hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 161 of 164 FirstFirst ... 61111151158159160161162163164 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 3263

Thread: Dos Dedos Mis Amigos (USA Civil Unrest Thread)

Police are out all over the place in Philly, had to ride to Center City today, they are there, were nothing has happened, in force and guarding all the precious retail stores. Mean while they are non existent in South Philadelphia, and probably deployed all over the previously looted areas. My friend on the other side of South Philadelphia has a neighbor staying with her, the police didn't respond and won't respond to her apartment being broken into. Always nice when they guard shit in a expensive area and ignore the people that are already experiencing crime. I talked to a few neighbors and they said they planned on going to a few protests, which surprised me, they are older black people that have lived here a long time. Our house and there houses are the few left on the street that aren't new cookie cutter 3 unit buildings. They were supportive of the June/July protests but felt tired by it all, now they said they just feel angry.

Will let ya know what happens, the NG being deployed is a fucking joke. They weren't deployed for the roving gangs of fat white boys, they are here to protect fucking department stores.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Do you want to protect your tax base to fund the police so you don't get voted out of office? Because this is how you do that.

I'm not defending the police here, mind you. But I hope the protests do result in something good happening.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Police are out all over the place in Philly, had to ride to Center City today, they are there, were nothing has happened, in force and guarding all the precious retail stores. Mean while they are non existent in South Philadelphia, and probably deployed all over the previously looted areas. My friend on the other side of South Philadelphia has a neighbor staying with her, the police didn't respond and won't respond to her apartment being broken into. Always nice when they guard shit in a expensive area and ignore the people that are already experiencing crime. I talked to a few neighbors and they said they planned on going to a few protests, which surprised me, they are older black people that have lived here a long time. Our house and there houses are the few left on the street that aren't new cookie cutter 3 unit buildings. They were supportive of the June/July protests but felt tired by it all, now they said they just feel angry.

Will let ya know what happens, the NG being deployed is a fucking joke. They weren't deployed for the roving gangs of fat white boys, they are here to protect fucking department stores.
    Do you think your Police Commissioner is racist? It certainly seems that you think the Dept. is racist, but what about it's leadership?

Or would you say this is a pure class-based issue, separate from race?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Do you think your Police Commissioner is racist? It certainly seems that you think the Dept. is racist, but what about it's leadership?

A better question would be how you possibly think they aren't racist...
    meh

She had a deal with white supremacist's in portland and here now. Shes scum and hopefully dies a painful death quite soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

She had a deal with white supremacist's in portland and here now. Shes scum and hopefully dies a painful death quite soon.
    Oh god you inherited the old head of the PPB. Wew.

Outlaw is a cop, she's part of a rascist system. She has done some work, mostly PR, to improve the image of the depth, but little to change its core. Think of her as enabling it, much like Daniel Cameron. It's not like there aren't black people that haven't hurt other black people. No race is some monolith. As also said she's got history, and things here haven't been good for a long time for black people. It is class based, rarely do you see a poor black person saying "i love cops so much".

Outlaw is a cop, she's part of a rascist system. She has done some work, mostly PR, to improve the image of the depth, but little to change its core. Think of her as enabling it, much like Daniel Cameron. It's not like there aren't black people that haven't hurt other black people. No race is some monolith. As also said she's got history, and things here haven't been good for a long time for black people. It is class based, rarely do you see a poor black person saying "i love cops so much".
    When they're stopping you, no one says "I love cops". When they help you, they do. /shrug

And sure, I get your point above, but then again, a system politically led by Democrats, and led by an African American with a large population of African American officers seems unlikely to be driven primarily by racism in my opinion.

I'd certainly like to hear more about her "deals with White Supremacists", that seems, maybe a bit hyperbole, but who knows.

Classism tho, I can buy that argument all day long in terms of police abuse. Sadly, that often looks like racism too, given the nature of the U.S. socioeconomic state.

How many people actually get helped by cops lol

I've never had police in the UK be useful after being a victim of crime. Had my picture taken by them while at protests a lot though.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

[IMG]https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/03/19/02/26146708-8128823-Philadelphia_Police_Commissioner_Danielle_Outlaw_h as_ordered_pol-a-2_1584586200034.jpg[\MG]
    Your point?

Your point?
    Maybe she's been judging people by the content of their character rather than the colour of their skin all along...

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

[IMG]https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/03/19/02/26146708-8128823-Philadelphia_Police_Commissioner_Danielle_Outlaw_h as_ordered_pol-a-2_1584586200034.jpg[IMG]
    Your point?
    Maybe she's been judging people by the content of their character rather than the colour of their skin all along...

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

Your point?
    Maybe she's being judged the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

It’s almost as if oppressive groups employ representatives of the groups they oppress to provide cover for their oppressiveness.

Meanwhile:

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philad...-20201028.html

Rice’s video appears to show at least two officers bashing in the windows and then one officer repeatedly hitting the driver with a baton. Officers then pull a second adult out of the vehicle, and then seconds later appeared to remove the child from the backseat.

An Inquirer photographer captured an image of police holding a young boy at the scene at the same time, and a freelance photographer captured another image of police pulling that child out of the vehicle that was bashed.
    On Wednesday, the National Fraternal Order of Police posted another image on Facebook and Twitter of a Philadelphia police officer holding the same child, writing in a caption: “This child was lost during the violent riots in Philadelphia, wandering around barefoot in an area that was experiencing complete lawlessness. The only thing this Philadelphia police officer cared about in that moment was protecting this child.”

The Inquirer reached out to the FOP about the posts and requested a comment. Thirty minutes later, the posts had been deleted. The FOP did not respond to a follow-up.

Despicable police work is despicable. And as often is the case, it's usually someone completely random and unrelated that gets fucked over in riots.

Speaking of which, other than that weak ass Trump order, has there been any serious civil action/organization in forming some sort of police oversight committees in this whole year?
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Don’t think so, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    It’s almost as if oppressive groups employ representatives of the groups they oppress to provide cover for their oppressiveness.
    So you're saying she is a race-traitor Uncle Tom then.

Of course you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    So you're saying she is a race-traitor Uncle Tom then.

Of course you are.
    Class traitor too.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.