hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FHC Stellars #4 MP: Distant Salt!

reapers confirmed

Anyone else suffering massive lags when unlocking L-gate?
    Must say it was underwhelming to say the least, no events, nothing "interesting". Anyone seen anything fun there?

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Must say it was underwhelming to say the least, no events, nothing "interesting". Anyone seen anything fun there?
    There are four different outcomes.

Two are mid / late game crisis that I wont spoil. I had a 60k fleet when I opened it and struggled initally so be warned.

They added lots of really interesting anomaly events that I am a huge fan of. They are worth the price tag alone tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Yer, not just after opening the l-gate though. Late game lag is starting a lot earlier and becomes much worse as the game progresses.

L-cluster lag is supposed to be fixed in a patch next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    L-cluster lag is supposed to be fixed in a patch next week.
    Good that im not just imagining shit

So how salty do you want your MP session to be this time?

neoo gabriel, betrayer of the galaxy

Keeek

Out for this weekend

some of the mods say 2.0, and have a nasty red ! in the mod list in launcher. will they be ok still? they wont end up borking the multiplayer?

Half of the initially outdated mods are already compatible.

wont be able to make it this sunday
    will be disappointed in all of you if neog survives a single session

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    some of the mods say 2.0, and have a nasty red ! in the mod list in launcher. will they be ok still? they wont end up borking the multiplayer?
    you can safely ignore those.

The Hive: 2200 - 2249

Hive local space:
      Spoiler:

The hive reached out into space finding a somewhat oddly shaped hyperspace network with only 3 direct connections to the home system, a small starting constellation, but with several clear avenues of expansion. Unfortunately surveyors quickly found that the immediate systems were lacking in mineral riches. However, energy and technology resources were decent with the exception of society which was significantly higher in average. An early focus on exploration found several suitable worlds (size 24 at a distance, size 16, and size 18) for colonization and luckily only 1 nearby empire.

Initial expansion pushed toward the size 24 world in the Storm of Humsum nebula and south toward the only decent mineral resources found by our surveyors. Contact was eventually made with the artists, the curators, and the Star Dynasty of Zabdarres, fanatic xenophobe spiritualists on the other side of the Humsum nebula. Exploration on the southern wormhole chain eventually uncovered the Garden of Earthly Delights (Fanatic Egal. Spiritualists) at the far end, and the nothernmost chain terminus was found to be blocked off by mining drones, giving the Hive the only access point to roughly 16 systems for the near future. Early priority was focused on pushing the boarders as fast as possible to secure choke point systems and this would be the focus of the hive for the first 30 years of the game.

The explorer drones, given somewhat more independence than usual for their kind, proved to be adept at finding anomalies. Autonomous Drone 47 found a weird, possibly alive ocean on Obetellus II and was oddly insistent that more study was needed, and the system was added to the expansion plan.

Unknown Contact
      Spoiler:

Autonomous Drone 29 found a gaia world phasing in and out of existance...

Spoiler:

and the crew of Seeker Vessel II discovered a signal coming out of a wormhole, surely nothing to worry about.

Spoiler:

Eventually the borders were pushed up to Obetellus and a research station was placed. Upon hearing this news, Autonomous Drone 47 requested a transfer to the station claiming he was "hearing voices", indicating that a review of the autonomous drone initiative may be needed. Nevertheless, we have him permission to go, one drone is the same as the other after all.

Spoiler:

The results were fascinating.

Spoiler:

(I got psionic theory tech from the chain, as a hive mind, lol)

Exploration efforts also eventually yeilded a fancy warship for the hive, although it had an... odd personality.

Spoiler:

Expansion was well in hand by 2230 with a good sized economy and several worlds colonized already or in the process of being colonized. The Star Dynasty of Zabdarres had unfortunately beaten the hive to the majority of the Storm of Humnum nebula, taking several valuable systems in the process, but not before the size 24 world was secured. Tensions rose, exacerbated by the rightful salvage of a ship carrying 300 minerals which were not returned to the Zabdarres when they asked for it. The Hive was preparing for war when word came from the Gardeners that they were being invaded by a massively superior devouring swarm to their north, the Taldpadites. It would be a long voyage, but the prospect of securing the southern border with the Garden and simultaneously preventing the rise of a rival Hive appealed. An exhausting war was fought alongside the Gardeners who struggled to retake the systems lost in the initial months of the war. Initial Hiver fleets were far from resupply and were eventually attributed down and forced to withdraw. The Gardeners were exhausted of war and forced to peace out, however a reinforced Hiver fleet finally arrived and won several battles against the Taldpadites, forcing them back to roughly the original borders before signing a peace. The conquered systems were then handed back to their original owners, and the fleet began the long trek home.

Current borders:
      Spoiler:
    Last edited by Bentguru; May 27 2018 at 09:55:22 PM.

sorry guys i had sashoyjks

THE EVIL ALTRUISTS: 2200-2249

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/...iles&view=grid

The Altruists had established hegemony over their world, but longer for more. They were pushed on by a collective hunger; a thirst - a NEED - to spread further for the Greater Good. In 2200 we finally developed faster-than-light travel techniques and reached out to the stars. We quickly found two empires in our constellation of the Galaxy:
      Spoiler:

Unfortunately our neighbours did not see eye to eye with us, and showed no respect for The Greater Good.I quickly pushed south towards the chokepoint at Zol'Ro, planning to take it and then consolidate my position in the North:
      Spoiler:

With the system secured, I focused on building up my fleets and war decced on the Empire of Erlkhag to my South-West:
      Spoiler:

The Erlkhags stood no chance, losing system after system:
      Spoiler:

In 2220, in the midst of war, we unlocked the Technological Ascendancy perk, to help keep our tech levels up despite our isolation:
      Spoiler:

By 2226, the Altruists had triumphed over the Empire of Erlkhag, opening up vast tracts to the South and South-West for development:
      Spoiler:

As the Altruists took the lay of the land of their newly opened space, they found a terrifying robotic empire to the south-west; one that enslaved organics under the guise of 'serving' them. The Altruists would not stand for that. As we prepared to attack them, our eastern neighbour - the Citizen Coalition of Dul Babyl - declared war on the Kraken empire far to the south. Hearing the cries, we felt sympathy for the pitiful Kraken, and decided to attack Dul Babyl instead in hopes of saving the Kraken:
      Spoiler:

Altruistic fleets spilled east- and south-ward, easily trampling over the Dul Babyl defenses and conquering their worlds (and delicious biomass):
      Spoiler:

Following our conquest of Dul Babyl, we set out to tax the Kraken for their salvation, to the tune of just 7 uninhabited systems (and which would make our borders better mutually-defensible for the future). Unfortunately I did not see that they had made defensive pacts with everyone around me, pulling me into a 3-front war. None the less, Altruism was quickly spread over the desired systems, with a key starbase being reinforced to defend the choke point it sits on. They have so far refused peace, while their defensive allies in the Balsian Divine Foundation harass and contest my recently-taken Dul Babyl space, without launching any real attacks on my planets. Meanwhile the third defensive ally, the Amrocon Matrix, slowly advances towards another fortified bottleneck in Prohatbar.

Will the Kraken accept a reasonable peace? Will the Altruists drive the Balsian and Amrocon invaders back? Stay tuned!
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Save link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsrrbofue9qlzok/MP1.sav?dl=0

For those of you joining next sunday, you will need to delete your stellaris mods and do fresh downloads before the game starts. Your stellaris mod files are here: Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\281990\

claiming the iluminbot grid for next sunday

Are we doing rewards for AARs as was discussed last game? Maybe something like 20-50 influence?
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy