hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FHC Stellars #4 MP: Distant Salt!

The Garden of Earthly Delights: 2200-2249

The Gardeners are a theocratic democracy following the way of the Green Book, which told them to go forth and tend many worlds in harmony. Fortune had granted three sizeable worlds very near to the Gardeners home system, so expansion was focused on building those worlds up at first. To the north was the heretical Star Dynasty of Zabdarres, to the west the Iluminbot Grid, and to the far 'south' was the Hiver Expanse.

All was well until the DELUGE came forth, a devouring swarm of Taldpadites - hemmed in on both sides by fallen empires, their only path out to the rest of the galaxy lay through The Garden. They descended on us with nearly 3,000 fleet strength, and although we had a slight tech edge their numbers were just too vast. All of the undefended outer systems were taken one by one as the only hope of defeating the devourer fleet was a fight above a starbase.

Help came from the Hivers, who sent a portion of their fleet and resources to bolster our defenses. If not for this most generous aid, the Garden would have surely burned. The resources were used to raise a stronger fleet and fortify the starbases, and a pitched battle was fought above the Springs of Summer which was only won because of defense platforms. Eventually our population was exhausted from this struggle and the devourers forced us to surrender, but the Hivers campaign pushed them back and returned our systems to us. Work was immediately begun on fortifying a starbase on the Taldpadite border for the next inevitable struggle with them. Never again would the Garden be caught unprepared.

The council of elders proclaimed the Hivers to be guided by divine will- but more cynical voices, especially those on the ravaged world of Xolomon's Repose, noted that the Garden was a convenient buffer between the Hive and the Swarm. These xenophobes and militarists spew heresy and bring discord to the council, a sign of the lasting taint brought by the swarm into the Garden. The effects of the swarm may be more long lasting than just these heretics on Xolomon's Repose, as the war was devastating and set back the Garden by at least a decade.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; May 30 2018 at 01:56:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    Are we doing rewards for AARs as was discussed last game? Maybe something like 20-50 influence?
    50 influence sounds reasonable to me, I will make the required edits.

The Asshole Prober Cartel 2200 - 2249

Spoiler:

Science ships setoff towards and away from the galatic core, hunting down anomalies. Searching for science to militarise from the homeworld of Transilvania, in the star system Transexual.

A great deal of hunting took place, for new friends, the hope to have an interchange of ideas, research.

Many many years past before the first civilisations were found in the void. MANY.
    Eventually civilisations were found, the P'Cock Star Kingdom. A set of inward perfectionist, PACIFISTS, happy in their productive populations, but unwilling to exchange ideas, and work towards the betterment of the galaxy.

To my North, were some turdbag nation that decided I should be treated with hostility.
    Along with the Evil Altruists, a Devoiring Swarm.
    To my North West, Robots, Amrocon Matrix.
    To my Far North East, I Find Spritual seekers and beyond those I find Chan Directorate, Federation builder - Pacifists.

Eventually the Turdbags north of Me make claims on my systems and start shit. They dont make any gains, but neither can I.
    Their advance is quickly dulled by The Evil Altruists who eat them all up. Suddenly the gravity of the situation becomes very real for the Asshole Probers.

The Devouring swarm is at our Doorstep, and all around me, DESPICABLE PACIFISTS.

A snap defence pact is struct with the Rogue Servitors and the Balsian Divine Foundation, the Spiritual Seekers. Sure enough, The swarm comes and quickly takes my boarder systems, with little possible defence applicable to this overgrown empire.
    However- these knob butterflys have overlooked the Pact, and surrounded by 3 empires- and two utterly useless empires, disgusting pacifists...

Spoiler:

A certain degree of overstrech applys to the Evil Altruists.
    A bargain was proposed, redraw the boaders, still unfavourable, but to give me 1 outpost defencive boarder, and to end the war, once the swarm retakes more of its space recently lost on the sides...
    and to then to break the pact with the Servitors AI.

Do I take this Devils Bargain, to survive now, to die later.

Who will save these feckless pacificists, the inward perfectionists who cannot gain friends, before the swarm comes for them?
    Perhaps a benefactor will grace the Probers with the resources to contain the swarm?

Our Brain Paracites must not fall into the wrong hands...

P'Cock Star Kingdom, 2200 - 2249

The P'Cocks, having discovered hyperlanes, quickly explored, hoping to confirm the theories of leading P'Cock scientists and theologians that P'Cal was the only source of life in the universe.

Sadly, life was quickly found, prompting a crisis, but as the foul xenos were unable to master tool use, no threat was believed to exist.

A second, much worse, crisis was found when contact was made with spacefaring xenos of several types. While the P'Cock remained the superior species in the known Galaxy for now, the possibility of finding equals caused much fear, and several protests ensued amongst the normally unwilling P'Cock until a full fleet exercise was broadcast to all citizens, reminding the citizenry of the ability for the Star Kingdom to defend itself against the foul Xenos if the worst should happen, and they attempt to TALK TO US!

Agreements were signed with several of the Xenos to exchange superior P'Cock technology for examples of their inferior imitations, allowing P'Cock scientists to determine optimal methods to deal with them.

Eventually, word came of a horde of especially unpleasant Xenos eating the even more inferior neighbouring Xenos, and volumes of minerals generated by teams of P'Cock's finest miners and engineers were dispatched to encourage the Xenos to fight amongst themselves.

Moods are low amongst P'Cock leadership, however, as the chance of being required to TALK to the awful Xenos is at an all time high, considered to be a disaster as bad as discovering the ancient and superior xenos rumoured amongst the lesser races were found to truly exist. Military expansion is becoming a primary goal of the Star Kingdom.

Altruists in the Age of Salt: 2249-2301

[Full 52 screenshots on my Steam profile, only select ones posted here: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/...iles&view=grid ]

At war with 3 empires, we reached out and made a bargain with the Kraken Asshole Prober Cartel: that our primary desire was a mutually defendable border between our nations, and to deal with the Amrocons at a later time. In return for having saved the Kraken from subjugation by Dul Babyl zealots, we felt we were owed this land as payment. Both sides coveted the system of Andathanum, with it's 17-size Continental world. Eventually the Altruists relented and pledged it to the Kraken, as a sign of good faith. In return, the Kraken pledged not to counter attack any further; to let us restore our original borders which his two AI allies had pushed in; and to end his defensive pact with the Amrocons, paving the way for their conquest by the Altruists. For these exchanges, the Altruists pledged to respect the Kraken nation's existence - that the Kraken would never find themselves in the position of being an Altruistic meal.

With this agreement in place, the Altruists turned to the great task of pushing the marauding Balsian Divine Foundation fleets back. They seemed to have a never ending stream of ships ready to cross into Altruistic space, and there was no FTL inhibiting station in place to hold them back. My plan was to push forward to Tuseyar Jolal and build a station there, then continue pushing in to retake my original space. It was not easy going, as their fleets continuously pushed forward, often past ships repairing from an earlier engagement, or while I was retaking a system one jump away. (It later turned out that the P'Cock Star Kingdom was supplying them (and Kraken) with minerals, which explained the truly neverending stream of raiding squadrons.) Though the Balsians stood no chance against my fleets, their zerg mentality made them incredibly difficult to actually push back:
      Spoiler:

The Wraith & Kraken's Betrayal

As I struggled to progress on that front, the worst happened: the Wraith had spawned immediately south of me, and turned north to attack my southern systems. It would rampage through from Rimdur around to Pluodhotha, the site of my agreed on border with Kraken and the location of a freshly built Star Fort. It would continue several jumps into Kraken's space, eventually picking a fight it could not win with the Automated Dreadnaught in Galurum.
      Spoiler:

The Wraith's suicidal romp, along with P'Cock minerals and words of encouragment, made the Kraken change their mind and decide to attack, laying claim to all my southern space. Our pact was in tatters, as he advanced comfortable up to Mubish-Suloom and Merga systems, leaving only an incredibly long and slow route through my territory to reinforce either side. I had to bring a fleet south from the Balsian front to defend Fynios, which delayed advances even more. Kraken greedily attacked Fynios, but was defeated. I counterattacked into neighbouring Mubish-Suloom and won a hard fought battle, establishing a forward border fort there:
      Spoiler:

As the Altruists' war exhaustion sailed to 100 and the possibility of a status quo peace loomed, I launched a push south into Balsian space, taking their capital; I continued onto their neigbhouring planet but failed my invasion - they had reinforced with their entire standing assault army while I wasn't watching. Meanwhile, my 4th squadron had finally been built up to enough strength to take back the systems the Balsians had stolen from me, and push their last raiding ships out. Before signing the forced Status Quo, we agreed I could take two systems from the Balsians that were in an isolated pocket, for bordergore reduction. Finally peace was settled - 5 of the 6 systems I had initially set out to take were in Kraken hands, along with the rest of my space from Merga southwards (another 6 systems gone, with others lost to the Wraith and the Amrocons); but I gained 8 systems from the Amrocons, including their capital planet. The most important result, however, was the demonstrable proof that Kraken's word meant nothing; that the Asshole Prober Cartel could not be trusted.

I spent the next little while on internal buildup - prettying up my sector; colonizing all planets within my territory; reorganizing and rebuilding my fleets; building up my defensive starbases at key strong points; and making full use of my starbase capacity. I also engaged in some diplomacy with my Eastern neighbours, committing to peaceful relations with their newly formed Federation, but opposing the membership of the Amrocons or the Kraken. Eventually the Kraken left on their own, not desiring the migration and research treaties that come with Federation membership. Meanwhile, the Balsians joined the same Federation and were later removed. They then offered to be tributaries of the P'Cocks, which was accepted, setting the P'Cocks up as a rather hypocritical overlords - Pacifist in name only, as they had no trouble funding foreign wars; and Isolationist in name only, as not only were they funding said foreign wars, they were now installing themselves as overlords of foreign nations.

When the Altruists' truce timer with the Amrocons expired, we attacked, finding them isolated. Finally, our chance to defeat the robot menace was here! But we only made it 3 systems into their space when the Kraken fleets moved north to Merga, poised to attack. I quickly made a Status Quo peace with the robots and pulled back to a defensive position. What followed was an inexplicable set of diplomatic blunders from Kraken: first making a Defensive Pact with the Amrocons to prevent any immediate attack. Then making a Federation. Then once again abandoning the Federation due to his pops' unhappiness with the many treaties, leaving their Cartel diplomatically isolated. As my fleets repositioned, upgraded and were expanded, they resorted to begging for minerals from other nations. Such a pathetic state of affairs from such a perfidious nation could not be allowed to stand - they had bertayed the Altruists once, and were openly plotting to do so again. I launched a fresh invasion.

Edit: new post for the following war w/ Kraken
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

War of Kraken Absorbtion

Our forces were relatively well matched: I had 2x fleets of 9k and 1x of 5.4k in reserve (with more building), with defensive stations of approx 7k strength in my border systems.
    Kraken had 2x fleets of just under 7k and 1x of approx 3k (with more building). He had a defensive advantage with Star Fortress technology, giving him stronger defensive forts of ~8k. And his border was very short - 5 jumps between the two fortresses, with a shipyard in Kalleira in between for reinforcement. My route was an incredibly long 19 jumps for ~1100 days between my two front lines.

I put my two large fleets at the border stations to deter any attacks by him on my border systems of Prohatbar and Mubish-Suloom - I could probably hold my own against his full forces, with one large fleet plus a defensive station. But I would have trouble attacking unless he split my forces up. My plan was to try to get him to do so, attacking north at Merga first, and hoping he would send fleets the 5 jumps to defend it. That might buy me enough time to take the huge station at Pluodhotha, which would trap him in a pocket between my two border stations, which I could close at my leisure.

Battle plans & events:
      Spoiler:

My norther "1st Fleet" attacked Merga and took it with ease (Red I). Kraken reacted to my attack by sending his reserve fleet in Kalleira to defend his Merga station (Yellow I). Unfortunately he had not set Iawagio to avoid, so his fleet warped in there and was defeated by the Scrapper leviathan. Oops. Still, it is unlikely he would have arrived in time to save the Merga station, though he could have caught my fleet wounded immediately after the battle.
      Spoiler:
    Death by Scrapper:

Following his mistake, he pulled his other two fleets off the large fortress in Pluodhotha and sent them north to stop my attack (Yellow II). I took the opportunity to attack with my southern fleet (2nd Fleet/Red III). Unfortunately my reserves (3rd Fleet) were not close enough to the front (or I just didn't commit them, idk). Kraken turned his fleets around to intercept mine at the Pluodhotha Station:
      Spoiler:

I was unable to beat the station with Kraken's reserves. However I dealt a lot of damage to both, in particular destroying the station's defensive platforms, greatly weakening it:
      Spoiler:

Kraken's remaining large fleet continued north to Annyso in an attempt to stop my 1st Fleet's advance from the north. My fleet won comfortably - Kraken had a lot of Flak fitted, but I had stopped using missiles half-way through our first war, just after the session started. So despite the initial 7k vs 7.8k looking even-ish, the flak portion of his 7k was ineffective:
      Spoiler:

Meanwhile I moved to attack the Pluodhotha Fortress again. Now stripped of it's defensive platforms, I brought my reserve fleet to take it down, which would close the pocket in on Kraken:
      Spoiler:

He responded by committing all available forces to stop my attack, a reasonable move:
      Spoiler:

Unfortunately, too much damage had been done to the station by his arrival, leaving it a husk with 1/3 of it's structure. My fleets finished off the station, then chased his reinforcements away:
      Spoiler:

He was now trapped in Kalleira, just as I'd hoped. I attacked from both sides with my repaired 1st and 2nd fleets, while sending the 3rd fleet down to start taking his systems:
      Spoiler:

From there it was an easy push south on his homeworld & surrounding systems. I detected the remainder of his fleets holding not-so-far-away in Khimanou. However he made no attempt to repair them (they were all damaged and holding near the entry point I would have to come through), no to reorganize or rebuild. (He said he couldn't build anything - maybe he was flat out of minerals?):
      Spoiler:

I took his homeworld with no trouble, and he surrendered before I could push on his remaining fleets, accepting the inevitable defeat (I was thinking about leaving a rump state to the south, to try and avoid meeting the Xenophile FE there, but whatever):
      Spoiler:

The Laggy Years of the L-Cluster and Amrocon Attack, 2287-2301

With the persistent threat to my south dealt with, I turned back to planning how to deal with the Amrocon Matrix to my West. The robot empire had gotten huge, with over 300 pops, and was 'Superior' overall (though only Equiv x3 on specifics). I had wanted to deal with them before they got to this stage, and failed - initially due to helping Kraken beat the Spiritualist Dul Babyl AI who attacked him, and later due to Kraken's would-have-been intervention in my actual war vs Amrocon. I built my fleets up, repositioned them (1 in the north, 1 in the south, in the mid-north to deal with an enclave they had in my space).

Before I could launch my attack, Bentguru triggered the L-Cluster. 30k of Grey Nanite fleets poured out of the two gates in my space, destroying a fully developed Anchorage around one. With the drop in my fleet cap (and my economy as I suffered over-cap penalties), the Amrocons immediately declared war. However, their fleets have so far been unsuccessful at making any headway - they had a good opportunity to attack me in the north, but instead split their fleets and lemminged them one-by-one - AI's gonna AI.

Nearly 30k detected:
      Spoiler:

Leads to two separate engagements vs 16k and 12k:
      Spoiler:

By 2301, I've taken their enclave around Rimdir, giving me a much shorter route between the two fronts (10 jumps). But what's left to be done against this Superior foe? Especially while the threat from the L-Cluster looms? Stay tuned to find out!
      Spoiler:
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

P'Cock Star Kingdom, 2249 - 2301

Much construction was undertaken to attempt to maintain military capabilities to match those of the Xenos. Mineral subsidies to the empires fighting the Swarm rimward of the true people failed to secure the desired objectives, but the appearance of a great space monster caused the least useless of the xeno scum to begin taking the initiative, forcing the swarm to a disgraceful peace deal.

Peace reigning, the kingdom got back to the important task of expansion, with a variety of new technologies being developed which allowed the correction of planet's biospheres to match the needs of the P'Cock, and the creation of orbital habitats, taking the P'Cock people to new heights.

The diplomatic manouverings of the local Xenos, however, ended in failure, with them isolated and failing to understand basic tactics, and eventually, entirely crushed.

The Kingdom has no choice now but to retreat further into it's splendid isolation and hope everyone just GOES AWAY.

Hiver Expanse, 2249 - 2301

The hive awaited the return of it's victorious fleets, fresh off the victory against the Talpadites. Minerals were diverted to repairing and reinforcing the fleet in anticipation of a war against the Star Dynasty of Zabdarres to secure the Humnum Nebula, and thus it was a great surprise when our friendly neighbors to the north, the Enlightended Kingdom of Tugh-Jaham-Kar Ushdama (or EKTFKU for short) declared war on the Star Dynasty first. Plans were accelerated and Hiver fleets raced forward into the border system of Eurav Wass. Unfortunately, the EKTFKU were quick off the draw and arrived at the same time and thus secured the "official" occupation of the star system (they had more claims? idk wtf happened). Incensed, the Hive canceled it's NAP and declared a rivalry, breaking the long standing peace. EKTFKU would eventually peace out with the Star Dynasty for a large number of border systems, while the Hive was only able to secure Eurav Wass (renamed Expansion Cell).

Peace continued for the next 5 years, with more station upgrades and small ship upgrades being the main focus. Then the Gezdiran Annihilators, a DISGUISTING AND REVOLTING race of fanatical purifiers far on the northern border declared war.

Spoiler:

The front was at the end of a long 9 jump chain of hyperlanes, so the fleet left port immediately and work began on a forward operating base. As the fleet cruised to the border, a key event took place on the planet Veil, as an engineering team successfully raised an ancient high tech cruiser from the seafloor. The cruiser would prove to be a pivotal asset.

Spoiler:

The offensive began in 2257, with Hiver fleets crossing the border into the Katz system and destroying a Gezdiran border garrison stationed there.

Spoiler:

The advance continued to Morka, a Gezdiran system which contained a starbase and was their sole access point to the wormhole chain. Another Gezdiran fleet was defeated, and the system was eventually fully occupied in 2258.

For the next 3 years Hiver fleets secured the space around Morka and began slowly advancing up the front with no resistance. All that changed in 2261, when a Gezdiran Armada arrived at the front, routing half the hiver fleet and forcing the other half to flee in the battle of Duppatar Yinu.

Spoiler:

The remaining Hiver forces ran back down the hyperlanes, and the original border system of Ror was further fortified to repulse the inevitable assault. However, the Gezdirans, after retaking all occupied systems but Katz and Morka, surprisingly offered a status quo peace which was quickly accepted. Perhaps they were threatened by another empire on a far border, or perhaps they doubted their ability to take further casualties. In any case, a narrow victory was had, with 2 colonized systems changing hands.

Spoiler:

With a stable peace and a large fleet, expeditions were led to clear out the guardians of Zanaam, securing a size 25 gaia world, and focus shifted again toward infrastructure and exploration. The wormhole network was fully explored, revealing a terror beyond the Dion-Ghaot wormhole.

Spoiler:

After over a decade of peace relations with the Enlightended Kingdom of Tugh-Jaham-Kar Ushdama finally devolved into war. The EKTJKR invaded, securing the border system of Yijesh before Hiver fleets could respond.

Spoiler:

Hiver shipyards sprang into action building several ships of war, and a push through the Humnum Nebula began. Surprised by the rapid fall of their border stations, the EKTJKR responded and once again starships danced their deadly dance above the binary system of Expansion Cell.

Spoiler:

Several more battles were fought before a status quo peace was signed in 2279 (i forgot to retake Yijesh, oops).

Spoiler:

After the war the psionic entity previously encountered was destroyed and follow up exploration of the system revealed some interesting biotech.

Spoiler:

Continuing the Hiver policy of reckless exploration, Hiver scientists unlocked the secrets of the L-Gates and opened them in 2297 to the horror of the galaxy.

Spoiler:

Multiple extremely powerful fleets poured from the L-gate system, destroying several distant border outposts within the Hiver expanse (as well as elsewhere). All excursions into the cluster itself have met with death. For now, the Grey Tempest is just another semi-avoidable threat in this hostile universe.

However, 2297 did end on a high note. Through relentless introspection and practice the Hiver expanse finally achieved genetic mastery. Hiver scientists continue to work on applications of this new technology, the most immediate impact is that other organic populations can now be assimilated into the hive. Indeed, a population of psionic Hyacinth from the Garden already have been integrated into the hive and are populating the Hiver habitats recently constructed. With these new techniques, the hive is prepared to abandon it's policy of limited growth and begin the mass assimilation of the galaxy.

MAP:

Hiver Expanse: 2301 - 2345

The Grey War, Annexation of the Star Dynasty, Gezdiran conflict, and the War in Heaven

Disaster switfly struck the Expanse. The previously quiet nanite fleets began pushing aggressively into neighboring systems. 4 Nanite fleets advanced from the L-Gate in Quessen Idar's Nebula in the galactic south laying waste to all systems in their way.

Spoiler:

Two swarms were pulled south to deal with the invaders, arriving in time to save Iota Colony from utter destruction.

Spoiler:

Meanwhile, the remaining nanites pushed west destroying system infrastructure as they went. Eventually 2 nanite fleets pushed into Garden space, destroying a small colony as Rassr Prime and advancing toward the core Garden worlds. The Gardener fleets made a desperate stand at a chokepoint system of Quainia but their ships were not as swift or evasive as their Hiver counterparts and proved unable to defeat the combined powers of 2 nanite fleets. However, they did significant damage and held up the Nanite advance, allowing for Hiver reinforcements to catch up and destroy both fleets. Three nanite fleets were accounted for and with the fourth seemingly disappeared calm returned to the Hiver south. Lone Nanite Fleets would pop up every once in a while, but never again did the Nanites manage such a large incursion.

While the war against the Nanites raged in the south heavier hiver ships formed a secondary fleet on the border of the Star Dynasty. While small, the Star Dynasty had a significant population which would prove useful were it integrated into the Hive. An expeditionary force crossed the border and began slowly taking Star Dynasty lands. The Star Dynasty navy made its stand above the world of Ashi-ilitlaya and proved unable to counter the heavier cruisers of the Expanse.

Spoiler:

Their worlds would hold out as long as possible, but with complete control of the orbitals the isolated planets would eventually fall to the Hive.

Spoiler:

Buildup then commenced for fortifying the northern border against the Gezdiran Anhillators who had finally destroyed the Enlightened Kingdom of Tugh-Jaham-kar Ushdama, giving them a long and porous border with the hive. Nanite fleets would continue to emerge and ravage local space during this time, notably destroying the former Star Dynasty world of Shap.

Spoiler:

War was finally declared with the Gezdirans in 2214 as preparations completed.

Spoiler:

Hiver fleets pushed into former Kingdom territories and liberated several worlds from the Gezdirans. Said worlds were surprisingly diverse with many species living on them, including perhaps most surprisingly several pops of Asshole Probers (IE: kraken's people) who had somehow escaped being eaten by the Evil Altruists. Two major battles would eventually be fought against the Gezdirans in the old Kingdom capital of Tugh-Jaham-Kar Ushdama with Hiver fleets proving to be victorious.

Spoiler:
    [img]https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/921430705751756585/D65A8E167627484CBB55C8970D18AD75FA157838/[img]

Peace would eventually be declared in 2322 with roughly 15 systems and 4 colonies changing hands, and cruically the Gezdiran border was pushed up to a single chokepoint system that had a colony. The post-bellum Gezdiran border now encompassed 2 widely separated systems, Ninki and Morka, both with heavily fortified worlds and very large garrisons. Any future Gezdiran invasion would have to take those worlds before advancing into Hiver space, allowing more than enough time for Hiver fleets to respond.

With the nothern Gezdiran border secure, and the Garden firmly in control to the south and west (themselves having summoned a psionic avatar from the shroud and used to to crush their longtime foe the Talpadites), it was time to begin the crusade against the Nanite Plague. A large Evil Altruist fleet had pushed into the L-Cluster, and Hiver forces mustered to join them. During this period a rogue machine empire called the Illuminbot Grid located beyond the Garden attempted a ludicrous takeover of the Alshi Protectors, a spiritualist fallen empire located in the Galactic South. This attempt failed in spectacular fashion, leading to the following events.

Spoiler:

Time was clearly not on the Hive's side as the galaxy slowly teetered toward a war on the scale unheardof in galactic memory. And so Evil Altruist and Hiver fleets pushed hard into the L-Cluster destroying many fleets and finally assembling to assault the Nanite factory.

Spoiler:

The Combined Grand Fleet

The Attack

VICTORY!

Victory was short lived however, as the aggressive Alshi Crusaders forced the Garden to become a dominion before declaring war on the Hive itself. The Hive made its stand, attacking a small squadron of Alshi corvettes (~21 ships) with the entirety of the Hiver fleet. The fleet was slaughtered, and reluctantly the hive gave in to Alshi demands.

Spoiler:

With nearly the entire southern half of the galaxy vassalized, the Alshi finally decided to destroy their old rivals, and the War in Heaven began.

Spoiler:

While the Hive was forced to nominally support it's overlord, it was not forced to materially support them. Some small skirmishes were fought against the Dedean Enforcers on the northern borders but no major incursions into Hive space occurred. That was until the truce with the Gezdirans ran out and they attempted to retake their lost territories. Infuriatingly, they had 2 large battle groups inside Hive space prior to the declaration of war, which had free reign for years before Hiver fleets finally arrived on the front in 2343. However, Hiver fleets proved massively superior and inflicted massive casualties in several battles, pushing out the initial 2 battle groups and then relieving the sieges of Ninki and Morka which had held the line against Gezdiran reinforcements since the outbreak of the war. As of 2345 the war continues with 2 Hiver fleets pushing into heavily populated systems of the Gezdirans.

The Hiver Expanse of 2345 is a populous and extremely diversified entity. Using it's genetic mastery it has transformed several species to serve the needs of the hive. Base Hivers have been altered to be more productive and adaptable to all known climates. The small Hyacinth population, with it's rare psionic potential, flourishes on orbital habitats providing a large portion of the Expanses' research as well as adept admirals for Hiver fleets. Assimilated Gezdirans have been extensively modified into the Hiver Warform, providing a suitable population base for the production of terrifying Gene Warrior Drones with which to conquer new nests. And the Asshole Probers, saved from extinction, have flourished along with their unique brain slug symbiotes within the expanse.

Spoiler:

With the Gezdiran war in hand, and the War in Heaven seemingly coming to a close as the Alshi are poised to wipe out the remaining Dedean enclaves, a single purpose guides the mind of the hive. We will no longer be vassals. The Alshi must be overthrown.
    Last edited by Bentguru; June 13 2018 at 04:17:37 AM.

Altruist AAR Preview:
      Spoiler:

100% War Economy for the entire session.
    A 4 hours non-stop stream of ships going into the grinder of space wars.
    5 planets lost to Nanites. 3 gained from Amrocons. AI sons of bitches took what I/Elriche/Joe should've gained from the FE.
    All my influence spent on Capacity Overloads and Production Targets to keep FEEDING THE BEAST. Nothing left over for habitats.

THE SALT MUST FLOW
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

EVIL ALTRUISTS: 2301 - 2345

Once upon a time, there was a great empire. An empire of hungry butterflies who just wanted a healthy 8 square meals a day. These butterflies had found the best food sources to be the vast populations of other xeno empires. And so they went about their life, snacking on fledgling empires. Eventually they bit off more than they could chew when their rivals ganged up together, and stabilized in a region of space that came to be accepted as theirs. But when those rivals separated, one was eaten up with ease. Then they turned on their last remaining rival, their strongest - the Amrocon Matrix, a nation of robots who believed in preserving xeno life. A veritable breadbasket waiting to be taken by the Altruists.

Then some assholes on the other side of the galaxy opened the L-Gates and let loose a plague of Nanites, a foe the likes of which had never been seen before. And all the Altruists' preparation, planning and progress went up in smoke.

The 2nd Amrocon War and the Nanite Crisis

When the L-Gates were opened around 2300, the Nanite swarms poured through and quickly laid waste to a full Anchorage-Fortress. This drop in fleet capacity caused the Amrocons to believe they had a significant enough advantage over the Altruists, so they launched a war against us. All the while, Nanites poured out of 2 L-Gates in Altruistic space and another 2 in Amrocon space, meaning neither side could make much progress. It was an absolute shit show. This is the story of that shit.

Altruist strategy vs the Amrocons hinged on two defensive choke points: Prohatbar in the north, already fortified from the stand-off with the Asshole Prober Cartel; and Soyun in the south, recently acquired from said Assholes. A fortress was raised there to hold the southern front. Either front would need to be reinforced with additional fleets as they were attacked, while unused fleets on the non-attacked front would launch offensives into Amrocon space.

That strategy didn't go exactly as planned. An early attack on Soyun station was not reinforced with fleets, and the attackers were able to *narrowly* take the system - from attackers of around 15k, down to a motley 977 strong surviving:
      Spoiler:

Mean while, the Nanites poured out of the L-Gate at the Zorikkan Black Hole in the north-east of Altruist space, as far from and Amrocon fronts as possible. They ignored the neighbouring system of Dul Gigil with it's sizable world, and instead went south, to Ferdera A (near the Chan border). The 20 billion Altruists on Ferdera were turned to past by the nanites:
      Spoiler:

The psychic death cry of 20 billion drones sent The Greater Good into a furious rage. All ships and forces were poured into the Amrocon front, needing to end that war one way or another before the Nanites ended us. A great push was launched in the north, up to Gaburh, the next choke point into Amrocon space (and right next door to an L-Gate above Khuteforo's Singularity, from which nanites were tearing down the northern area of Amrocon space). Gaburh changes hands several times, as the Altruists took it, then withdrew to attack elsewhere or repair, only to come back and retake it:
      Spoiler:

The Amrocon fleets had largely withdrawn from the south, leaving the way open for Altruists to relcaim space and push ahead. Medrexsynthje was the next choke point leading to the space, containing a station and also a planet. It was taken and held easily. Finally a Status Quo peace was acheivable - it was taken, despite the border gore in the north.

The Altruist-Nanite Struggle

Altruist fleets immediately turned East to deal with the rampaging nanite swarm, still proceeding southwards. Losses to the Amrocons were replaced with quickly built Corvettes, with many stations being converted to the sole purpose of pumping out ships to fill in the Altruist lines. The Nanites had made it as far south as Criplaaks, and stopped to destroy the world there - another 14 billion drones simply gone:
      Spoiler:

The Nanite swarm continued southwards still, towards a cluster of drone worlds. 3 more planets were laid to ruin, in Krant, Nidira and Siyliv - another 45 billion lost in total. Finally the Altruist fleets arrived at Gandara, the site of a key mineral world, and laid waste to the invasive nanite tempest. With 5 planets of 79 pops lost, the Altruists finally felt something like how their prey usually did - and it filled them with a frevor to fight back; to the very last drone; to the bitter and ruinous end if need be!

The 3 Altruist fleets were reinforced to full capacity of 100 ships and split up to defend the 3 black holes featuring L-gates: Zorikkan in the North (and nearest to more habited planets); Gin Gason's Void in the East (whose nearby planets had already been mostly ruined); and Khuteforo's Singularity in the West (near newly conquered Amrocon space). The defense largely held. Occasionally two Nanite Tempests would pour through one gate and overwhelm the defenders, leading to massive losses, only to be pushed back by recalling the other fleets. Occasionally the Altruists pursued foolish goals in down time between Nanite surges. Reports of total devastation were all too common place. But still the line held; no more planets fell, and the Altruistic war machine replenished and rebuilt the losses at a remarkable rate:
      Spoiler:

It quickly became obvious that the constant fights and replenishment were a waste of minerals, and a distraction from taking more worlds in the main galaxy. Instead of defending 3 separate points, why not combine forces inside the L-Cluster and hold the nanites to a single bottleneck? Finally in 2320, after decades of struggle against the Nanites at home, the Altruists launched their invasion of Nanite space, throwing themselves at the robotic swarm with reckless abandon:
      Spoiler:

By mid 2320, the Altruists had established a foothold in the cluster, having taken Terminal Egress! No more nanites would enter Altruist (or xeno) space:
      Spoiler:

Still, nanites poured into Terminal Egress at a reliable rate, and a non-stop stream of Altruist ships was sent in to replenish the inevitable losses. Progress advancing through the cluster was horribly slow, with scients having many tasks: surveying systems, analyzing wreckage, and exploring neighbouring systems (as vision is restricted in the cluster), all of which were often interrupted by the latest Nanite surge. Still, one by one the neighbouring systems were cleared.

In 2322, not long after establishing our hold on Terminal Egress, the ancient Dedean nation awoke, likely triggered by the far away flailing of the suicidal Illuminbots, who had no compassion for the rest of the galaxy's delicious inhabitants:
      Spoiler:

Several years later, the Hiver Expanse sent their substantial fleets into the L-Cluster to back up the Altruists. Together the two hive minds pushed deep into the Cluster, eventually launching their massed attack on the immense nanite factory:
      Spoiler:

Finally in 2337, 40 years after the foolish Hivers opened the L-Gates, the Nanites had been defeated. The Altruists had borne the brunt of their attack, and had done the heaviest of the fighting in beating them back. The rest of the galaxy would likely never understand just how indebted they were to the Evil Altruists for their actions.
      Spoiler:
    NOBODDY but us Altruists will eat the Galaxy, you slimy gray cunts! GET FUCKED!

The War in Heaven

No sooner had the Nanite threat been defeated than another Fallen Empire, the spiritualist Alshi, awakened and declared a Crusade against the galaxy. They vassalized the entire Galactic south before the Dedeans declared a counter war, the War in Heaven. As Dedean fleets stormed southwards to engage their new enemies, the Altruists were faced with a choice: declare for one side or the other, or stay neutral and band together with like-minded independent nations. Independence was of course chosen, as no ancient overlord would ever hold sway over the Altruist diet! And so the League of Non-Aligned Powers was founded, a federation led by the Amrocons, with the Altruists, Chen, P'Cock, Ispatan and Idemit holding membership. The Amrocons immediately called a vote to kick the Altruists out, which was vetoed by the Ispatans, causing the Amrocons to abandon the league rather than stay in with their hated Altruistic enemies. The Altruists, being clearly the next strongest member, took over leadership.

With the Dedean fleets away south, plans were hastily drawn up to invade their space and cripple their empire. Fleets from the northern 3 nations massed in Ispatan space and a massive attack was launched into Raloy:
      Spoiler:

Raloy quickly fell, and the Non-Aligned continued their push north to Drapeia, the home system of the Dedeans. Altruists led the way, with their formidable invasion force landing to conduct a massive ground campaign on the Font of Knowledge:
      Spoiler:

With massive war exhaustion following the conquest of the Font, the Non-Aligned quickly pushed through as much of the remaining Dedean space as possible. All of the ancestral Dedean space is now under their control, with the Dedeans holding only small tracts conquered from Idemit and the Altruists.

Speaking of the Idemit: the high-kingdom, one of the lesser nations in the League of Non-Aligned Powers, had claimed almost all of Dedean space for themselves. Despite Altruists leading the battles and conducting all the ground invasions, conquests went to their undeserving nation. Worst of all, they had the nerve to deliver contemptuous insults to the noble Altruists:
      Spoiler:

As Idemit will soon find out, there's a special place in hell for any foreign leader that engages in bad faith diplomacy with the Altruists and then tries to stab them in the back after stealing all the spoils of war!

With the Dedeans defeated, the P'Cocks left the League, returning to isolation. The League dominates the north of the galaxy, while the Alshi Crusaders and their vassals occupy the entire south, with a few despicable neutrals in the middle (Amrocons, exterminators and purgers, and three still-sleeping Fallen Empires).
      Spoiler:

Will the Amrocons finally meet their match? Will the Alshi dominance be challenged? What other terrors lie in wait for the galaxy? Stay tuned to see how the Altruists will save the day next!
    Last edited by Brockosaurus; June 13 2018 at 03:02:51 PM.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

P'Cock AAR:

Despicable Neutrality was broken to save the galaxy once, gaining us access to a glorious flagship for our fleets we'd been eyeing for rather a while. After crushing several minor fleets (and one major one) from the Dedean scum, and seeing their end at the hands of the lesser races, we have retreated once again to splendid isolation.

We shall have to see if we can retain this in the face of the massive coalition in the south.

I will not be available this Sunday. Sorry

Germany is playing, so I am out as well.
    nevar forget

Not sure I will make it either since it's father's day here in the US. Lets skip this week and continue next.