hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Frostpunk

Frostpunk

Got this last night and didn't sleep. Steampunk when the steam runs out. Game is pretty cool (pun intended).

https://youtu.be/VUaljYfvY6Y
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Why are there no ways for people to work in multiple shifts? Lazy cunts only want to work from 9 to 5 and would rather die of starvation then help build a greater community

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

And I have been banished.

I guess 6 dead children in a coal mine I've entrusted them to run was just a bit too much

laughs in Slovenian

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

I guess 6 dead children in a coal mine I've entrusted them to run was just a bit too much
    Children in a coal mine! That's.. cold!

Grabbed this to try and ween myself off of total war games. It's pretty good as a time sink. Only struggled on the final scenario where too many warm bodies and not enough food provided a vehicle for my banishment (fucking ungreatful feebs). Pushing the community into either religious zealotry or brutal dictatorship seems the easy way out. Trying to get the feckless cretins through the storms without resorting to the relevant end game laws is proving to be a challenge. Even with the generator maxed out the little shits still whine about the cold.

All in all quite a good game. Although it could do with some fleshing out.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post

They're much more efficient than full sized people for running back and forth along the shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post

They're much more efficient than full sized people for running back and forth along the shaft.
    And sliding up and down the shaft. It's a lot easier

laughs in Slovenian

Why are there no ways for people to work in multiple shifts? Lazy cunts only want to work from 9 to 5 and would rather die of starvation then help build a greater community
    For this kind of scenario, that is a realy strange mechanic.

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    The workers are all marxist proles and can't foresee their impending doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    You can extend the shifts with an unlock. You can get them working at 24h shift which increases descent. Allowing them to work rotating shifts nullifies both game features. The whole game is about tradeoffs and picking the least worst option.

And now my people want to leave for Londonistan

I guess it'll solve a lot of food and healthcare problems. I would rather shoot them than have them leave my little colony but game doesnt allow me to do that

laughs in Slovenian

I guess it'll solve a lot of food and healthcare problems. I would rather shoot them than have them leave my little colony but game doesnt allow me to do that
    How does beating them to death with religious zealotry take you? Or possibly strong arming them into obedience with a healthy dose of 'do it or else'? You get to choose, either way there may be some claret spattered about the place ..... but the kids can clean that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post

How does beating them to death with religious zealotry take you? Or possibly strong arming them into obedience with a healthy dose of 'do it or else'? You get to choose, either way there may be some claret spattered about the place ..... but the kids can clean that up.
    My people arent religious. We have propaganda stations with many many guard outposts.

Btw Londonistanis wanted to leave but my guards held them down and in riots managed to kill 13 and injure 49

I'm literally building communism in a frozen wasteland

:thinkingspinner:

laughs in Slovenian

My people arent religious. We have propaganda stations with many many guard outposts.

Btw Londonistanis wanted to leave but my guards held them down and in riots managed to kill 13 and injure 49

Putin would be proud! /wipes away tear.

I've tried both the extremes... would be nice if the game made more of the rocky path it allows us to travel down.

Putin would be proud! /wipes away tear.

I've tried both the extremes... would be nice if the game made more of the rocky path it allows us to travel down.
    I havent played that much and I'm still on the 1st scenario. I just want to see how it plays out in the end when the real cold kick in. Right now I've got a frozen Soviet Union going on at my place

I havent really liked games like this one before and I must say I really like it

laughs in Slovenian

I thought i'd fucked up my first run of this, then we lived, and later I saw this thread.

Entered THE END with 563 people, 62 ill, 12 seriously, and chilled out laws (I never actually unlocked the extra shifts, because i'm a moron), with my kids working in my hothouses and nowhere else (warmer than their houses...).

402 survived, 401 were starving (1 was just hungry), 360 ill, 310 seriously. Feelsgoodman.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    You can unlock that via the book of laws

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    I thought i'd fucked up my first run of this, then we lived, and later I saw this thread.

Entered THE END with 563 people, 62 ill, 12 seriously, and chilled out laws (I never actually unlocked the extra shifts, because i'm a moron), with my kids working in my hothouses and nowhere else (warmer than their houses...).

402 survived, 401 were starving (1 was just hungry), 360 ill, 310 seriously. Feelsgoodman.
    Due to the number of deaths I had in the days before the end, and the number of people banished.. I actually had a good time at the end. I only had a dozen people actually die and finished with over 450 peeps (and I didn't force the kids to work). Still had food left.