hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Vfive CHOOO CHOOOO IT'S WORLD WAR TWO

+1ing erich, this is what we are butthurt about - perverting real events instead of doing awesome things in alternative history (see: wolfenstein)

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    +1ing erich, this is what we are butthurt about - perverting real events instead of doing awesome things in alternative history (see: wolfenstein)
    apparently the trailer is from coop so thing a bit bad company

I hope they will run a open beta or so so one can try it out.
    I lost a little hope with balancing in bf1. So jumped off that ship. But im willing to give bf v a try

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    I lost a little hope with balancing in bf1. So jumped off that ship. But im willing to give bf v a try
    yeah open beta is a given, and preorders get closed alpha afaik.

what don't you like in the bf1 balancing?

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

My major problem with BF1 is the relative power of vehicles. I've always enjoyed the infantry play more than vehicles, but a skilled FT-17 driver can easily go 50-0 or better and be utterly oppressive, and that's just a single vehicle. Getting shit on by multiple good vehicle drivers isn't fun or engaging for infantry.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Muh realism in BF games
    this

bunch of spergenerds forgetting that this is from the same studio as 2142 and the bad company games.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    apparently the trailer is from coop so thing a bit bad company
    also this

it's not like prosthetics, women in combat or face paint are alternative history, you bunch of dweebs

it's not like half the people complaining even play BF/CoD anymore anyway
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; May 27 2018 at 09:57:24 PM.

oh wow. You guys sure have turned bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post

My major problem with BF1 is the relative power of vehicles. I've always enjoyed the infantry play more than vehicles, but a skilled FT-17 driver can easily go 50-0 or better and be utterly oppressive, and that's just a single vehicle. Getting shit on by multiple good vehicle drivers isn't fun or engaging for infantry.
    I don't know why 3rd-person is still allowed for vehicles. It's thought to be pretty lame for infantry with the obvious awareness crutch it offers, but vehicles get a pass since its been baked into the franchise for so long

If vehicles were constrained by first person the same way infantry were, they might have to use a little awareness and teamwork. Atm its easy as shit to gun down some AT guy you would've never seen without a 3rd person 270 degree view
    Last edited by mewninn; May 27 2018 at 10:20:56 PM.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

I don't know why 3rd-person is still allowed for vehicles. It's thought to be pretty lame for infantry with the obvious awareness crutch it offers, but vehicles get a pass since its been baked into the franchise for so long

If vehicles were constrained by first person the same way infantry were, they might have to use a little awareness and teamwork. Atm its easy as shit to gun down some AT guy you would've never seen without a 3rd person 270 degree view
    Well with the new spotting changes (removal) it'll be slightly harder since you'll actually need to spot the AT unit yourself, instead of just watching the minimap

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

Well with the new spotting changes (removal) it'll be slightly harder since you'll actually need to spot the AT unit yourself, instead of just watching the minimap
    idk, i never used the minimap and was able to stay alive the entire game in a FT-17 more often than not.

but thats not unique to vehicles, i have the same brainlet playstyle with infantry. Its just so much easier in a tank

So TIL Half the internet can't tell the difference between immersive and authentic.

It's more than just third person, but that'd be a start.

Lots of little things add up to really make vehicle power a drag to fight against. Dynamite not sticking to vehicles, requiring you be prone to use the rocket gun (Incidentally making the AA rocket gun mostly useless, as the heavy bombers will be too high to aim at.), allowing vehicles to self-repair with no cooldown, all design decisions specifically tailored to make vehicles more survivable.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

i mean vehicles being murder machines has always been a BF thing (J10 in BF2, party-blackhawk in BC2 etc) but with no guided/lockon's for the first game in ages it is a little harder to 1v1 a tank etc as infantry. not impossible though, 2 AT nades, 1 light AT nade and a rocket goes out in a few seconds and that will fuck most tanks straight up.

2 assaults coordinating rips any tank before they can react in 99% of situations.

i mean vehicles being murder machines has always been a BF thing (J10 in BF2, party-blackhawk in BC2 etc) but with no guided/lockon's for the first game in ages it is a little harder to 1v1 a tank etc as infantry. not impossible though, 2 AT nades, 1 light AT nade and a rocket goes out in a few seconds and that will fuck most tanks straight up.

2 assaults coordinating rips any tank before they can react in 99% of situations.
    Sounds fine tbh, I don't really see why infantry should be able to solo vehicles in BF games

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Muh realism in BF games
    Looking forward to playing as a Black Female 'Braveheart' with a Katana and a hook hand !

Just as my grandpa described his CO.

But yeah this is all wanky bollocks. The only thing that really matters is if the damn thing is fun and manages to innovate.

Wont hold breath.
    The trailer started with the EA logo so i'll let you work out if thats going to be a thing or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Muh realism in BF games
    Looking forward to playing as a Black Female 'Braveheart' with a Katana and a hook hand !

Just as my grandpa described his CO.

But yeah this is all wanky bollocks. The only thing that really matters is if the damn thing is fun and manages to innovate.

Wont hold breath.
    The trailer started with the EA logo so i'll let you work out if thats going to be a thing or not.
    It's not even out yet and you're already bitter?

wew

might have preordered

>months before release: FHC - "It's going to be SHIT"
    >also FHC - "I can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077"

in fairness FHC hasn't really done BF in a big way in ages, not since rami/d2/laythun/me and stuff used to rinse BF3