hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: I started playing Tanks again

I started playing Tanks again

I don't know what made me do it but I re-installed WoT (after finding out that blitz is not the same as the version I used to play). I still have all of my stuff and apparently I got all of the bonuses they have been handing out over the years. There are like 8 countries now and I'm nowhere near getting any of them to level 10..

Game is still a lot of fun and I honestly cant remember why I stopped playing it in the first place. I am however fucking terrible at the game once more, except I have some tier 8 stuff to be terrible in..

Now I get to grind for my IS again! yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

I take it you're on the SEA server?

The IS as well as the IS-3 are still glorious tanks with a punchy gun, decent mobility and armour. Just remember, higher tiers (8+) can be unforgiving so brush up on some game mechanics and find your tempo.

While that added some really odd things like the jap heavies shooting premium HE shells which do more damage than the normal one and the absurd thing that is the Object 268 Version 4 they either a) start listening to feedback b) or see that they are losing players because of it. With the next patch it won`t be possible anymore to buy premium ammo with gold as a first step to rebalance the whole idea. i just hope they roll with a simple trade off giving you better pen for less damage per shot. This would also encourage learning and aiming for weak spots, if the tank has any on front.

The IS route up to the IS-7 is still good.

Good to know im still doing the right thing as far as the grind goes.. I still have my KV-5 but its not anywhere near as bouncy as it used to be.. I also noticed its not in the tech tree.. My KV-4 desperately needs the gun upgrade (and engine upgrade) because almost every shot is bouncing.. Literally don't even bother with AP anymore, just load HE from the start because it utterly destroys smaller tanks with the criticals and is the only way I can put any damage on the heavier tanks.. I'm sure with the new gun (which im apparently oh so close to) this will all change.

KV-13 and T-43 are the tanks I should be grinding because the KV-13 gives me the IS line (properly, KV-4 will give me the ST-1 and IS3) and the T-43 is fun as fuck. I can only imagine the T-44 is even more fun.

I have been reading up. A lot of the older premium tanks have not been doing so well. They haven't been nerfed as such, but the mechanics have been changing around them and they haven't been getting adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Good to know im still doing the right thing as far as the grind goes.. I still have my KV-5 but its not anywhere near as bouncy as it used to be.. I also noticed its not in the tech tree.. My KV-4 desperately needs the gun upgrade (and engine upgrade) because almost every shot is bouncing.. Literally don't even bother with AP anymore, just load HE from the start because it utterly destroys smaller tanks with the criticals and is the only way I can put any damage on the heavier tanks.. I'm sure with the new gun (which im apparently oh so close to) this will all change.

KV-13 and T-43 are the tanks I should be grinding because the KV-13 gives me the IS line (properly, KV-4 will give me the ST-1 and IS3) and the T-43 is fun as fuck. I can only imagine the T-44 is even more fun.
    Welcome back!

I have my KV-5 as well which is painful in today's meta, with its 168mm standard pen - but fear not, KV-5 and rest of old prem mm are next on the chopping block to be buffed/re-balanced. Im close to second marking my KV-5, relying on: not playing it as heavy .

I shoot mediums and lights, ramm people for 300-600 dmg depending of slope, and rape softs with my DPM. Thing is, people NEVER REALLY knew how fast KV-5 reloads. And now, even less people know due to them being so rare.

KV-4 i enjoyed (in top configuration) very much, i found the gun really workable and did not get all the crying and whining on forums and reddit. I assume it was much better in previous meta, than when i played it, bud i had 0 problems with it. How it works today in World of defenders, vk100s and type4/5s i dont know - probably worse, but it is what it is.

KV-13 i never had, because it was between lines back then, i heard good things about it (back then).

T-44 is a beast now, fresh under the hammer with buffs, you will enjoy it.

How do u like new rendering engine?

Kv-13 was a "funky angles" bouncing machine when I played it but that was a Long time Ago and powercreep has set in. The T-43 was a fun tank for me. Curling Is-3's and ammoracking Them was that tanks thing.

Enjoyed Them both.

I enjoyed