hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 162 of 164 FirstFirst ... 62112152159160161162163164 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3263

Thread: Dos Dedos Mis Amigos (USA Civil Unrest Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    It’s almost as if oppressive groups employ representatives of the groups they oppress to provide cover for their oppressiveness.
    So you're saying she is a race-traitor Uncle Tom then.

Of course you are.
    I don’t believe in “race treason.”

Also don’t think she’s an “Uncle Tom,” and not even sure that’s a useful analogy.

In fact my comment has nothing to do with her, and everything to do with other people who say things like “a black police chief can’t be racist/enforce racist policies” or “The GOP isn’t racist because some black people vote GOP.”

In other words, tokenism has less to do with the token, more to do with the people holding up the token as a bad faith, false, or exaggerated example of inclusiveness.

Edit: didn’t you say you were gonna not post until after the election?
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; October 30 2020 at 10:52:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It’s almost as if oppressive groups employ representatives of the groups they oppress to provide cover for their oppressiveness.

Of course you are.
    Class traitor too.
    Police officers are not part of the working class, mate. You know this.

She’s a praetor, not a prole.

We'll be holding tomorrow your tribunal for straying from party's official interpretation of comrade Marx.

Prepare written apology in 5 copies comrade.

Alistair in creating arguments out of thin air as usual, if he wanted to say that he would of, you can't argue for Danielle Outlaw being anything decent so you are just yelling "you said mean thing!" Just because she's not that Hitler wannabe advocating for warehousing criminals then selling the buildings to Amazon doesn't mean she's not a terrible person in a terrible system. The police here are also never all that helpful. I almost got mugged when I was bringing my tools to work and someone tried to steal my heavy box, and I tripped them. Dude ran out the car then bolted straight into the SEPTA cops, and their behavior not only did nothing to help, but took them a fucking half hour to get on my way to work that day. They threw this dude into a wall and then put him on a filthy pass filled floor. They got suspicious of me because I said I just wanted him to get help. Fuck the US police force, the laws are not designed to protect and serve here. They are here to guard property, and to guard wealth. I want a good police force, and a better system. Defense of the current one is illogical and in my opinion, stupid and immoral.

You can now proceed to say I'm a idiot that wants anarchy or some such nonsense, but the reason you and Lief are getting shit forbl defending anything about cops, is largely due to silence on issues with people here supporting them, and hyperbolic statements about anyone justifiably frustrated with police and not willing to wait for a nice civil resolution to a violent vile problem.

Of course you are.

Also don’t think she’s an “Uncle Tom,” and not even sure that’s a useful analogy.

In fact my comment has nothing to do with her, and everything to do with other people who say things like “a black police chief can’t be racist/enforce racist policies” or “The GOP isn’t racist because some black people vote GOP.”

In other words, tokenism has less to do with the token, more to do with the people holding up the token as a bad faith, false, or exaggerated example of inclusiveness.

I figured you'd shy away from the term.

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, since you are an immigrant and maybe not as familiar with the use of the term, and let you know that the term "Uncle Tom" is "used to negatively describe a person who betrays their own group by participating in its oppression, whether or not they do so willingly."

So yeah mate, you called her an Uncle Tom and just used the more full definition instead of the term itself to do so.

Edit: I took a few days, and came back. Is that relevant, or are you just bringing it up because you don't like it being pointed out that you (presumably a white man) were describing a black woman as an Uncle Tom?

Of course you are.

Black people can help perpetuate racist systems that oppress other black people. Why is this a hard concept for people.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Of course you are.

Black people can help perpetuate racist systems that oppress other black people. Why is this a hard concept for people.
    It's like if someone said whites killing whites isn't ok to point out of you are black. If a black police officer fires a gun and kills an unarmed black man and you call it out you arent calling him an Uncle Tom ffs

Police officers are not part of the working class, mate. You know this.

She’s a praetor, not a prole.
    She want born a praetor
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Of course you are.

Because people don't have an understanding of society which analysts power structures.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

tonight, we're going to Vancouver WA, for a virgil for this guy.

apparently he was threateningly holding a phone.

Last edited by Liare; October 31 2020 at 01:14:36 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I was for a moment confused and thought you meant Vancouver, BC. Instead you meant Vancouver, WA, a much much smaller town.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I was for a moment confused and thought you meant Vancouver, BC. Instead you meant Vancouver, WA, a much much smaller town.

Tapapapatalk
    fair point, added the distinction to the post.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Tapapapatalk
    fair point, added the distinction to the post.
    This is a common point of confusion.

Vancouver WA is basically a Portland suburb.

Viking, n.:

[tweet]1322546782572859395[weet]
    casually harassing the opposing campaign, including ramming their vehicles
    Remember we're supposed to be nice an civil with these "people"

Depending on where you get news this never happened, which is why I think so much of this isn't apparent to people not living here. It's happening everywhere, if Trump wins, they have license to do it more, if he loses they will flip the fuck out and it will be a nightmare. Cops don't do much or aid them. What part of this isn't clear to the centrist idealist factions in the US and elsewhere that these issues are already dangerous and lying down and taking them is fucking suicide and ensured oppression for people already oppressed?

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    do not do the dehumanising thing, it goes dark dark places.
    maybe you're doing it as a jest, i hope so, but what we joke about gradually gets normalized.

they're wrong, but still people.
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    do not do the dehumanising thing, it goes dark dark places.
    maybe you're doing it as a jest, i hope so, but what we joke about gradually gets normalized.

they're wrong, but still people.
    Ok they're people. What's your solution for this situation, given the authorities don't appear to care?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormus View Post
    Ok they're people. What's your solution for this situation, given the authorities don't appear to care?
    the authorities care, they're actively endorsing what's going on by choosing to not step in.
    if they where indifferent they would be at least trying to create the impression of equal enforcement, rather than nazi-jackboot for the left and deafening silence for the right.

the time to actually stop this was 10-15 years ago when the first creaking sounds of failure started to come from the social structure, now all you can do is ride it out and see what happens. that means organise locally, think nationally and hope Biden wins so you get another 4 years to get your shit in order.
    Viking, n.:

the authorities care, they're actively endorsing what's going on by choosing to not step in.
    if they where indifferent they would be at least trying to create the impression of equal enforcement, rather than nazi-jackboot for the left and deafening silence for the right.

the time to actually stop this was 10-15 years ago when the first creaking sounds of failure started to come from the social structure, now all you can do is ride it out and see what happens. that means organise locally, think nationally and hope Biden wins so you get another 4 years to get your shit in order.
    That's fair enough. We should have done something 10-15 years ago, when the majority of the people being adversely affected were in their late teens and unable to drive, let alone vote. How do you propose "riding out" this specific scenario, namely a presidential candidate being attacked by supporters from the other side and what appears to be a corrupt police force actively suppressing voters.

What SPECIFIC measures should we take RIGHT NOW in this situation?

That's fair enough. We should have done something 10-15 years ago, when the majority of the people being adversely affected were in their late teens and unable to drive, let alone vote. How do you propose "riding out" this specific scenario, namely a presidential candidate being attacked by supporters from the other side and what appears to be a corrupt police force actively suppressing voters.
    it's almost as if there is such a thing as a society and shared responsibility despite decades of ideology claiming this to be patently false.

What SPECIFIC measures should we take RIGHT NOW in this situation?
    stockpiling food, preferably durable such as canned food, for a couple of days would be prudent, even if your local area is not affected the major logistical hubs are usually in cities that are in turn going to see unrest to some extend. people panic-emptying the local wallmart is going to be more of a nuisance than any sort of logistics disturbance short term but it's always sensible to have a stockpile of canned foods handy and doing it now lets you beat the price gouging, from there, well it's anybody's guess.

i would expect the ongoing spiral of violence to accelerate rapidly, but so much depends on the election result and how the candidates behave, as well as who you are, where you stand politically and so forth.

rule of thumb, if you're left of soc-dem or any sort of marginalized minority you're gonna get fucked no matter what happens.
    Last edited by Liare; November 1 2020 at 02:01:09 AM.
    Viking, n.: