are getting a McD chain, want it or not

You ain't doing shit and haven't done anything of actual value about it either by raging at everyone for the last couple of days for daring to have different opinions and maybe suggesting constantly normalizing shitty things is not good.

No, smashing in some dumb young nazi's face twenty years ago brings fuck all lasting change too beyond stuffing your ego for a lifetime apparently.
    oh i missed this gem.

Let's compare our activities then, shall we? Ofc I can't "prove" this, so you'll probably disregard it, but here goes:

How many camps for refugees have you helped build? I only helped with one, a small short term one. No houses or anything, just setting up tents and a kitchen.
    How many elections have you volountered to monitor to ensure some resemblance of democracy is enforced and nobody harasses voters in small villages? I only on two.
    How many years have you spent working in underground clubs and NGO, organizing round tables, discussions, concerts, donations for the poor and minority culture nights, LGBT parties, and inviting guests from "enemy" countries, getting harassed by the police every fucking week? I only spent some 6ish years of my life doing it.
    And yeah, I only broke one nazi arm and only got 4 teeth kicked in. You?

Feel free to correct me in my low opinion of your bullshit. I've never read you post about anything CONSTRUCTIVE that you did in real life re: all these issues, so sorry if I think you're nothing but a loud keyboard warrior. If you actually did anything, then I apologize. Until then I'll still think you're a loud little cunt.
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; May 23 2020 at 06:55:27 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Now that's a beatdown
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    If you live in a dystopia you probably shouldn't be judging if elsewhere is good enough to count as a utopia.

See, that's the thing Keck. I don't live in a dystopia or a third world shithole.

But I think many of you have a VERY twisted idea of what life is like here, and a complete inability to a legit compare/contrast with your own home nations.

I'll just leave it at that, because Lief is right. If you hate the States, and it's people, and me, fine, such is life.

Actually, its how much perspective they all lack about how much of a shithole most of Europe is, but, you cant really expect much more, tbh.
    Most european countries can't even manage one mass school shooting a year smh basically barbarians
    No, instead you have the ghettoification of racial groups and the rise of fascism all over the place.
    meh

Desperately trying to bait Isyel into contributing to a conversation rather than just screaming like a baby. Lost cause.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

No, instead you have the ghettoification of racial groups and the rise of fascism all over the place.
    pft where doesn't?

pft where doesn't?
    Yep.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post

You ain't doing shit and haven't done anything of actual value about it either by raging at everyone for the last couple of days for daring to have different opinions and maybe suggesting constantly normalizing shitty things is not good.

No, smashing in some dumb young nazi's face twenty years ago brings fuck all lasting change too beyond stuffing your ego for a lifetime apparently.
    oh i missed this gem.

Let's compare our activities then, shall we? Ofc I can't "prove" this, so you'll probably disregard it, but here goes:

How many camps for refugees have you helped build? I only helped with one, a small short term one. No houses or anything, just setting up tents and a kitchen.
    How many elections have you volountered to monitor to ensure some resemblance of democracy is enforced and nobody harasses voters in small villages? I only on two.
    How many years have you spent working in underground clubs and NGO, organizing round tables, discussions, concerts, donations for the poor and minority culture nights, LGBT parties, and inviting guests from "enemy" countries, getting harassed by the police every fucking week? I only spent some 6ish years of my life doing it.
    And yeah, I only broke one nazi arm and only got 4 teeth kicked in. You?

Feel free to correct me in my low opinion of your bullshit. I've never read you post about anything CONSTRUCTIVE that you did in real life re: all these issues, so sorry if I think you're nothing but a loud keyboard warrior. If you actually did anything, then I apologize. Until then I'll still think you're a loud little cunt.
    Yeah I believe that

Your opinions are still garbage though

Actually, it has turned out amazingly for America. Around 190 countries in the world have a constitution. 9 of 10 of the top economies in the world follow the American view of life. Shit's nuts.
    Having constitutions is a result of the creation of the nation state and national identities of the late 18th and 19th century, not because of anything the US has done.

Tapapapatalk
    ... and you think the creation of 'nation-states' around the world has nothing to do with America? Like I said, one of the ways we meddle with other peoples is that we force them to have institutional structures that can interface with us. Like 'nation-states' as you call them.

This programme was established by the British and French, and completed by America.
    LOL, really? I mean you seem to remember that it wasn't only the US judging by your attempt at a save by mentioning the English and French. Too bad your original post sounded like it was all the work of the Americans.

Modern constitutions were the result of enlightenment thinkers like Rousseau, Locke and Hobbes. The latter two were long dead by the time the 13 colonies revolted. Rousseau died in 1778.

Now if you had said that the French were the reason, nations had constitutions, you would have been more right than wrong.
    Reread what I said. I'll quote it again for you,
    I went with the short version, because the longer one wasn't better, but I'll indulge you.
    "We also force countries to change their legal system to have constitutions, have some kind of voting system, to adopt our style of education, to have bureaucracies, corporate structures, institutions, and financial instruments acceptable to us. We also force them to conform to our moral structures to an acceptable degree, including women's rights, gay rights, minorities rights, human rights, etc.

We do a shitton of stuff to other countries, actually."
    Oh boy. YThe US does that? You force countries to change? Please tell me, how did the Vietnamese change their nation, or Cuba.
    That's baity, I know.
    My statement is actually far far more broad than just, 'countries have constitutions because of America' which you apparently read it as saying. If you had read it properly, you would understand what I mean is that the world has been co-opted into the Anglosphere over time and gradually adopting Anglo models. The timespan is approximately over the last two hundred and fifty years. And this is perpetuated today by American power.

My previous post is just a listing of some of these examples.

And Jack, you are incorrect, this is not what we are taught in school. This is an interesting peculiarity of America. Plenty of previous world-powers explicitly and nakedly acknowledge that the world is the way it is through the force of their power (we can see it today through paintings and victory stelae of tributes, military domination, progression of defeated peoples, etc). America doesn't really do this so much. Many consequences of Anglo power are disassociated with Anglo activity. Instead, American schools teach the view that American models represent progress and a better way of life. They teach that other peoples come to it by their own will, by their own choice, that all they needed to have done was be follow science and reason, be freed from superstition and a circle of *insert evil elites* that dominate the populace. You can see this point of view expressed in plenty of areas, but Fukuyama's The End of History and the Last Man is one example.

I bang on about this is because it really irritates me to see many many posters here bleat about America and act like their beliefs present some alternative to America, when in reality their beliefs fall well in line within the major programs of American imperialism. Keckers for example thinks he is dramatically different than the American elites and we are subject to his endless drivel in every thread. Something like China, on the other hand, is actually interesting and presents plenty of alternative models. To these irritating posters, either fess up or be more interesting like China please.
    Alright. Lets get cracking.

Please explain to me how the US influenced the constitutions of Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary.

Or what did the US do to end the dicatorships in Greece and Portugal? Portugal joined NATO in 49, Greece in 52. Only in the 70s did they become democracies (again).

You said the US didn't force countries to change their government through force. Yet that is explicitly what the US did in Germany, Austria and Japan. Both Austria and Germany had democratic constitutions from 1919 they could have reused, yet the occupation government didn't allow that. What about Iraq and Afghanistan? Did these countries get the idea of having new constitutions by themselves?
    What about Iran in the 50s, where a nation decided to turn democratic and the CIA toppled that government?
    What about Chile and Slavador Allende and Augusto Pinochet? Again the US helped topple a democratically elected government.

Your argument has holes so big you can drive an aircraft carrier through it.
    nevar forget

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    i think you steer aircraft carriers, not drive them

might be wrong, never drove or steered one.

blah
    I too can make up shit and make myself look hard online, until then you're just another loud person spreading bullshit online no better than anyone else.

As for a real reply, having done x or y in the past does not entitle you to being an asshole now.
    Last edited by Isyel; May 23 2020 at 08:07:19 PM.

blah
    I too can make up shit and make myself look hard online.
    Gentlemen, i believe we have achieved peak isyel.

Keckers for example thinks he is dramatically different than the American elites
    uh...I have a question.

are you retarded?

Not even halfway there mate.

The motivations and general personality of American elites are so far off the map from those of anyone who sits on this stupid forum.

I'd like to point out I perfectly believe Lief did the stuff he says he did.

Changes nothing with regards to having terrible opinions now though, and that's sort of all we have on a forum like this.

If you're going to be this upset that someone tells you that maybe just maybe "they should dress nicer and be more polite" is not a constructive stance in any way for a million reasons we went over before then idk.
    Last edited by Isyel; May 23 2020 at 08:16:42 PM.

blah
    I too can make up shit and make myself look hard online, until then you're just another loud person spreading bullshit online no better than anyone else.

As for a real reply, having done x or y in the past does not entitle you to being an asshole now.
    hhahahaha i knew it

Wherever I worked, and it was most noticeable when I was doing all that "activist lefty" stuff I wrote about, loudmouths always did the least amount of actual dirty work, until we got sick of them, called them out on it and told them to fuck off

at least then have the common decency to take your own advice once in a while. And I will now stop being an asshole and go back to being the usual Lief.

<3
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Pretty sure you're the loudest one around here though, constantly boasting about your work and posting things and opinions by people who'd likely burn all your hard work down.