hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 178 of 186 FirstFirst ... 78128168175176177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 3709

Thread: Dos Dedos Mis Amigos (USA Civil Unrest Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Police arriving at the home encountered several people on the front lawn of a house where the female youth, seen brandishing what appeared to be knife, was charging toward another female who fell backwards, the video showed.
    According to the article it sounds like the cop shot the girl while she was actually trying to stab someone. (If true) that seems like a decent reason to use a gun.
    yeah I don't buy this one

There's lots of knives and stabbings in other parts of the world where police don't instinctively react to the problem by mag dumping someone
    here it is

Am I crazy or did that cop shoot her in the back?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormus View Post
      Spoiler:
    Police arriving at the home encountered several people on the front lawn of a house where the female youth, seen brandishing what appeared to be knife, was charging toward another female who fell backwards, the video showed.
    According to the article it sounds like the cop shot the girl while she was actually trying to stab someone. (If true) that seems like a decent reason to use a gun.

There's lots of knives and stabbings in other parts of the world where police don't instinctively react to the problem by mag dumping someone

here it is

She was about to stab a person after throwing another on the ground and they literally have just arrived. As far as american coppery goes that was solid, unless you wanted the rose girl stabbed?
    Last edited by RazoR; April 22 2021 at 04:28:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormus View Post
      Spoiler:

here it is

She was about to stab a person after throwing another on the ground and they literally have just arrived. As far as american coppery goes that was solid, unless you wanted the rose girl stabbed?
    Yep, I see it now. Thanks.

We have cops at our school to do de-escalation training with students and stuff. The sessions are whole day things and they always include a Q&A part because students are genuinely curious about a lot of things police related.

One of the answers that stood out was related to whether someone had ever drawn a gun on the cop. While he said that this had happened, he was always way more vary of people with knives. Gun shot wounds are easier to deal with, getting shot is less likely even if the criminals have guns and knife wounds are more often deadly than not.

Watching that video, German police would have shot as well. There was an incident a few years ago where a person charged a police officer with a knife. That person was shot by the cop.

That doesn't exonerate the American police system from being flawed to its core.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Gun shot wounds are easier to deal with, getting shot is less likely even if the criminals have guns and knife wounds are more often deadly than not.
    He may have told you this but it's actually abject nonsense. Mortality associated with stab wounds is less than 4%, with 85% of stab wounds not even piercing subcutaneous tissue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stab_w...neous%20tissue.

Mortality associated with gun wounds is closer to 20%.

It takes a surprising amount of force to get a good stabbing. It's an extraordinarily violent way to kill someone compared to pulling a trigger.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It takes a surprising amount of force to get a good stabbing. It's an extraordinarily violent way to kill someone compared to pulling a trigger.
    It's all academic. If I were to see someone actively attempting to stab someone else/me I'm not going to expend any time evaluating my options and the force that the aggressor is using; I'd be using the most effective tool at my disposal to stop that threat.
    http://puu.sh/kTSQD/2e39d12cac.png
    http://i.imgur.com/AfHQMwR.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/sQRclby.png

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    It's all academic. If I were to see someone actively attempting to stab someone else/me I'm not going to expend any time evaluating my options and the force that the aggressor is using; I'd be using the most effective tool at my disposal to stop that threat.
    And this is the precise problem with the police in the United States.

This young woman (15 or 16 as initially reported) was at her foster home, being bullied by other girls several years older than her. The decedent is literally the one who called 911 while being bullied/threatened with a knife.
    Without going into all the semantics about brain maturity and etc, literal murderers not being tried as adults, fight of flight instincts by those cornered by an agressive pack, and so on.
    When the only tool you have is a gun, suddenly every citizen becomes a threat in need of a bullet.

Police in the US have no critical thinking skills, proven by the way they will roll up on a scene and unload their weapon into whomever happens to be in harms way.
    Keep in mind the video is not the complete footage. Now imagine a handful of calculating women, all full of hatred for this 16 year old, that are setting he up for 'suicide via cop' while making it look like an open and shut case of
    legitimate 'following protocol' weapon discharge. They hear the victim call 911. They conveniently drop the knife somewhere accessible for the distressed victim to pick it up and lunge at their oppressors right as the police show up,
    ensuring her demise. And she follows suit, being out of her mind unable to cope with the situation, paying with her life via this unfair setup.

You might agree or disagree with this premise, but a large segment of the population of the United States are done with police playing executioner before the victim has seen a judge and a jury. There is clear evidence of double standard. where some are shot for doing everything correctly yet being unable to appease the officer, and others are given water and encouragement while standing armed covered in the blood of their victim. Improper and lack of training creates a mentality were every time an officer enters a scene, they are already premeditated to kill, they are looking for an excuse; this is the training because it is an us vs them mentality, they are already in fight or flight.

And Lark, I'm sure that you are confident that when your time in the spotlight with the police comes, you will be safe because they will see you as one of them, and not feel threatened for their life looking for an excuse.
    The same way SARS-CoV-2 won't affect those with lamb's blood on their doors.

Back to a more upbeat subject; violence in #murica. This one has an extra fucked up plot twist.

Virginia Man Shot by Sheriff's Deputy After Calling 911 for Help

Isaiah Brown, 32, is in intensive care with 10 bullet wounds after being shot outside his home in Spotsylvania County early Wednesday, his family says.
    [...]
    A Virginia man was shot multiple times by a sheriff’s deputy after the deputy gave him a ride home, left and then was called back to the man’s home for help.
    https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-help/2649178/

Fucking shot the guy he just helped get home wtf.

#murica

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Closing this thread until I have cleaned up all the OT horseshit

Edit: Reopened. Don't pollute this thread with your racist pet theories again, keep it civil and on topic. Temp bans will be handed out if you find this too hard to follow

As usual, you can bring up your concerns RE moderation in the stickied moderation thread (not here)
    Last edited by helgur; April 24 2021 at 10:19:22 AM.

Back to a more upbeat subject; violence in #murica. This one has an extra fucked up plot twist.

Virginia Man Shot by Sheriff's Deputy After Calling 911 for Help

Isaiah Brown, 32, is in intensive care with 10 bullet wounds after being shot outside his home in Spotsylvania County early Wednesday, his family says.
    [...]
    A Virginia man was shot multiple times by a sheriff’s deputy after the deputy gave him a ride home, left and then was called back to the man’s home for help.
    https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-help/2649178/

Fucking shot the guy he just helped get home wtf.

#murica
    What a bad little apple

One of the answers that stood out was related to whether someone had ever drawn a gun on the cop. While he said that this had happened, he was always way more vary of people with knives. Gun shot wounds are easier to deal with, getting shot is less likely even if the criminals have guns and knife wounds are more often deadly than not.
    What most people don't realize: hitting someone with a gun isn't as easy as Hollywood makes it appear. I remember my only military retraining (Wehrübung). I actually managed to completely miss the target with a pistol 2 out of 10 times. And that was a static target, less then 20 meters away and I had the time to aim.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    What most people don't realize: hitting someone with a gun isn't as easy as Hollywood makes it appear. I remember my only military retraining (Wehrübung). I actually managed to completely miss the target with a pistol 2 out of 10 times. And that was a static target, less then 20 meters away and I had the time to aim.
    Good job it's not easy to get a gun where you can just point in a general direction of people and hold the trigger down

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Impressive, that made me feel good about my marksmanship.

Have you considered a career in law enforcement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

He didn't respond with the dumbest possible answer and willingness to kill whoever was in front of him, he wouldn't be accepted, morons and mentally unwell individuals only please.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Welcome to the club. Altho I think you're actually worse than me even. Which until now I thought you would need a doctor certification of being legally blind to achieve that level of badness.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Welcome to the club. Altho I think you're actually worse than me even. Which until now I thought you would need a doctor certification of being legally blind to achieve that level of badness.
    after watching you antistasi, i can confirm this.

disclaimer : i am worse.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Proxy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    And this is the precise problem with the police in the United States.

This young woman (15 or 16 as initially reported) was at her foster home, being bullied by other girls several years older than her. The decedent is literally the one who called 911 while being bullied/threatened with a knife.
    Without going into all the semantics about brain maturity and etc, literal murderers not being tried as adults, fight of flight instincts by those cornered by an agressive pack, and so on.
    When the only tool you have is a gun, suddenly every citizen becomes a threat in need of a bullet.

Police in the US have no critical thinking skills, proven by the way they will roll up on a scene and unload their weapon into whomever happens to be in harms way.
    Keep in mind the video is not the complete footage. Now imagine a handful of calculating women, all full of hatred for this 16 year old, that are setting he up for 'suicide via cop' while making it look like an open and shut case of
    legitimate 'following protocol' weapon discharge. They hear the victim call 911. They conveniently drop the knife somewhere accessible for the distressed victim to pick it up and lunge at their oppressors right as the police show up,
    ensuring her demise. And she follows suit, being out of her mind unable to cope with the situation, paying with her life via this unfair setup.

You might agree or disagree with this premise, but a large segment of the population of the United States are done with police playing executioner before the victim has seen a judge and a jury. There is clear evidence of double standard. where some are shot for doing everything correctly yet being unable to appease the officer, and others are given water and encouragement while standing armed covered in the blood of their victim. Improper and lack of training creates a mentality were every time an officer enters a scene, they are already premeditated to kill, they are looking for an excuse; this is the training because it is an us vs them mentality, they are already in fight or flight.

And Lark, I'm sure that you are confident that when your time in the spotlight with the police comes, you will be safe because they will see you as one of them, and not feel threatened for their life looking for an excuse.
    The same way SARS-CoV-2 won't affect those with lamb's blood on their doors.
    If true I don't disagree with your statements re: the setup of the turn of events, by the time it got to that point a lot of agencies would have failed in their duty of care to the individual who was killed. Having watched the bodycam footage I'm not going to second guess the police officer for their actions. If the officer involved hadn't acted the way they did the likely outcome would have been no news story and another black on black or black on cop 'statistic'.
    http://puu.sh/kTSQD/2e39d12cac.png
    http://i.imgur.com/AfHQMwR.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/sQRclby.png

Hope you got your eyes looked at