hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 76

No, Its not really DayZ / Rust.

Yes, It's essentially coop Fallout 4 survival mode.
    Last edited by Sandzibar; November 19 2018 at 08:49:00 AM.

Is Steam not selling FO76?

Guess only available direct from Beth for online sales, is that right?

Bethesda is selling it directly “to directly serve its customers”.. not sure why it’s better for the customers to deal with multiple stores and launchers, but there you have it. Guess Beth want to be part of the big boys club.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Is Steam not selling FO76?

Guess only available direct from Beth for online sales, is that right?
    You can refund the game on Steam
    https://i.imgur.com/Rvz5b6l.gif
    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian
    http://i.imgur.com/FCT2R1h.png

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Bethesda is selling it directly “to directly serve its customers”.. not sure why it’s better for the customers to deal with multiple stores and launchers, but there you have it. Guess Beth want to be part of the big boys club.
    I suspect they are getting fed up with steam eating into their potential profits etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    I suspect they are getting fed up with steam eating into their potential profits etc
    Considdering the ammount and price of microtransactions already in the game... yea.

Is it worth abandoning potential sales though?

As long as they donít loose more than 30% sales theyíre ok?

it reminds me a little bit of DayZ, but you're right, it's mostly FO4 mechanics with survival elements, I played a few hours of it yesterday, it's not as bad as the reviews suggest, didn't see many/any of the bugs or performance issues people are bitching about, though I did turn shit down to get better performance before I even started.

Basically boil it down and this game is a persistant fallout 4 co-op game, I did one session yesterday, and got to level 8, got some non shit guns, my first power armor chassis, I barely avoided getting nuked, then I wandered into a town full of supermutants and got wrecked. All of it was actually pretty fun. Tonight I shall hunt fusion cores so I can be the lowest guy on the server running around in power armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post

Considdering the ammount and price of microtransactions already in the game... yea.
    Wait, is it another game filled with shitty microtransactions?

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Cosmetics only so far, though the cynic in me thinks they planned to charge for extra perk packs before lootbox controversy blew up. One sneaky thing I've heard they've done is use a new Monopoly money that has a higher price than the creation club for fo4/skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Cosmetics only so far, though the cynic in me thinks they planned to charge for extra perk packs before lootbox controversy blew up. One sneaky thing I've heard they've done is use a new Monopoly money that has a higher price than the creation club for fo4/skyrim.
    I have an issue with paying for cosmetics in a game I've already paid for. It's only ok in my book if the game didn't cost me anything to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

tbh it looks about the same as fallout3 graphically, but with worse gameplay and worse narrative. good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    I have an issue with paying for cosmetics in a game I've already paid for. It's only ok in my book if the game didn't cost me anything to begin with.
    That's why most game studios only employ artists temporarily, there's nothing for them to do after the game goes gold, one of the big reasons cosmetic DLC is popular is because it's not something that was done within the scope of development, it's not something you've already paid for, you paid for the part up until the game went gold, the DLC is just justifying the art team not getting fired for their trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    That's why most game studios only employ artists temporarily, there's nothing for them to do after the game goes gold, one of the big reasons cosmetic DLC is popular is because it's not something that was done within the scope of development, it's not something you've already paid for, you paid for the part up until the game went gold, the DLC is just justifying the art team not getting fired for their trouble.
    This reminds me of the American attitude to tipping.

Except if you compare games that don't with games that do, you usually get those same things included. XCOM was a perfect example of that. "What? i have to pay to unlock changing the colors of my armor? seriously"

But enjoy paying 2,5$ for a heart emote or 4$ for a baseball cap using the same mech and loking the same as those hats you find litterally everywhere in fallout 4.

Except that the game is what, less than a week old? Everything currently up for sale was developed with the base game and then withheld for more money.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Cosmetic are pretty low down my care list & I wouldn't be surprised if modded (or do we call them hackers now?) figure out a way to at least let you change your appearance client side so you can see yourself wearing whatever. Though since it's multiplayer, it means bethsedas bollocks patches are unavoidable now. Enjoy having to dl gigabytes of data for a few mb worth of changes every 2 weeks.

it reminds me a little bit of DayZ, but you're right, it's mostly FO4 mechanics with survival elements, I played a few hours of it yesterday, it's not as bad as the reviews suggest, didn't see many/any of the bugs or performance issues people are bitching about, though I did turn shit down to get better performance before I even started.

Basically boil it down and this game is a persistant fallout 4 co-op game, I did one session yesterday, and got to level 8, got some non shit guns, my first power armor chassis, I barely avoided getting nuked, then I wandered into a town full of supermutants and got wrecked. All of it was actually pretty fun. Tonight I shall hunt fusion cores so I can be the lowest guy on the server running around in power armor.
    FO4 with zero charm or story and even more scaled random nonsense with even worse quests

yeah no

No Steam you say? Its almost like they predicted all this. Lets be honest it prob not related to Fallout 76 at all but

Also UK sales are reported as down 82% on Fallout 4 at the same stage, also not all that surprising. Problem I have is that they wont lose money on this, which they should as the open hand slap to the face they deserve.

That footage of Todd accepting that award and openly stating that he just makes the same game over and over while smirking away. Fuck that guy, I will pirate the fuck out of Starfield as punishment.

12.07 if that does not link. Fucking all 80's Dunning-Kruger streak of pish that he is.
    Last edited by Skeptic; November 20 2018 at 11:01:02 AM.