hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Elder Scrolls VI

Elder Scrolls VI

I would personally like to see Hammerfell but it could be High Rock.
    Last edited by Meester; June 11 2018 at 04:56:37 AM.

Nice.

It could be either from that video, nondescript mountains feature heavily in both - though it if were Hammerfell I'd kind of expect Al'Akir to appear. ("Last time it was snow, now it's deserts!")
    High Rock has also been done, though to be fair it was > 20 years ago and also covered a vast chunk of Hammerfell too.

i think it's High-rock tbh, it's traditional "high fantasy" and likely to focus-test better with users.

the only real question is when, because the setup from Skyrim implies that the Dragonborn, if they could be arsed between robbing everything that's not nailed down, is basically the second coming of Tiber Septim, and per that story that means that the elves of the Dominion are going to get their butt kicked so hard that their pointy ears disappear into it.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Haven't we been asked for Hammerfell for donkeys ages?

I imagine given this is the first tease it's 2020 at the absolute earliest.

I'd guess High Rock since it means they can just replace Nords with Bretons & call it a day.

I was not expecting this yet.

I am unintentionaly hyped, even tho I expect more of the same mistakes they did with skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    i think it's High-rock tbh, it's traditional "high fantasy" and likely to focus-test better with users.
    Skyrim had more of the traditional fantasy with dragons and what-not.

The ruins don't look Hammerfellish but then they could just be obligatory ruins [could be Nord etc ruins from near the Skyrim border].

Want Hammerfell for spirit swords, Redguard culture, architecture and gods, pirates and Stros M'kai. Plus fighting Thalmor in the desert.
    Maybe a return to Yokuda. Lets own a pirate ship.

Is it going to have a speaking protagonist like FO4?

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Is it going to have a speaking protagonist like FO4?
    Probably a bit difficult to do that since Fallout 4 never gave you the choice of playing as a lizardman or a furry.
    Hope you are fluent in argonian.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Skyrim had more of the traditional fantasy with dragons and what-not.

The ruins don't look Hammerfellish but then they could just be obligatory ruins [could be Nord etc ruins from near the Skyrim border].

Want Hammerfell for spirit swords, Redguard culture, architecture and gods, pirates and Stros M'kai. Plus fighting Thalmor in the desert.
    Maybe a return to Yokuda. Lets own a pirate ship.
    all of these are why it probably won't be hammerfell.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Daggerfall v2.0

It is known that High Rock encompasses Greater Bretony, the Dellese Islands, and, by tradition the Western Reach. Its regional geography is varied. The forested peaks of the northern Wrothgarian Mountains are occupied mainly by Orcish tribes based in Orc Strongholds. The only truly cosmopolitan cities lie along the Iliac Bay, the enclosed body of water across from which sits Hammerfell. A number of kingdoms have prospered due to trade around the bay and up the Bjoulsae River, such as Wayrest. Inland, the countryside rises into the windswept plateau of North Kambria. This region is known for its many small villages and towns and for the many grim fortifications that dot the hills and crags around them. In the past, these castles were the domains of many petty kings and lords that ruled the massive patchwork of small nations that used to make up High Rock. Many of these fortresses are now in ruins, as the Empire has been demolishing them since the time of Tiber Septim to prevent them from being used as bases for future rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Daggerfall v2.0
    Oh don't you tease me like that.