hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84

Thread: Doom : Eternal

  1. #61
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I'm put off by the presence of denuvo, cockroach of the gaming world and the ridiculous price of the season pass.

    But looks good. I'm torn.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rip and fucking tear lad.

    Sent from my Potato using my fingers

  2. #62
    Ski Boot Fortior's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,900
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I'm put off by the presence of denuvo, cockroach of the gaming world and the ridiculous price of the season pass.

    But looks good. I'm torn.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rip and fucking tear lad.

    Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    UNTIL IT IS DONE.
    Real men pvp in barges.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

  3. #63
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I'm put off by the presence of denuvo, cockroach of the gaming world and the ridiculous price of the season pass.

    But looks good. I'm torn.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rip and fucking tear lad.

    Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    UNTIL IT IS DONE.
    Really easy to pirate though so.. self solving problem for Cosmin


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  4. #64
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    22,990
    >game literally ships with a completely drm free launcher
    >whines about denuvo
    >is cosmin

    MI8m8

  5. #65
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    >game literally ships with a completely drm free launcher
    >whines about denuvo
    >is cosmin

    MI8m8
    'xcuse me for actually paying for my games, I wasn't aware the version you pay 75 quid for on Steam comes with a DRM-free launcher hurr durr.

    Yeah, could pirate it, but that only proves the point paying customers get shafted for... paying for the game.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  6. #66
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    17,260
    It's a great game, well worth the money


    Waaaaaahhhhhh nerds
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

  7. #67

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    >game literally ships with a completely drm free launcher
    >whines about denuvo
    >is cosmin

    MI8m8
    'xcuse me for actually paying for my games, I wasn't aware the version you pay 75 quid for on Steam comes with a DRM-free launcher hurr durr.

    Yeah, could pirate it, but that only proves the point paying customers get shafted for... paying for the game.
    Groan.

    You do realize most of the denuvo whining is complete baseless bullshit right?

  8. #68
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,442
    Things I care about: Does the game boot up. If the answer is yes then I don't give a fuck what anti piracy shit they put in.

  9. #69
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    >game literally ships with a completely drm free launcher
    >whines about denuvo
    >is cosmin

    MI8m8
    'xcuse me for actually paying for my games, I wasn't aware the version you pay 75 quid for on Steam comes with a DRM-free launcher hurr durr.

    Yeah, could pirate it, but that only proves the point paying customers get shafted for... paying for the game.
    Groan.

    You do realize most of the denuvo whining is complete baseless bullshit right?
    It takes 90% of the size of the exe file.
    It can prevent you from running it (happened with my Monster Hunter World, conflicted with Riva Tuner server but it didn't with other Denuvo games, it was Denuvo in this case because the game wouldn't even start).
    It has a non negligible impact on performance - proved several times over.

    Yeah I realise most whining is baseless, but the above shafted me more than once so I still am allowed to not give them monies I think


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  10. #70
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    17,260
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Things I care about: Does the game boot up. If the answer is yes then I don't give a fuck what anti piracy shit they put in.
    .

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

  11. #71
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    >game literally ships with a completely drm free launcher
    >whines about denuvo
    >is cosmin

    MI8m8
    'xcuse me for actually paying for my games, I wasn't aware the version you pay 75 quid for on Steam comes with a DRM-free launcher hurr durr.

    Yeah, could pirate it, but that only proves the point paying customers get shafted for... paying for the game.
    Groan.

    You do realize most of the denuvo whining is complete baseless bullshit right?
    It takes 90% of the size of the exe file.
    It can prevent you from running it (happened with my Monster Hunter World, conflicted with Riva Tuner server but it didn't with other Denuvo games, it was Denuvo in this case because the game wouldn't even start).
    It has a non negligible impact on performance - proved several times over.

    Yeah I realise most whining is baseless, but the above shafted me more than once so I still am allowed to not give them monies I think


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    oh shut up cosmin

  12. #72
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,946
    He's right tho, in MH:W case denuvo pretty much broke it and made it unplayable for a lot of people. Poor performance for everyone else. Haven't heard about other games being affected so bad although I'm sure I could find some.

  13. #73
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,963
    The pile up from some people when DRM is mentioned makes you think Denuvo is paying them
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  14. #74

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,487
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    He's right tho, in MH:W case denuvo pretty much broke it and made it unplayable for a lot of people. Poor performance for everyone else. Haven't heard about other games being affected so bad although I'm sure I could find some.
    Almost as if MH:W's problems have been mostly of their own making coupled with a lot of Gamer bullshit to stir up clicks.

  15. #75
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    1,160
    controversial perhaps.
    This game is kinda boring.
    ive probably been playing 5 hours, its ok.

    Its a 100% platformer with a few set piece combat arenas set in. the monsters seem very much less scary than previously, almost like they are less towering all round.
    Reminds me of Supreme commander 2, more experimentals, but they all shrank, lost all imposing nature. The revs used to tower above you, not really now. same with hell knights.

    In one of my engagements there were 6 or so flying imps, a caco, and 3 mancubus, + imps. it was just a chunk of demons, they are just common fodder now. No jump scares at all.
    Its very bright. very very bright environment. It's also much smaller. the base was very complex before, narrow yet massive.
    This is more open as in not at all narrow corridoors. It's far more linear, its a very very linear platformer.

    You dont need to hunt for the secrets, they are signposted from a million miles away.
    This is more tomb raider. you dont see demons for long sections of fucking platforming, double dashing for this ledge. and to that ledge. and do the trapeze now.

    the combat style seems more like kiting than hunting. hit and run, find someone who you can chainsaw for a bit of ammo, run round till you find another target you can damage- just enough, not too much, to glory kill for a bit of health, run round in a loop identify a little cluster of demons to burn for some armour...

    I figure this runs so well on max settings because the environments/maps are quite small, its all skybox and not actual map.
    I compared the map design of 2016 vs this, the are shockingly different. this game is very dumbed down.
    The tutorials constantly, you can skip, but if suddenly i get a popup telling me where the mancubus' weakspots are, guess what susan, theres gonna be a mancubus turn up after i travel another 10 meters. wow, such surpise. thanks for the heads up.
    This keeps happening. It keeps telling me where the weakspots are on the same monsters over and over just before i encounter them. its braindead.

    Check out this basic ass map design. straight lines, the map is + shaped, basic cube design of the areas.
      Spoiler:


    The textures are so plain, simple, un-demonic. artificial and shiney. No wonder potatos can run this on ultra nightmare settings. its ultra weaksauce im afraid.
      Spoiler:
    Last edited by Kraken; April 7 2020 at 12:16:14 AM.

  16. #76
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,442
    How far through are you? And what difficulty?

    Sent from my Potato using my fingers

  17. #77
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    1,160
    im at cultist base, and on ultra-violence difficulty. i think its mssion 3. the environments are shit.

    hell on earth (level 1) was ok, but it just reminded me of mass effect 3 start when the reapers arive. nothing special, they clearly spent the most effort here on making the background skybox look very fancy with the colossal demons plomping about.
    It reminds me more of diablo 3s environments to be honest, rather than doom 2016. there is a lot less cruelty if that makes sense. No arms to rip off to access a door, or half bashed in human corpses everywhere.
    The textures are very weak and plain.

      Spoiler:


    no bloodstains, no corpses, no guts, its very bright, this is the cultist base on earth aparently. where are the sacrifices. the interior is much the same.
    im bored of double jump double dashing trapeezing, double jump double dashing grab a wall-ing about. ive had enough now. I want to chain running from one bitch demon to the other smashing their face in.

    Did you know- punching demons doesnt hurt them? it briefly pushes them back a bit. It only hurts them via a glory kill once staggered. I cant even wail on the little imps and brutalise their face till the explode.
    Instead i have to do a few glory kills then it lets me 'blood punch' Aoe insta kill small stuff, the bigger stuff just take some damage from it.

    No more infinate ammo pistol to pew pew with either. you have to combo chainsaw, then glory kill, for ammo and health. This is a game for MOBA players i think.

    Compare monster design too.
    https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/Mancubus/Doom_(2016)
    search for Imp, hell knight.
    Every demon has been made very pale, much brighter. far less demonic.
    check out the tab on that link for doom 2016 and eternal. the mancubus looked like a cyberdemon humunculous. In eternal it looks like a typical naked american.

    Check this out:
      Spoiler:


    The zombie and soldier replace the possessed and possessed soldier from 2016. apparently making it look more like classic doom is better. this is wrong. They look like they are from a 2012 game, how pathetic does that zombie look, yet thats the thing you encounter the most.

    Found a steam review on the first page of reviews which says what im trying to say, but with better use of language.
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/...mended/782330/
    Last edited by Kraken; April 7 2020 at 03:19:41 PM.

  18. #78

    Join Date
    July 14, 2013
    Posts
    1,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    check out the tab on that link for doom 2016 and eternal. the mancubus looked like a cyberdemon humunculous. In eternal it looks like a typical naked american.
    It's supposed to be a call back to the style from DOOM/DOOM II, same as with the plasma gun, but I'll agree that it's not an improvement.
    Quarantined and loving life.

  19. #79
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    1,160
    Literally, the secrets are giant floating yellow question marks behind a fenced wall you can see from a mile away, and the minimap more or less shows you the route you have to take to jump up here and swing over there to get to them. Childish.

  20. #80
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,442
    Ramp up to nightmare, and then get past level 3. BFG 10,000 and Nekrovol are good fucking times m8.

    I don't know what you're expecting, this isn't cod or ghost recon mate, it's grab a few guns and murder every demon in sight.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •