hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 186 of 188 FirstFirst ... 86136176183184185186187188 LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 3748

Thread: Dos Dedos Mis Amigos (USA Civil Unrest Thread)

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    'covid' death as in came in hospital with fatal wounds but was tested for covid also so a covid death number like in Austria or Holland?
    Jesus christ could you lick right wing boots any harder

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    'covid' death as in came in hospital with fatal wounds but was tested for covid also so a covid death number like in Austria or Holland?
    Either way, nothing of value to the world was lost…
    meh

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    https://www.startribune.com/settleme...sts/600144577/

Settlement prohibits Minnesota State Patrol from attacking or arresting journalists

A federal judge has approved a permanent injunction prohibiting the Minnesota State Patrol from arresting or attacking journalists, which occurred when reporters documented the unrest following the police killings of George Floyd and Daunte Wright.

The injunction stems from a class-action lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota in 2020. The State Patrol and the Minnesota Department of Public Safety agreed to settle the case Tuesday. The court will monitor compliance with the injunction for the next six years, according to an order signed by U.S. District Judge Wilhelmina M. Wright.

"We firmly believe in First Amendment rights and the role of a free press in protecting society and upholding our democracy," Pari McGarraugh, an attorney with the Fredrikson & Byron law firm that represented the ACLU, said in a statement. "Providing impartial information to the public about demonstrations, protests and other conflicts between law enforcement and the public is at the heart of journalism, and the right to witness and report must be protected and upheld."

The State Patrol also is prohibited by the court order from ordering journalists to stop photographing, recording or observing a protest, making journalists disperse, or seizing or intentionally damaging photo, audio or video gear.

The stipulations also apply to other agencies working with the State Patrol.

In addition to the injunction, the settlement includes a $825,000 payout to journalists attacked and injured by the State Patrol while covering protests after Floyd's and Wright's deaths.

Part of the settlement includes the requirement that all troopers are issued body-worn cameras by June 2022, trained in treatment of media and First Amendment rights and that all officers at protests must prominently display an agency name and badge number readable from 20 feet away, according to the ACLU.

An independent review of all complaints alleging mistreatment during the Floyd and Wright protests also is required. State Patrol policy is also to be amended so that allegations of violations of First Amendment rights are considered serious misconduct, triggering an investigation and requiring a report to a supervisor, according to the ACLU.

"I hope it sends a message to law enforcement that they can't do this and I hope this protects journalists in the future from being attacked for doing their job," said journalist Ed Ou, who was attacked by the State Patrol while he was documenting the Floyd protests with his camera.

Ou and other journalists reporting on the protests were beaten with batons, teargassed, maced in the face and forced to dodge concussive grenades. Ou, who has documented civil unrest in the Middle East and Ukraine, said he hopes the order will permanently change how the State Patrol operates.

"I would much prefer we didn't have to do this and security forces didn't attack journalists," he said. "The State Patrol should respect that when we're working we know what we're doing."

The parties agreed that the settlement would not contain an admission of liability, according to the Department of Public Safety (DPS).

"The ability of journalists to cover civil unrest in our communities must be protected and encouraged," said DPS Commissioner John Harrington. "The hallmarks of this agreement are transparency, accountability and excellence in policing."

The lawsuit against the city of Minneapolis, Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo, Hennepin County Sheriff's Office and former Minneapolis police union head Bob Kroll continues.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

https://www.startribune.com/ex-brook...ght/600148428/

Ex-Brooklyn Center police officer Kimberly Potter sentenced to 2 years for killing Daunte Wright

Former Brooklyn Center police officer Kimberly Potter was sentenced Friday to two years in prison for fatally shooting Daunte Wright, a decision handed down by a judge who fought tears as she called the case the saddest of her career.

The sentence is about 3 1⁄2 times lower than the presumptive prison term — a little over seven years — recommended by state sentencing guidelines for a defendant like Potter convicted of first-degree manslaughter and with no criminal history. Hennepin County District Judge Regina Chu said the lower term was appropriate because Potter was unlikely to reoffend, was not a threat to society and because she meant to use her Taser when she fired her handgun.

"In this case, a young man was killed because officer Potter was reckless," Chu said. "There rightfully should be some accountability. ... This case is highly unusual. ... This is a cop who made a tragic mistake."

Potter, 49, is expected to be released from prison on March 24, 2023, according to the Minnesota Department of Corrections (DOC). She has been in DOC custody since jurors convicted her in December of first- and second-degree manslaughter for killing Wright, 20, during a traffic stop on April 11, 2021. Inmates in Minnesota must serve two-thirds of their time before they are eligible for supervised release for good behavior.

In a rare courthouse sight, Chu wrestled with her emotions and struggled to speak toward the end of her remarks, saying the trial was "the saddest case in my 20 years on the bench.'' Wright's mother, Katie Wright, who has also identified herself as Katie Bryant, later criticized the judge, noting that Chu did not react to a victim-impact statement she gave at the hearing.

"Kim Potter murdered my son," Katie Wright said afterward. "Today the justice system murdered him all over again."

Wright's family also rejected tearful statements Potter made to them and the court before she was sentenced.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    2 years for doing something indescribably stupid and very obviously a risk to life and killing someone..... meanwhile people who DUI and kill someone get a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    2 years for doing something indescribably stupid and very obviously a risk to life and killing someone..... meanwhile people who DUI and kill someone get a decade.
    Not if they're police officers
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Woman who sued Tennessee sheriff for forcibly baptizing her is found dead: https://www.rawstory.com/shandele-riley/

Last week, a civil rights lawsuit against a former Tennessee sheriff's deputy was approved by a U.S. District Court judge. The lawsuit accuses the deputy of baptizing a woman against her will during a 2019 traffic stop. Now the woman who brought the lawsuit has been found dead, News9 reports.

Hamilton County deputies found the body of 42-year-old Shandele Marie Riley at a home on Log Cabin Lane. The cause of death is still unknown and an autopsy is yet to be conducted.

Former deputy Daniel Wilkey, was indicted in 2019 on 44 charges including rape, assault, and official oppression after he pulled over Riley and during the course of the traffic stop found her to be in possession of marijuana and placed her under arrest. After he placed her in handcuffs, Riley says Wilkey inappropriately touched her crotch.

"Wilkey and Riley next discussed religion. They spoke for another thirty minutes, and another deputy, Tyler McRae, left sometime during this conversation. Riley testified that Wilkey asked her whether she had been baptized. She responded with concern that she may not be ready. But, according to Riley’s testimony, Wilkey told her 'God [was] talking to him' and assured her that, if she got baptized, he would only write her a citation and she would be free to go about her business," the judge's ruling explains. "According to Riley, Wilkey also indicated that he would speak at court on her behalf if she agreed. Riley decided to go along with this plan because she '[did not] want to go to jail.' She also 'thought [Wilkey] was a God-fearing, church-like man who saw something . . . in [her], that God talked to him,' and testified that 'it felt good to believe that for a minute.'"

Hamilton County District Attorney Neal Pinkston has requested the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation investigate Riley's death.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Only in 'murica.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

America: Where we Seem to Want at Least One Mass Shooting a Day, Every Day, in Perpetuity

Militarized police too timid to do their jobs: https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...0-0e0707d6386e

Police: Homeless camp ‘too hostile’ to immediately retrieve man’s stolen trailer

MINNEAPOLIS — A local electrician says someone stole his trailer that was full of tools costing upwards of $20,000.

Jerry Yang also says he knows where it is and yet, he can't get to it.

Yang is asking the Minneapolis Police Department and the city for help because his business is his livelihood.

Yang has worked as an electrician for 12 years and recently started his own business. He has a marked truck and a black trailer that he discovered missing on Monday.

"I got to the job site around 6:30 in the morning and the trailer was gone," said Yang. "My heart just basically dropped."

Yang said it had been stolen from outside a job site in north Minneapolis, but in a bizarre twist, he was able to find it again about a half-mile away.

He was led to what's called the "Near North" homeless encampment, thanks to a tracking device he installed in it. But even after filing a report, he says Minneapolis Police can't help him get the trailer back just yet.

"They warn you not to go into it, basically saying it's a high crime area," said Yang. "I wish they could put a little more pressure on it."

The camp sits on city property and has been around a couple years. It has been served eviction notices in the past, but on Monday a police spokesperson said officers were attacked.

A new eviction notice is now posted and dated the end of June.

"The criminals there know that they can walk away and do whatever they want and know the cops aren't going to enforce the law in that area," said Yang. "It just makes me feel helpless and people in the community feel helpless."

That same police spokesperson says, "It's not that we're unwilling to help, we just have to find the right time and circumstances to do it. He added that officers have to "be creative and get the job done with the least amount of force."

Both police and Yang recognize that the risk right now may be too much.

"Even if I was to retrieve it back, I'm pretty sure everything is gone," said Yang, who's hopeful insurance will cover his losses.

Police also admit this is not a perfect solution and that they're working to clear out the encampment, but have to follow certain requirements that include making resources available to the people there.

Because cops can't avoid being terrible examples of humanity:

Harris County sergeant loses job as Little League coach after viral video shows him shoving players: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/nei...o-17299334.php

A Harris County sergeant and Little League baseball coach lost his coaching duties Sunday morning after a video of him shoving opposing players after a loss went viral.

The incident happened Saturday, shortly after former head coach Kenneth Wendt and his Scorpions Team Easton (Red) lost to Prospects Baseball in Spring Branch. Wendt also works as a sergeant for Harris County Precinct 5.

In the video, which was captured by a Prospect parent, Wendt can be seen in brown khaki shorts as he shoulder-checks an opposing player during the high-five line. Prospect players can later be heard saying "ow," "I got hit right in the head," and "that coach pulled me back."
    Last edited by Nordstern; July 14 2022 at 04:54:10 AM.

should of aimed for the head, also for the rest of the cops heads

Much as I agree with her, you can't just shoot someone to punish them.
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cr...qem-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Stormus View Post
    Much as I agree with her, you can't just shoot someone to punish them.
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cr...qem-story.html
    cops do it to innocents and ignore it when their own molest kids but sure, obey the law citizen!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Because cops can't avoid being terrible examples of humanity:

That one is disputed, apparently he had his wife in there and was stopped from going in and removed from the scene. She bled out.
    I have not looked but have not seen anything new on it (go viral) after that was reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Mad Max Brazil

https://twitter.com/bradleymain17/st...63058424209408

Spoiler:

On the downside: Just wondering how many innocent people just asking for the way get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Mad Max Brazil

Spoiler:

On the downside: Just wondering how many innocent people just asking for the way get killed.
    What in the ever loving fuck...

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Mad Max Brazil

Spoiler:

What in the ever loving fuck...
    Holy quackers
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic