hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1996

Thread: National Brotherhood Week (USA Civil Unrest Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    A "centrist" who does NOT join an oppressed segment of their countrymen against racist power hungry right wing chuds, is no longer centrist, but should be treated as a right wing chud themselves, and in fact, ARE as right as the racists. Judge people by the outcomes of their actions. not their words.
    So where were you protesting? Were you arrested?

Surely you joined in, right? After all, YOU aren't a right wing chud, right?
    I'm not paying federal tax, am I?
    Dodging your responsibility to society's safety net, I see. Does the ability to do that come automatically after you achieve a certain level of wealth, or is this a temp thing while collecting unemployment? Last time I tried to avoid Federal taxes as a political stance, I had to live in a van, so what are you referring to?
    In fiscal year 2015, military spending is projected to account for 54 percent of all federal discretionary spending, a total of $598.5 billion.

If all it takes for you to support a police state is me saying violent protest is necessary you'd have found another excuse anyway.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    In fiscal year 2015, military spending is projected to account for 54 percent of all federal discretionary spending, a total of $598.5 billion.
    That was essentially why I was avoiding participating in the economy in my early '20s, but that was a long time ago.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

That was essentially why I was avoiding participating in the economy in my early '20s, but that was a long time ago.
    you're right, everything's much better now

you're right, everything's much better now
    Yes, it is better because I have a place to live and occasionally make money, so I pay some Federal tax to the US government. Didn't know there was an option besides moving out of the country, but then again I am only middle class, not Elite enough to no longer have to pay tax.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    If all it takes for you to support a police state is me saying violent protest is necessary you'd have found another excuse anyway.
    Ah, but see you've set the rules here.

I say "I don't support a police state".

You reply "If you don't support violent bloody protest, you are a Nazi and do support a police state".

Like I said, we're either in lockstep with you, or if we differ on any point, we must be 100% against you.

You are the causes worst enemy. You reject allies and only accept those of one specific mindset, a violent mindset.

You reply "If you don't support violent bloody protest, you are a Nazi and do support a police state".

Like I said, we're either in lockstep with you, or if we differ on any point, we must be 100% against you.

You are the causes worst enemy. You reject allies and only accept those of one specific mindset, a violent mindset.
    I see your point.

I guess more accurate wording on my part would be: If you will never countenance violent protest as a vehicle for change, no matter how often non-violent protest is defeated and when all other reasonable methods have been exhausted, you may as well say you never want to see change.

I think you overestimate how much I want to see violence. I will always back an effective peaceful method of protest, but sometimes violence is the only language the enemy can understand. History teaches us important lessons about when to stop pursuing peaceful methods of protest. Violence sometimes becomes inevitable, I think that is the case currently in America.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Hey libs, read this.

In Defense of Looting

The whole thing is a pretty important read, it was written in 2014, this paragraph stands out.
    Recently an Instagram video circulated of a Ferguson protester discussing the looting and burning of the QuikTrip convenience store. He retorts the all too common accusation thrown at rioters: “People wanna say we destroying our own neighborhoods. We don’t own nothing out here!” This is the crux of the matter, and could be said of most majority black neighborhoods in America, which have much higher concentrations of chain stores and fast food restaurants than non-black neighborhoods. The average per capita income in Ferguson, MO is less than $21,000, and that number almost certainly gets lower if you remove the 35% white population of Ferguson from the equation. How could the average Ferguson resident really say it’s “our QuikTrip”? Indeed, although you might hang out in it, how can a chain convenience store or corporate restaurant earnestly be part of anyone’s neighborhood? The same white liberals who inveigh against corporations for destroying local communities are aghast when rioters take their critique to its actual material conclusion.

Look I don't approve of what the state is doing, but nothing is as important as law and order...

I see your point.

I guess more accurate wording on my part would be: If you will never countenance violent protest as a vehicle for change, no matter how often non-violent protest is defeated and when all other reasonable methods have been exhausted, you may as well say you never want to see change.

I think you overestimate how much I want to see violence. I will always back an effective peaceful method of protest, but sometimes violence is the only language the enemy can understand. History teaches us important lessons about when to stop pursuing peaceful methods of protest. Violence sometimes becomes inevitable, I think that is the case currently in America.
    I'll counter with this, the voice of the Civil Rights movement in America personified (from CNN):

Few living Americans have more moral authority when it comes to confronting the forces of racial oppression than Rep. John Lewis, who was almost killed by Alabama troopers while peacefully protesting on the Edmund Pettus Bridge 55 years ago.

On Saturday, he again reminded us of the discipline that is required to ultimately triumph over injustice, stating: "I know your pain, your rage, your sense of despair and hopelessness. Justice has, indeed, been denied for far too long. Rioting, looting, and burning is not the way. Organize. Demonstrate. Sit-in. Stand-up. Vote. Be constructive, not destructive."

I choose to stand with Rep. Lewis on this one. And my own African American friends. Rioting, looting, burning down your own neighborhoods, that's not the way.

But who knows, maybe the Aea's and Kecker's of FHC know better than Rep. Lewis...
    Last edited by Alistair; June 1 2020 at 04:01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Look I don't approve of what the state is doing, but nothing is as important as law and order...
    What has your experience out there in the street protests been like Aea?

By the way, dump law and order, and it won't stop just after you get what you want. Such things have a way of coming back around.
    Last edited by Alistair; June 1 2020 at 04:03:34 PM.

And my own African American friends. Rioting, looting, burning down your own neighborhoods, that's not the way.
    Seems like you aren't a very good friend if you let your friends riot and loot and arson without trying to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Proxy View Post
    And my own African American friends. Rioting, looting, burning down your own neighborhoods, that's not the way.
    Seems like you aren't a very good friend if you let your friends riot and loot and arson without trying to stop them.
    My friends aren't rioting. Just like Rep. Lewis is not rioting.

Protesting, yes. Rioting, violence, arson, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Loving these videos of protesters realizing ANTIFA are the enemy and stopping them from instigating violence and destruction. They are always head to toe dressed in black, white, age 18-25 (occasional older white who is most likely a leader) and usually from a well off background. We have the radical professors pushing that crap in our universities to thank.

Toss them in prison and throw away the key. There is no room for any of that. Let people protest. Don’t let these radical left, ANTIFA ruin in. White supremacy will not be tolerated.

I'm staying in my secure upper middle class community.

I've been quite unaffected by this despite being about a mile from the Colorado State Capitol.

As for a feel about the riots and violence? Mixed feelings. If there wasn't violence in the streets the same pearl clutchers would find anything else to divert the conversation.

When they riot... they clutch their pearls. -- We must have law and order!
    When they kneel... they clutch their pearls. -- We don't want politics in our football!
    When they protest... they clutch their pearls! -- They just want to play the race card!
    When they sue... they clutch their pearls! -- They're just looking for a fat settlement!

They want nothing more than a movement that is quiet, respectful, and ineffective. While people are having their rights trampled, their lives destroyed by police and legal system that is never held to account. The whole system is fucked and the only thing that's changed in my political member is that occasionally a squeaky wheel gets the grease.

And to top it all off there's a whole contingent of assholes looking to muddy the waters on every single death, on every single grievance.

I've been quite unaffected by this despite being about a mile from the Colorado State Capitol.
    So like almost all of FHC's posters, you're doing absolutely nothing, despite the big talk.

As for a feel about the riots and violence? Mixed feelings. If there wasn't violence in the streets the same pearl clutchers would find anything else to divert the conversation.

When they kneel... they clutch their pearls. -- We don't want politics in our football!
    When they protest... they clutch their pearls! -- They just want to play the race card!
    When they sue... they clutch their pearls! -- They're just looking for a fat settlement!

They want nothing more than a movement that is quiet, respectful, and ineffective. While people are having their rights trampled, their lives destroyed by police and legal system that is never held to account. The whole system is fucked and the only thing that's changed in my political member is that occasionally a squeaky wheel gets the grease.

And to top it all off there's a whole contingent of assholes looking to muddy the waters on every single death, on every single grievance.
    Well, why would anyone even engage with you when you already know what they're going to say and make sure to tell them that in advance, and how bad they are for saying it.

I am sure Rep. Lewis, and those who think like him (and I), REALLY want a "movement that is quiet, respectful, and ineffective". Thank God we have you to tell us what we think (and hate us for it, in advance).

I'll repeat, most of you don't really want change, as much as you want to make a show of how great you are at virtue signaling. You don't want Allies in the cause, or a majority to agree with the cause, you want to feel morally superior on the internet.

And you don't really pay as much attention to detail as you like to think, because you constantly and consistently lump everyone not 100% in line with you in the bucket of the enemy, of the not virtuous, in order to help you virtue signal.

Without an enemy, any enemy, to denounce, how will people know how great YOU are, right?

Example: There is no debate here on FHC about the Floyd Murder. None. Not even a hint of one. Every single poster here knows it was 100% wrong, 100% murder, and every one of us wants to see that officer burn. The day it broke, I believe I posted I wanted the Officer to get the Death Penalty.

But that is no fun, how can you show everyone how great and virtuous you are if we all agree? Clearly there must be an enemy, so we have to take some part of the 100% angry over Floyd, and make THEM the enemy.

And....here we are. Rioting vs. Peaceful Protest. The issue is forgotten, now we have a fight! Now we got our fight, now you can presume the role of the virtuous supporter.....despite there never being a disagreement on the ISSUE in the first place.
    Last edited by Alistair; June 1 2020 at 04:23:07 PM.

So like almost all of FHC's posters, you're doing absolutely nothing, despite the big talk.

Well, why would anyone even engage with you when you already know what they're going to say and make sure to tell them that in advance, and how bad they are for saying it.

I am sure Rep. Lewis, and those who think like him (and I), REALLY want a "movement that is quiet, respectful, and ineffective". Thank God we have you to tell us what we think (and hate us for it, in advance).
    Clutch Harder.

I see your point.

I'll counter with this, the voice of the Civil Rights movement in America personified (from CNN):

Few living Americans have more moral authority when it comes to confronting the forces of racial oppression than Rep. John Lewis, who was almost killed by Alabama troopers while peacefully protesting on the Edmund Pettus Bridge 55 years ago.

On Saturday, he again reminded us of the discipline that is required to ultimately triumph over injustice, stating: "I know your pain, your rage, your sense of despair and hopelessness. Justice has, indeed, been denied for far too long. Rioting, looting, and burning is not the way. Organize. Demonstrate. Sit-in. Stand-up. Vote. Be constructive, not destructive."

I choose to stand with Rep. Lewis on this one. And my own African American friends. Rioting, looting, burning down your own neighborhoods, that's not the way.

But who knows, maybe the Aea's and Kecker's of FHC know better than Rep. Lewis...
    They don't see it as their neighbourhood if you read the essay I linked above.

And anyway, if you want to quote civil rights era stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by MLK
    Urban riots must now be recognized as durable social phenomena,” he told the assembled crowd of mostly white doctors and academics. “They may be deplored, but they are there and should be understood. Urban riots are a special form of violence. They are not insurrections. The rioters are not seeking to seize territory or to attain control of institutions. They are mainly intended to shock the white community. They are a distorted form of social protest. The looting which is their principal feature serves many functions. It enables the most enraged and deprived Negro to take hold of consumer goods with the ease the white man does by using his purse. Often the Negro does not even want what he takes; he wants the experience of taking.
    Let us say boldly that if the violations of law by the white man in the slums over the years were calculated and compared with the law-breaking of a few days of riots, the hardened criminal would be the white man. These are often difficult things to say but I have come to see more and more that it is necessary to utter the truth in order to deal with the great problems that we face in our society.
    From here
    Last edited by Keckers; June 1 2020 at 04:20:26 PM.