hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: [TMA] Denmark and bicycles

[TMA] Denmark and bicycles

I plan on visiting Denmark in september and I need to know couple of things. So I ask you, my fellow shitposters:

1) Can you ride a bike over the bridges connecting various islands? I'm mainly interested in Sjaelland -> Lolland -> Mon. If not, how are you supposed to get around on bike between them?
    2) Can you camp in tent where you want or is it verbotten and must use designated campsites?
    3) How's the weather in september?

Thx.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Yes
    That answers all of my questions, I'm ready for the trip.

Yes
    In September weather should be entering Fall so it can probably shift from year to year. (from +5 -> +20 is my guess)

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Yes
    In September weather should be entering Fall so it can probably shift from year to year. (from +5 -> +20 is my guess)
    How's the rain?

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Yes
    How's the rain?
    moist

There's no right to roam in Denmark, you'll need permission from the landowner, use a campsite or a designated spot to pitch your tent.

September can be anything from glorious balmy summerdays to days when it rains sideways making you long for the grave.

I plan on visiting Denmark in september and I need to know couple of things. So I ask you, my fellow shitposters:

1) Can you ride a bike over the bridges connecting various islands? I'm mainly interested in Sjaelland -> Lolland -> Mon. If not, how are you supposed to get around on bike between them?
    There is a bridge that you can cycle across to Lolland (the Storstrom Bridge) but apart from that you have to go by train or ferry if you want take your bike across the straits between the islands.

2) Can you camp in tent where you want or is it verbotten and must use designated campsites?
    Don't know shit about camping but I'd imagine that camping like a hobo is against the rules in Denmark.

Not amazing. Prepare for rain. You can get some raincoats/raintrousers at Bilka or something if you need them.

Thx.
    Mate, the last time I was in Denmark was 32 years ago, but Youth Hostels were pretty good there, cheap and the only YHs in Europe with beer. I think that camping September is a fucking masochistic thing to do, because it's Denmark, where it rains a lot the whole year and in Autumn it gets worse.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Classic polish Triathlon scenes - to the first border on foot, to destination on bicycle and home in a car
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Ok, thx for info guys. Picture is clearer now. Storstrom Bridge is exactly the thing I was hoping for.

Cheers!

Thx.
    1) its Sjælland, Lolland, Møn you fucking savage, also Storstrøms and Guldborgsund allows you to bike across, but Øresund does not, rule of thumb, if there's a railway connection, you're expected to use it.
    2) verboten outside designated camping areas, go to sweden for that fucking hippie.
    3) it's fall in Scandinavia ? what do you think ? in all honesty it could be anywhere between "it's still summer" and "holyee shit, is this Siberia?!?" at that time of year, also expect rain.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

What about the Queen Alexandrine bridge between Sjaelland () and Mon ()? I see pavement there.

What about the Queen Alexandrine bridge between Sjaelland () and Mon ()? I see pavement there.
    Well tbh nothing is really stopping you from taking the bike over in the Car lane? At least in Sweden a Bike is considered a vehicle and are allowed in traffic lanes. If its a "dangerous" road one might not want to, but thats another matter.

Huh. I guess.

I'm really overthinking this, am I.

yes, you can bike on that as well, notice the lack of rail-link ?

Well tbh nothing is really stopping you from taking the bike over in the Car lane? At least in Sweden a Bike is considered a vehicle and are allowed in traffic lanes. If its a "dangerous" road one might not want to, but thats another matter.
    this is a fine way to get a enormous fine meight.

you're not allowed to take your bike onto any sort of motorway link and a a chunk of "main route" both in terms of bridges and tunnels connections are off-limits to non-motor vehicles as well.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Top. Thx mate.