hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: The real reasons player population is declining

Um, what? When I started playing there were only a couple of valid ships per class. Hell if you flew any frigate other than a Rifter you were pretty much retarded.

I'm sure there are plenty of min/maxed setups, but now tons of ships are actually viable depending on the situation. But more importantly it is much easier for people to test, share and perfect ship fits. How is that a bad thing? What EVE really at its best when MY RAVEN WAS FIT WITH THE FOLLOWING?

There are still plenty of dudes engaging and tearing apart defense fleets. You just can't roll into someone home system in a nano gang and get mad if they undock a fucking arty cane fleet to get rid of you.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Um, what? When I started playing there were only a couple of valid ships per class. Hell if you flew any frigate other than a Rifter you were pretty much retarded.

I'm sure there are plenty of min/maxed setups, but now tons of ships are actually viable depending on the situation. But more importantly it is much easier for people to test, share and perfect ship fits. How is that a bad thing? What EVE really at its best when MY RAVEN WAS FIT WITH THE FOLLOWING?

There are still plenty of dudes engaging and tearing apart defense fleets. You just can't roll into someone home system in a nano gang and get mad if they undock a fucking arty cane fleet to get rid of you.
    When I last played the variety still wasn't there. Sure you could play a buffed Deimos, but why not play a Gila of either the buffer or ancil variety and do everything better. Ditto with Orthrus and any competitors like cynabal, zealot, vagabond.

The only area where variety actually improved were the frigates and destroyers. But those were meh at best for me. Never liked frigate oriented combat

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

When I last played the variety still wasn't there. Sure you could play a buffed Deimos, but why not play a Gila of either the buffer or ancil variety and do everything better. Ditto with Orthrus and any competitors like cynabal, zealot, vagabond.

The only area where variety actually improved were the frigates and destroyers. But those were meh at best for me. Never liked frigate oriented combat
    Frigate oriented combat was serious fun in Red versus Blue, but beyond that the kill curves pretty much negated room for it outside of very specific niches.

Kinda miss the RvB of old.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Not to mention that there were whole classes where there wasn't much viability.

And races. Oh, you rolled Caldari? Good luck trying to get the FC to welcome you into the fleet with anything until you've trained into Falcons. And then not much after that either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

drakefleet best fleet. Was a good way to collect several drunken finns from high sec and go own some bads in badly coordinated kitchen sink fleets, as all of the high sec people could fly one.

That came later
    I love Malcanis!

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    old men ...
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

While Drakes where initially considered laughable by most, pirates like Tiller welcomed them right from the offset since they could tank gate guns all day with no fucks. I can't remember when they became accepted as good doctrine ships but they have proven almost as un-nerfable as Domis.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Think it was in 08? When missiles were rebalanced which was either after it or part of the nano Nerf.

Then again they always had that hidden ability of being the last thing to be called primary so you got to watch all your friends die which was fun

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    While Drakes where initially considered laughable by most, pirates like Tiller welcomed them right from the offset since they could tank gate guns all day with no fucks. I can't remember when they became accepted as good doctrine ships but they have proven almost as un-nerfable as Domis.
    What? They've been nerfed at least 3 times and Drake fleets are a memory now.
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    What? They've been nerfed at least 3 times and Drake fleets are a memory now.
    Navy Drake with skirmish link is pretty good tho.