Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patch Notes For EVE Online: Into The Abyss

Was there a special event ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    These gifts will remain in the redeeming system for 90 days, so be sure to claim them before they expire!
    Damnit, so I need to reinstall EVE just to claim those?
    Yup.

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    These gifts will remain in the redeeming system for 90 days, so be sure to claim them before they expire!
    Damnit, so I need to reinstall EVE just to claim those?

Or is there a way to redeem them from the Account site on EVE's web site ... I vaguely seem to remember something the like.
    Just log in to account management, replace your email with mine, and I'll take care of it...

Yup, you have to log in. So reinstall, and get hooked again. You know there's that little voice in the back of your mind...
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Roger that, thanks for the clarification.

You know there's that little voice in the back of your mind...
    Which one of the many are you referring to?

Ok so logged in and ran a couple of T1 sites in a HAM Caracal. Emboldened by my success (even managed to kill a BB thingie which was holy crap with the time limit, panic mode), I decided to take the (insured lul) Caracal into a T2 site. Which monumentally failed due to lolDPS and burning out my hardener and prop mod didn't help. At all.

After being reminded that I had my clone located in Thera (facepalm moment) and faffing about to scanning an exit, I manage to get back to civilised space. After a really long while.

So now I know what stuff does and what not, let's throw monies at the problem. So prepped a Gila. Seriously, wtf is it with dual missile and drone damage mods, ran an excel and they're so much better than BCS and DDA put in separately even considering the stacking penalties...

Furthermore, the Gila setup just burns through this stuff (tried up to tier 3) even though I'd rather put HAMs on it rather than RLML, but then again I doubt I'll be able to one shot the frigs.

The AI in the sites is annoying AF and will target and focus fire your drones asap, so there's a non-trivial amount of time spent on pulling in and popping out the drones for that sweet DPS.

BTW, for the Gila the Auto Targeting System I is actually useful since it adds 2 more targets. If only one wouldn't be neuted to fk in tier 3 sites. And neuts seem to be a major problem, since it's like 2 MWD pulses and "your capacitor is depleted".

Overall I think the adrenaline rush comes from the fact that you need to do the site or die. No warping out, no MJD shenanigans then warping off, you're in, you're stuck with it.

Note: one tier 3 site rewards cumulate into 152m ISK for 20 mins of shooting. I would say not bad at all, considering the risk involved. A Triglavian frig BPC dropped and I looked a bit concerned at those bonuses, the hell was CCP thinking?

Edit: for me there was an additional adrenaline rush due to the fact that the server restart was announced as I was finishing the last room so went into full panic mode with the RLML reload. WTF.
    Last edited by Cosmin; June 22 2018 at 11:05:44 AM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Twelve seconds later....

No, I haven't lost the Gila, but the Fierce sites dried up. So basically this is the same RNG thingie that's usually going with exploration, so you can hit jackpot in one site and the next 5 are dry as the bitter sandy vagina cunt I am sometimes.

I still like it, but not keen on putting ISK on the line for maybe something. I suppose CCP doesn't like the guaranteed income part that came with the Incursions.

Don't worry, CCP will surely iterate on this new good basis for PvE content, it won't be like incursions, it won't be like epic arcs, it won't be like wormhole sites, it won't be like explorations, it won't be like cosmos

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Don't worry, CCP will surely iterate on this new good basis for PvE content, it won't be like incursions, it won't be like epic arcs, it won't be like wormhole sites, it won't be like explorations, it won't be like cosmos
    Relax, tis gonna be awesome!

Serious however, there's quite a bit of people who actually - fuck knows why - enjoy exactly this kind of limited thing. It enables a lot of sales & marketing potential for drawing types in. You do that for a while, seduce subgroups after that, take it from there. For CCP the whole thing is quite decent.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

I sincerely think it's worth it to kemp exit sites for T4-T5 runners and gank them instead of running the sites themselves. Unless you have an alt kemping the system, you don't known who you exit to. However, even if you know, there's not much you can do really (ECM burst Ibis alt is a go? ) because you either die in the site with you capsule or you die to the campers (and probably not get podded in the process unless nullsec).

Also lost a Gila because apparently 3+ battleships in a tier 3 is a thing too and I got melted lul. Equipped new Gila and proceeded to open another tier 3. To about 10 cruisers or so. With lots of sweaty manual piloting and lots of swearing on a background of Sabaton (because at least die with glorious music in the background eh), I managed to escape with 90+% damage to most of my modules but still in one piece.

Meanwhile, there's people running t5 in 4b+ Sacrileges and calling them ez mode. Erm, wat. Then again, there's always been a population of players running l4s in blinged up tens of bil purple battleships, but here you get a suspect flag when exiting t4-5 so it's p. much scan -> kemp -> loot pinata.

I'm still unsure how to game the suspect timer (maybe web alt camping your exit point?). You can't deploy mobile depots in abyssal space so it's out the window to fit stabs or other retarded stuff like cloaks (which would be useless anyway, you spawn decloaked when returning to normal space which is a bit retarded).

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Overall I think the adrenaline rush comes from the fact that you need to do the site or die. No warping out, no MJD shenanigans then warping off, you're in, you're stuck with it.
    This, getting hit with a 3 dick spawns and getting out with 15 seconds on the clock while flying 5 bill in PVE gear is quite exciting.

The spawns get kinda samey after a while but the risk and short time duration makes them a lot of fun when you need to fill some time waiting for a fleet to get going.