hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 76

Banned
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

An isometric Fallout (like the 3 first ones) with Ultima Online mmo mechanics would have been the ultimate mmo. But fucking shitty 3D everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    I like how everyone is ripping this game apart

But in a year people here will defend it because Bethesda will patch it
    Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC is still unfinishable to some after 7 years. They won't fix all of this, they'll lose interest & move onto something else. The main difference is that there won't be unofficial patches to pick up their slack this time.

In the short term they have said that there are patches coming. I'm gonna hold of on getting it until I hear good things. Hopefully they'll learn something from the shitty release.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdrak View Post
    An isometric Fallout (like the 3 first ones) with Ultima Online mmo mechanics would have been the ultimate mmo. But fucking shitty 3D everywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Lolno.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Lolno.
    All 750 players (out of which 748 are Russians) would love it though

This was actually a thing that some people cobbled together using fallout 1 and 2 and some netcode, it was pretty interesting but not all that fun

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    This was actually a thing that some people cobbled together using fallout 1 and 2 and some netcode, it was pretty interesting but not all that fun

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
    I tried it for like half an hour a year ago or something, still exists. Can't say if good or bad, just didn't stick with it.

https://www.fonline-reloaded.net/

So yeah if you want mmo vintage fallout you can go play it right now.
    Last edited by FatFreddy; November 18 2018 at 04:27:40 PM.

oh.

ouch.

OK, so it needs about 6 more months of intensive QA. You would have though ESO would have taught them some things...
    meh

Played 60+ hours now so far (more than got my monies worth - and its got more to give). Seen a couple of anim glitches (with T posing monsters), but nowhere near the amount of weird shit all these reviewers seem to find. Only crashed once. Not seen a quest I cant complete yet - odd for a Beth game. There's usually broken shit everywhere in terms of mission objectives etc.

Thoroughly enjoying it as a Fallout lore-explorer-shooter, but then I also really enjoyed Fallout 4 (and audiobooks and reading). So its pushing the right buttons.

Framerate is surprisingly ok on my ancient PC. View distance is much improved over Fallout 4. The map is interesting with several variations in biomes. Many new to the 1st person Fallout games. Some of the voice acting on the Holotapes gets you right in the feels. Its interesting seeing how everything breaking down post nukes is being portrayed. Its true that its lonely and empty without the usual human NPCs and I think that works with the narrative and the emotions they are trying to get across. Other players tend to be people you see in the distance. Everyone is off doing their own thing solo or in pairs. I don't mind that. Although its pretty cool hearing firefights going on in the distance, and knowing that its other people.

Not sure why I bothered to type this. I expect I can predict the response.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    That's gone up.. It was review bombed down to a 2 just after release.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Played 60+ hours now so far (more than got my monies worth - and its got more to give). Seen a couple of anim glitches (with T posing monsters), but nowhere near the amount of weird shit all these reviewers seem to find. Only crashed once. Not seen a quest I cant complete yet - odd for a Beth game. There's usually broken shit everywhere in terms of mission objectives etc.

Thoroughly enjoying it as a Fallout lore-explorer-shooter, but then I also really enjoyed Fallout 4 (and audiobooks and reading). So its pushing the right buttons.

Framerate is surprisingly ok on my ancient PC. View distance is much improved over Fallout 4. The map is interesting with several variations in biomes. Many new to the 1st person Fallout games. Some of the voice acting on the Holotapes gets you right in the feels. Its interesting seeing how everything breaking down post nukes is being portrayed. Its true that its lonely and empty without the usual human NPCs and I think that works with the narrative and the emotions they are trying to get across. Other players tend to be people you see in the distance. Everyone is off doing their own thing solo or in pairs. I don't mind that. Although its pretty cool hearing firefights going on in the distance, and knowing that its other people.

Actually, this is a good time to remind everyone that internet reviewers can play the game for a long time and cherry pick footage to make whatever point they want to make.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

Thanks for an honest review. I'd be interested to find out how much more play time you think it has in it.

I only have YouTube to go on and that seems to be rage feeding off more rage right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

If you want to watch someone enjoying fallout 76 then watch CohhCarnage play it

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    This, he's a great lad for most new games, is generally very neutral and not overreacting all the time

There’s a lot of good stuff going on though..

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    This, he's a great lad for most new games, is generally very neutral and not overreacting all the time
    Yeah he's pretty balanced.

So, I watched Jim Sterling's 76 review you posted... then I went back and watched his Fallout 4 review.

Fallout 76 is essentially more of the same of the stuff he gave a 9.5 before (lol he did what?).

His tirade about system pauses and VATs was dumb. Servers issues on launch day you say? VATs not working with only 1 in Perception? Oh my. Plus its a slightly different mechanic to Fo4 VATS anyway.

This game is getting more hate than it honestly deserves. Some devs have obviously spent a great deal of time crafting this world and its a shame their efforts have been lost in a sea of "reused asset cash grab rust knockoff no npc shit engine todd howard killed my dog" hyperbole.

The engine does need to be retired though.. I think they are using it for the next skyrim and space thingy too

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Thanks for an honest review. I'd be interested to find out how much more play time you think it has in it.
    Well.. all Ive done so far is progress through the main storyline. That leaves all the other surrounding locations/events untouched so I can go back later and check those out.

Hit lvl 50 last night so my SPECIAL points are capped (went for 15 luck/agil - everything else at 5).. which means I'm now experimenting with the card options Ive got, and working out what card options I should aim for next.

VATS crit build is INSANELY strong. Stealth is good, but not quite as lol broken as FO4. Using rifles currently as the bullet use efficiency is high and sniping is always fun.

There are so many crafting recipes Id like to get my hands on for specific armour/wep/chem types and mods, so that will keep me busy. You get them from scrapping items / quest and event rewards / and just lying around in contains or on tables.

Not done a Nuke launch yet so there's that to do also. Joined the Enclave and working on the Brotherhood of Steel currently.

Did some camp building but the blueprinting system is buggy so will wait on this weeks patch and see if that addresses saving your creations correctly.

So all in all I reckon I can easily get another 100 hours out. Much more if I want to play the RNG game for a perfect legendary weps / armour equipped character.

I dont think that's bad entertainment value for 50 quid.

can you tl;dr what this even is?

Fallout 4 with co-op option and some mmo-y bullshit tacked on (that fallout 4 had as well)?

Then its worth having a look, i thought this was literally a shitty dayz clone in fallout universe.
    Last edited by n0th; November 19 2018 at 08:28:08 AM.