hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doom : Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Trying a bit too hard? Still gonna be all over this when i get a modern GPU.
    no, just being doomguy.

it's perfectly in character for him, it's a silent protaganist done right.

relevant link
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    no, just being doomguy.

relevant link
    what

i meant the devs doubling down on cool factor

no, just being doomguy.

relevant link
    what

doom guy cannot "try too hard"

he's so hard, he's using diamond toothpicks made out of the distilled essence of demonic souls.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

no, just being doomguy.

relevant link
    what

I got a little of that feeling. It reminded me of the jump from Gears of War to Gears 2. DOOM 2016 hit a fantastic balance, and DOOM Eternal looks like it's going a bit over-the-top.

But if the underlying gameplay is the same, I'm all over this like white on rice.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

it's just Americans with their retarded bigger/more is better mentality that eventually ruins any franchise they touch. Would never occur to them to refine something.

Everything is terrible
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    it's just Americans with their retarded bigger/more is better mentality that eventually ruins any franchise they touch. Would never occur to them to refine something.
    just admit it, you're jelly because you didn't come up with the idea of putting a grappling hook launcher on a double barrelled shotgun.
    Viking, n.:

just admit it, you're jelly because you didn't come up with the idea of putting a grappling hook launcher on a double barrelled shotgun.
    just admit it, i'm right. :P (this is actually bleedover grumpiness from a recent discussion on hollywood, cuz muh explosions)

but also i like them grapples. but it also feels like they lowered the base movement speed, and designed areas around being able to grapplehook (so forcing it a bit), not so keen on that. hard to tell without playing it though, and i certainly will play it.

Oh fuck off.

I thought it looked a bit slow during the gameplay footage, a lot of grappling around, but otherwise momentum looked sluggish?

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Everything is terrible

Lol fuck you, bitch.

the exact same complaints when the deathkill mechanics were demo'd in Droom4.

How does it go:
    Believe in god. Trust in ID software ?
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Few games has me growling by myself in the couch... RAAAAAAWR! RIP AND TEAR!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

reminder, this is how badass the doomslayer is.

Viking, n.:

reminder, this is how badass the doomslayer is.

He was more of a bad ass when he was just a bolt hard Arnie-style action hero marine tbh.

he still is, it's rather heavily implied that you're running around as the doom marine, the original one and doom 2016 is essentially you ending up in a alternate dimension and getting woken up.

it's just that you're such a bolt-hard action hero the demons of hell are scared shittless of you and somebody who also happens to be rather mad at the denizens of hell decided to create/give you the Praetor suit, propably made out of parts of your original armor, hence the english language markings on it and such.
    Viking, n.:

he still is, it's rather heavily implied that you're running around as the doom marine, the original one and doom 2016 is essentially you ending up in a alternate dimension and getting woken up.

it's just that you're such a bolt-hard action hero the demons of hell are scared shittless of you and somebody who also happens to be rather mad at the denizens of hell decided to create/give you the Praetor suit, propably made out of parts of your original armor, hence the english language markings on it and such.
    yeah he's beyond badass and still very much an angry ball of ultimate rage

its just that the world around him reacts to it and that's where the lore comes from, and tbh i'm perfectly fine with it.

People already tried coming up with some cheesy bullshit for Painkiller and it ended up just as great.

"You have a shotgun, demons have heads" is all you need.

People already tried coming up with some cheesy bullshit for Painkiller and it ended up just as great.

"You have a shotgun, demons have heads" is all you need.
    Some of them dont, which is why you also have the BFG..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.