hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Friday] You may already be a winner!

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

[Friday] You may already be a winner!

No, seriously. Go enter the Intel drawing: https://game.intel.com/8086sweepstakes/
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    No, seriously. Go enter the Intel drawing: https://game.intel.com/8086sweepstakes/
    Done even though I just built a new PC. In the unlikely case of me winning it, it's going up on eBay.

The school year is winding down, which means stress levels are high because we have to do all the final grades etc.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Not available in Australia, but then you'd need to complete like 8 different sets of paperwork and submit them to eight different government offices because apparently raffles & competitions are considered voodoo here / enormous multi-national companies cannot into the slightest effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Not available in Australia, but then you'd need to complete like 8 different sets of paperwork and submit them to eight different government offices because apparently raffles & competitions are considered voodoo here / enormous multi-national companies cannot into the slightest effort.
    Also, your fascist customs officers would put it in quarantine for 2 years.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    2 years? Nah mate, she'd be crisped after 45 days.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    2 years? Nah mate, she'd be crisped after 45 days.
    F.

As an aside, I can now no longer safely travel with a guitar I literally bought new in 2015 because they didn’t have the new documentation requirements for CITES yet. Now it “will be destroyed”.

today, i encountered a new logistics model, it involves taking peoples packages, putting them in a warehouse and then not bothering until they start nagging you.

they just promised delivery on a saturday, despite being a 8-5 monday-friday company btw.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    today, i encountered a new logistics model, it involves taking peoples packages, putting them in a warehouse and then not bothering until they start nagging you.

they just promised delivery on a saturday, despite being a 8-5 monday-friday company btw.
    It's a good thing you didn't want or need that parcel as it's now lost forever.

Today I'm just killing time at work, I've got a few projects on going but they're all really annoying and I can't be bothered to dig into them too much, especially after 3 days on site with various customers.

Sounds like the pioneering work of Yodel; never afraid to lower the parcel delivery service bar to new depths.

Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post

Today I'm just killing time at work, I've got a few projects on going but they're all really annoying and I can't be bothered to dig into them too much, especially after 3 days on site with various customers.
    how the devil do you lose a bike-sized package though?

i mean i fully expect to get a appropriately sized cardboard box that looks like it's been trough the battle of verdun and the contents are all scratched and broken at the bottom of the box when it eventually arrives, but still how ?

they claim they could not find the actual fucking package, yet managed to find it just fine when i mailed and asked wtf they where doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post

Sounds like the pioneering work of Yodel; never afraid to lower the parcel delivery service bar to new depths.
    it's a local outfit that has declared bankruptcy no less than eight times in five years, needless to say, i am not impressed thus far and i am starting to wonder if the money i spend on that bike is just plain wasted as the bike itself is lost in the abyss that is :wtfail: that is modern logistics systems.

and no, it's nothing fancy, just a cheap aluminium frame city-bike of the sort that has been the bog standard in Denmark for like 80 years or more, i simply want something to get about on when it's not time critical that is not the car for the nice summer days we're getting this year, and get some exercise in the process.
    Last edited by Liare; June 8 2018 at 03:02:58 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post

how the devil do you lose a bike-sized package though?

i mean i fully expect to get a appropriately sized cardboard box that looks like it's been trough the battle of verdun and the contents are all scratched and broken at the bottom of the box when it eventually arrives, but still how ?

they claim they could not find the actual fucking package, yet managed to find it just fine when i mailed and asked wtf they where doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post

it's a local outfit that has declared bankruptcy no less than eight times in five years, needless to say, i am not impressed thus far and i am starting to wonder if the money i spend on that bike is just plain wasted as the bike itself is lost in the abyss that is :wtfail: that is modern logistics systems.

and no, it's nothing fancy, just a cheap aluminium frame city-bike of the sort that has been the bog standard in Denmark for like 80 years or more, i simply want something to get about on when it's not time critical that is not the car for the nice summer days we're getting this year, and get some exercise in the process.
    Was this your only option for delivery?

Otherwise why would you choose a delivery company (or any company) that has gone bankrupt that often?
    meh

of course i don't have a choice, if i did i would have picked a reputable company that at least tries to fucking deliver.

as a development in this new fancy logistics model, we've now passed the back-stop on the delivery time for saturday, with no sign of the package and im heading to work in about 30 minutes. i suspect they didn't actually bother to put it in a van and put a driver in said van this time either.

if it's not outside the front door when i get back i am going to contact the company i bought it from and hand it over to them, since their sub-contractor cannot actually figure out putting a box in a van/truck and moving it to my address then either the purchase has to go back, or a different company should get the opportunity to give it a go.
    Viking, n.:

I used to be a courier. Anything you think is totally ridiculous that must go on in the warehouses and offices of a logistics company pales in comparison to the reality.

We had a bonfire of people's christmas presents once

It was awesome

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

i don't have a problem with the delivery getting delayed once, or the driver getting delayed because his schedule is unreasonable, no fucking problems there. but i want to know if its going to miss the delivery window, and i do not have the fucking patience for "we lost your package!" twice.

and this looks like "we lost your package in our warehouse!" twice.
    Viking, n.:

There is a delivery company in Germany that is notoriously bad, even worse than our privatized state post company.

They once send me a mail announcing delivery on a Wednesday afternoon between one and three pm. I actually took time off school (I get less than ten hours of time off of my choice per year - this required three). So I'm home and I get another email telling me that my package is on the way and a link to a page that showed me the position of the van pretty much in real time.

I could see the van drive past my place on the map.

I then got a notification by mail that they were sorry I wasn't home and my package is ready for pick up at their partner store down the road.

If I could have a stroke, I would have had one right there. Wrote an angry mail to customer service and went and got my package: two speaker pedestals, about 10kg.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

I can't speak for your company but Hermes had a system so unreliable that sometimes the only thing you can do is list a delivery as lost until you get around to it, usually because you have 6 days of backlog

Not in June though, the late spring and early summer is the quiet period and we'd want to get rid of big stuff like bicycles asap so there is probably some special level of incompetence.

I recommend courier work if you want to plumb the depths of incompetence, it's enlightening.

Joe, that would be considered perfectly prudent if the volume was high enough. If you can drop a whole village worth of stuff at a local shop and tell everyone where it is that's a huge time saver and frankly fuck your special requirement not to drive to the shop when I'm working 70 hour weeks. (Such is the attitude).
    Last edited by Paradox; June 9 2018 at 02:57:07 PM.

my package actually arrived! only three hours short of being delivered a day late too, pretty impressive.

the exterior looks like it's been trough a warzone, but the bike itself was well festooned in cardboard and bubblewrap, meaning it was, unexpectedly, intact without a scratch, assembly went off pretty well and and i plan do do seat+handle adjustment tomorrow, as well as get some more air in the tires, i even have a little pile of stuff i have no idea where fits and the manual doesn't actually cover, so that's nice!.
    Viking, n.:

Ach! Mein Gott! Disaster!

Wait you threw a hissy fit because it was *one* day late?

Incredible