hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 76

Fallout 76

New Fallout is coming. It'll be set even before the original fallout and it'll focus on citizens trying to survive an increasingly hostile world 20 years after nuclear holocaust.

It better be good! This quote has me worried though
    I think it's really important to reiterate this: Anyone who spends the next two weeks expecting Fallout: 76 to be a new traditional single-player RPG will be VERY disappointed
    Last edited by Smarnca; June 11 2018 at 10:25:06 AM.

Its all in the 4 thread. Recap - Its Fallout Rust and no-ones very excited.

Ok its not.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Did you mean to put this here?
    It looks fun and all but it's got cock all to do with Fallout 76.
    Last edited by Shaikar; June 10 2018 at 09:10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Ok its not.

Newer engine then (I cant bring myself to say new). I guess thats good news.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Ok its not.

Newer engine then (I cant bring myself to say new). I guess thats good news.
    can't wait for the bug montages on launch day tbh

Greenbrier eh? Okay Bethesda, I'm slightly interested now.

Spoiler:

In the real world they had a massive bunker there large enough to house the entire US legislature.

Last edited by Boltorano; June 11 2018 at 05:13:04 AM.

I guess you could end up forming the basis for all those settlements you meet in Fallout 3. Problem is that this is a sandbox, so you most likely won't be founding Megaton.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I guess you could end up forming the basis for all those settlements you meet in Fallout 3. Problem is that this is a sandbox, so you most likely won't be founding Megaton.

Tapapapatalk
    it's well away from the capital wasteland area, also that place got nuked so hard it was barely survivable 150 years later, hence why it looks and feels like you're one of the first to go there after the bombs fell, you literately are.

it's also why the place is filled with supermutants and ghouls, they give no fucks about radiation.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Tapapapatalk
    it's well away from the capital wasteland area, also that place got nuked so hard it was barely survivable 150 years later, hence why it looks and feels like you're one of the first to go there after the bombs fell, you literately are.

it's also why the place is filled with supermutants and ghouls, they give no fucks about radiation.
    Ah OK. I was vaguely aware that the new game was sort of East Coast towards DC.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

okay, watched the E3 presentation, and i don't quite know what to think.

it looks and feels like a extended Fallout 4 gameplay wise, and that ain't no bad thing, but the whole multiplayer thing makes me iffy, it means mod-support is unlikely but there's no denying it could be good fun.

i want to see more, but it's not as instant a turnoff as the whole "RUST, WITH FALLOUT THEME!" initial leak indicated, even if that seems reasonably accurate.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

So they've put a Fallout 4 skin on Destiny? This is going to have to be really good to hold my attention.

It kinda looks decent to me now. However watching E3 presentation really got me triggered. I think they might have paid actors who scream way too much in the crowd

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    I watched the entire conference live and I still don't really understand what this game is trying to be

Donor
    It kinda looks decent to me now. However watching E3 presentation really got me triggered. I think they might have paid actors who scream way too much in the crowd
    actors? They have employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    tbf I'd be okay with a paid trip to E3

>SIT IN THE CROWD
    >FUN IS MANDATORY
    >ARE YOU HAVING FUN

yes todd thankyou todd

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    i saw a couple of the Fallout 4/Skyrim Modder crowd in there actually, i figure they're going to double down on the creation club stuff for 76, it would make a lot of sense.
    Viking, n.:

it's also why the place is filled with supermutants
    There better not be any, since they did not exist until a decade or two before the events of Fallout 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    More concise from the interview from what i hear.

They haven't confirmed how to do pvp but they want it in, no human npcs, all npcs will be robots etc. instead, vats is in game but no slowdown, there is a main story apparently but they don't want to say how that will work with the endless playing. Raiders attacking you will be players or sth weird like that?

Always online, and you'll see other players even if you play solo.

Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    it's also why the place is filled with supermutants
    There better not be any, since they did not exist until a decade or two before the events of Fallout 1.
    That FEV just gets everywhere.