hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 30 of 100 FirstFirst ... 20272829303132334080 ... LastLast

Thread: National Brotherhood Week (USA Civil Unrest Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Here's a question... would it be better if investigations into police misconduct were handled by an independent state/federal body rather than one recruited from in the force? Are there any barriers preventing such organisation(s) from being formed?
    Lol.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/william...-for-officers/

https://www.mediaite.com/news/nice-n...ce-protection/

Attorney General William Barr is igniting fresh controversy with comments that some see as a threat to communities of color. He was at a ceremony honoring the work of law enforcement at the Justice Department when he said communities they serve have to start showing "respect."

"They have to start showing more than they do, the respect and support that law enforcement deserves. If communities don't give that support and respect, they might find themselves without the police protection they need," Barr said.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Here's a question... would it be better if investigations into police misconduct were handled by an independent state/federal body rather than one recruited from in the force? Are there any barriers preventing such organisation(s) from being formed?
    Lol.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/william...-for-officers/

https://www.mediaite.com/news/nice-n...ce-protection/

Attorney General William Barr is igniting fresh controversy with comments that some see as a threat to communities of color. He was at a ceremony honoring the work of law enforcement at the Justice Department when he said communities they serve have to start showing "respect."

"They have to start showing more than they do, the respect and support that law enforcement deserves. If communities don't give that support and respect, they might find themselves without the police protection they need," Barr said.
    Dem' "folks" getting real uppity...

Possibly, but as it has been mentioned before, police unions are very powerful and generally fight against such oversight, plus most of those groups are staffed through the executive branch, and while previously many departments were allowed to remain largely unbiased, that is no longer the case, as the DOJ is now a trump centric organization, it's ability to do it's job (most likely it would be tasked with forming the oversight you are speaking of) is compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Saying that looting will happen when people riot is kinda a fucked up and racist mentality here, that excuses police force being used against protests, because that's what these are protests, and some people are rioting, even less are looting.
    less than a page back, i presented the argument that it ALWAYS happens, it doesn't matter where in the world you are or who it is, riots by disadvantaged groups always include looting.

so kindly take your disingenuous "u r racist" argument, and fuck off.

it happens on the rare occasions nazis manage to assemble in large enough numbers to not require law enforcement to babysit them, it happens during massed left wing protesting such as G20, it happens in Hong Kong. going "oh no, there is looting, during a RIOT! HOW TERRIBLE!" is entirely buying into shifting focus away from the cause of the riot, it's a media tactic that dates back to the industrial revolution and broadsheet newspapers and it has not changed much since.

remember all the coverage of the Hong Kong riots ? remember how the focus was always centered on their cause and suffering at the hands of the police, and not what was actually happening during the riot ? funny how that is reversed entirely here, it's almost as if it's engineered.

that, is a good picture, on a side note if you're anywhere near this sort of thing, always, always hide the faces on the pictures if you take and post any.
    wew lad, wew

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    ah, but have you figured out that the trick to effective protest is respect for the law
    well again, let's take your "argument" to the extreme again, ie. fuck the laws for an effective protest:

I'm not talking about fighting the enemy. What I'm talking is that, to continue your weak ass tongue in cheek remark, in progressive severity: looting, violence against innocents, murder, rape, etc is ok if it's in a part of an "effective protest" for a noble cause and shouldn't be punished? I mean, humans all over the world agreed on some laws for some fucking reason. You always need to have some fucking standards and behave like what you preach and all that. Taking down a tyrant does not give anyone leeway to do shit that is otherwise not allowed. Scum are scum regardless which group they belong to. Maybe I'm an idealist.

I dunno, maybe one day you'll be able to post an actual thought. See, I can "imply" things you said too.
    yeah but I wasn't making an argument though. I was posting.

Right and Stairway was written in London. That doesn’t mean it makes sense.
    It made sense to them
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Right and Stairway was written in London. That doesn’t mean it makes sense.
    It made sense to them
    What are you, a modernist?

wew lad, wew
    Point is there are always opportunists who will do it any time there is chaos. It doesn't and shouldn't take away form the point of the riot, and even if by some magical situation there is no looting the media and powers representing the oppressive majority will find a way to spin it.

So getting really upset over it is just playing into the whole shitshow really.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    wew lad, wew
    Point is there are always opportunists who will do it any time there is chaos. It doesn't and shouldn't take away form the point of the riot, and even if by some magical situation there is no looting the media and powers representing the oppressive majority will find a way to spin it.

Yeah as I said in the other point, looting vs state sanctioned murder isn't a contest for me at all. I just don't care about the looting fear mongering, and I have seen the line of riot and protest blurred to fit narratives, so there's no way I consider it true that looting ALWAYS occurs, and it's the least important part of this whole situation.

wew lad, wew

Yeah as I said in the other point, looting vs state sanctioned murder isn't a contest for me at all. I just don't care about the looting fear mongering, and I have seen the line of riot and protest blurred to fit narratives, so there's no way I consider it true that looting ALWAYS occurs, and it's the least important part of this whole situation.

wew lad, wew

Right, so why are you focusing this hard on the looting, especially responding to people who clearly say it's a byproduct and not really relevant to the bigger issue? I'm just really confused what your issue here is.

is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

From what I have read, Federal prosecutors have gotten involved. A bit too late, apparently Chauvin has like 18 prior complaints filed against him.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

If you get a group of people angry enough, they're going to riot and someone is going to have the bright idea to use it as good enough cover to do a bit of looting. A good number of people will join in against their better judgement because of mob mentality.

This always happens. Read a bit of history and it happened pretty regularly as far back as the Roman empire.

If it's not organised and sometimes even if it is, riots like this are pretty much inevitable, I don't know why people are so surprised when it happens.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow ?
    That depends.

https://www.theonion.com/protestors-...fo-1843735351/

MINNEAPOLIS—Calling for a more measured way to express opposition to police brutality, critics slammed demonstrators Thursday for recklessly looting businesses without forming a private equity firm first. “Look, we all have the right to protest, but that doesn’t mean you can just rush in and destroy any business without gathering a group of clandestine investors to purchase it at a severely reduced price and slowly bleed it to death,” said Facebook commenter Amy Mulrain, echoing the sentiments of detractors nationwide who blasted the demonstrators for not hiring a consultant group to take stock of a struggling company’s assets before plundering.

News showing that Minneapolis rioters have surrounded a police station and built a substantial fire in the entrance. Cops were inside firing tear gas at the crowd from the roof but have now vanished.

A couple of other buildings are separately on fire as well.

Fire brigade not going in.

National guard called out but not sent in (yet?)

Just another day in the 3rd world with the government unable to maintain order and gangs doing whatever they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    News showing that Minneapolis rioters have surrounded a police station and built a substantial fire in the entrance. Cops were inside firing tear gas at the crowd from the roof but have now vanished.

A couple of other buildings are separately on fire as well.

Fire brigade not going in.

National guard called out but not sent in (yet?)
    Cops abandoned the precinct; they broke out and ran, basically.

Entire building is now in flames; apparently protestors made it out with a bunch of gear and equipment before the precinct went up.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot