hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 18 of 100 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868 ... LastLast

Thread: National Brotherhood Week (USA Civil Unrest Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

YMMV.

Remind me, which utopia of a Country do you hail from Dep?
    Probably one which doesn't arbitrarily choose countries to ruin and create enormous amounts of global instability
    Oh it's not arbitrary at all. They are mostly post-colonial dictatorships trying to not slip back into tribalism without selling their country to your oil companies that you slap sanctions on to increase internal strife, then you accuse them of disrecpecting human rights at UN and there you go.
    Last edited by RazoR; May 23 2020 at 04:35:59 AM.

We also force countries to change their legal system to have constitutions, have some kind of voting system, to adopt our style of education, to have bureaucracies, corporate structures, institutions, and financial instruments acceptable to us. We also force them to conform to our moral structures to an acceptable degree, including women's rights, gay rights, minorities rights, human rights, etc.

We do a shitton of stuff to other countries, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    We also force countries to change their legal system to have constitutions, have some kind of voting system, to adopt our style of education, to have bureaucracies, corporate structures, institutions, and financial instruments acceptable to us. We also force them to conform to our moral structures to an acceptable degree, including women's rights, gay rights, minorities rights, human rights, etc.

We do a shitton of stuff to other countries, actually.
    what have the romans ever done for us.mp4

constitutions, have some kind of voting system, to adopt our style of education, to have bureaucracies, corporate structures, institutions, and financial instruments
    All of this is working out so well for you innit.

I'm not expecting iraq, syria or libya to transition to fully automatic gay space luxury communism immediately after CIA stops training terror groups while USAF bombs the only relatively legitimate power in the region but that would help.
    Last edited by RazoR; May 23 2020 at 05:15:15 AM.

Actually, it has turned out amazingly for America. Around 190 countries in the world have a constitution. 9 of 10 of the top economies in the world follow the American view of life. Shit's nuts.

Keep america great my dude.

Actually, it has turned out amazingly for America. Around 190 countries in the world have a constitution. 9 of 10 of the top economies in the world follow the American view of life. Shit's nuts.
    Having constitutions is a result of the creation of the nation state and national identities of the late 18th and 19th century, not because of anything the US has done.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Having constitutions is a result of the creation of the nation state and national identities of the late 18th and 19th century, not because of anything the US has done.

Tapapapatalk
    this. LOL @ "American view of life"
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post

Tapapapatalk
    this. LOL @ "American view of life"
    Ex-colonial, thinks his country is responsible for European culture not the other way around, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

yall would be commies under ussr dominion if not for USA!! USA saved yall from that in ww2!! ur welcom

Oh yeah well the US would be ruled by fascists if Britain hadn't actually wait nevermind
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

If you live in a dystopia you probably shouldn't be judging if elsewhere is good enough to count as a utopia.

No boxing for me until they end social distancing.
    See, that's the thing Keck. I don't live in a dystopia or a third world shithole.

We have problems, some serious, just like everyone does.

We have alot of work to do to make our country better.

But I think many of you have a VERY twisted idea of what life is like here, and a complete inability to a legit compare/contrast with your own home nations.

I'll just leave it at that, because Lief is right. If you hate the States, and it's people, and me, fine, such is life.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lief Siddhe again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    And again, being whiny cunts towards Alistair is changing gun violence or American foreign policy in the real world how again? I mean, HE LIVES THERE, and he has shown on numerous occasions he's aware of all the shit that's going on there, and you continue "opening our eyes" to something that's obvious as fucking day and at the same time blaming people for not being aware of said issues or IMPLYING SOME SHIT THAT FITS YOUR SIMPLE NARRATIVE, like you're the first person to discover water.

I mean, I feel stupid for "defending" our resident american conservative, but he's not even the point, do you see what I'm getting at? Go do something productive towards fighting racism and injustice instead of continuously impotently raging on FHC about it. Fight skinheads and lose teeth. Build temporary camps for refugees. Go on gay prides and prevent gay people being harassed by the police. Volunteer in NGO's and help monitor elections. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND STOP BEING A FUCKING ENTITLED CUNT ON THE INTERNET. I did all those things and yet until now I didn't feel the need to insult others on FHC for not doing that, but I've had it with this fucking internet point gathering and pretending who is more OUTRAGED for injustices in the world so it's my turn now. Grow up. I'd wager not many of you are actually poor, being harassed by the police on a daily basis and victims of violence, otherwise you wouldn't be here posting so fucking much but actually doing something worthwhile instead of playing videogames, working in design and shit. Life is hard. Some people are scum. More news at 11.

btw I'm from the Balkans, I guess you noticed already from my misanthropic beligerence. Part of "civilized" Europe. Just 20ish years ago we learned to accept mass death on a daily basis while the rest of the continent watched the news in their cosy homes, I saw kids indoctrinated by nationalism, we had live WAR drills in school, and I've had it with people who never went through that describe that shit to me like I never saw it and it only happens IN MURICAH. Go live in Afghanistan or some place like that to see what fucked up life is REALLY like.

And fuck off with the thinly veiled ad hominems already.

I love ya all but it's getting fucking ridiculous. We've all been locked in obviously too long. /rantoff
    Seeing Lief gatekeeping social justice.
    yeah posting memes online or whatever is definitely a super effective way to accomplish your objectives

oh wait it isn't thats why pretty much everyone on the left is ignored by those with power and capital

It's alright though, the ruling classes are becoming slightly more diverse, perhaps in part to people screeching on the internet. Yay?

edit: and not that I really expect anyone to care but I've been trying to take my own advice to heart here wrt internet slacktivism
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; May 23 2020 at 12:57:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Oh yeah well the US would be ruled by fascists if Britain hadn't actually wait nevermind
    At least you don’t have to suck the tea out of a 4 day old teabag anymore because of us...
    meh

If you live in a dystopia you probably shouldn't be judging if elsewhere is good enough to count as a utopia.

See, that's the thing Keck. I don't live in a dystopia or a third world shithole.

We have problems, some serious, just like everyone does.

We have alot of work to do to make our country better.

But I think many of you have a VERY twisted idea of what life is like here, and a complete inability to a legit compare/contrast with your own home nations.

I'll just leave it at that, because Lief is right. If you hate the States, and it's people, and me, fine, such is life.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lief Siddhe again.
    Actually, its how much perspective they all lack about how much of a shithole most of Europe is, but, you cant really expect much more, tbh.
    meh

Strong 'Murica scenes.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Tapapapatalk
    ... and you think the creation of 'nation-states' around the world has nothing to do with America? Like I said, one of the ways we meddle with other peoples is that we force them to have institutional structures that can interface with us. Like 'nation-states' as you call them.

This programme was established by the British and French, and completed by America.

And here we see the problem

Tapapapatalk
    ... and you think the creation of 'nation-states' around the world has nothing to do with America? Like I said, one of the ways we meddle with other peoples is that we force them to have institutional structures that can interface with us. Like 'nation-states' as you call them.

This programme was established by the British and French, and completed by America.
    This is amazing.

Tapapapatalk

LOL, really? I mean you seem to remember that it wasn't only the US judging by your attempt at a save by mentioning the English and French. Too bad your original post sounded like it was all the work of the Americans.

Modern constitutions were the result of enlightenment thinkers like Rousseau, Locke and Hobbes. The latter two were long dead by the time the 13 colonies revolted. Rousseau died in 1778.

Now if you had said that the French were the reason, nations had constitutions, you would have been more right than wrong.
    nevar forget

As an American, I'm not eager to talk at length about life in countries I'm not a citizen in, but life here for a vast part of the population is pretty fucking awful. The "got mine, fuck yours" crowd does pretty well though, isn't that right Alistair? As for August that is the shit we are taught when you are in school, a little drop of your own research would yield some things for you to think of, or more likely more things for you to deny the reality of.