hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jurassic World Evolution

Jurassic World Evolution

DINOSAURS!

Spoiler:
    If you're reading this, pretty videos of dinosaurs apparently aren't enough for you, you filthy degenerate. The guys behind Planet Coaster have been working on another park management game set in the Jurassic Park/Jurassic World universe; early gameplay footage makes it seem like they're aware of some of the criticisms of Planet Coaster and have incorporated that feedback into Jurassic World accordingly. I rather enjoyed Planet Coaster, and the early gameplay reviews for this look extremely enjoyable as well. Release is currently set for 12 June.

Now bad@botes

This actually looks awesome. The Mrs will LOVE it she fucking LOVES dinosaurs/Jurassic park

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Amaze

E: D landable earthlikes prototype hopefully

Oh planet coaster dudes? Yeah I expect this to be brilliant now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I feel they are rushing it to meet the movie premiere deadline but I have no doubt they will patch in following few months to greatness.

We are less than a month out from dinosaurs.

Now bad@botes

Word on the street is it's too simplistic, and buries you in useless UI data.
    "managing dinosaurs is cool for a bit, but ultimately the game is too shallow to keep attention for long."
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

See my previous post. Hopefully they won't charge for feature patches.

As (almost) always, Ars Technica sums it up nicely and with a spin in its headline of the review:
    Jurassic World Evolution review: Genetic dead ends

This park management sim starts strong but fails to evolve.
    From the YT vids I've watched, it has pretty nice graphics, some cute features you play a couple of times (drive the jeep/fly the heli yourself) before delegating it to the AI. And that's about it, the game play itself gets repetitive pretty fast: dig out new genes, modify those, incubate new dinos. Everything else in there is out of the standard sim game handbook: research new <x>, build new <x> or upgrade existing <y> to <x>

They've also overdone the voice commentary from the different actors IMHO. Gets annoying pretty fast and there doesn't seem to be a way to mute/skip/deactivate those. Yeah, I get it: you hired Jeff Goldblum et al and presumably want to get as much out of them as possible, but still ...

it's really weird that the potential of this license in a park management setting doesn't seem to be even acknowledged. think about it, why would you bother to make all this dumb shit like flying the helicopter or driving a jeep when "accidentally" letting your T-Rex out to nom on tourists or a badly designed raptor ben that occasionally has a kid fall into it are in the cards. Hell what about dino fighting, TODAY ONLY T-Rex vs Spinosaur!

Quite.

"Shitty park management movie license cash-in game fails to deliver"
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    "Shitty park management movie license cash-in game fails to deliver"
    I wouldn't say it its 'shit' per se. I've seen far worse sim games. But it doesn't stand up to the expectations to which it was hyped before release. And it's nowhere near worth the current price tag.

"Cash grab video game based on movie franchise IP is somehow not very good"

Why are people shocked?

Saying that, I actually really enjoyed the Mad Max game that came out a few years ago, did just enough stuff right to be a thoroughly enjoyable play through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    "Cash grab video game based on movie franchise IP is somehow not very good"

Why are people shocked?

Saying that, I actually really enjoyed the Mad Max game that came out a few years ago, did just enough stuff right to be a thoroughly enjoyable play through.
    I'm not so much shocked as baffled. It's like the easiest possible home run, fat and slow right down the plate but they didn't even swing at it, they just stood there like a retard and stared at it. There's just no reason to be this bad, even normal incompetence doesn't explain what happened here. This is truly inspired retardation.

It’s not that bad, just a bit too shallow. With a couple of good patches it’d be pretty good but don’t buy it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    It’s not that bad, just a bit too shallow. With a couple of good patches it’d be pretty good but don’t buy it right now.
    Completely agreed. They could of made money mean more in the game, right now it seems like the only thing that slows progress unlocking genomes for quests. Also, the monorail track layout system kinda sucks, but overall, I'm enjoying my play through. It's not a game you will play through again, but I wouldn't consider it a waste of money.

no guys, remember if it's not 10/10 then the devs are literally retards and/or hitler

I'm not even looking for 10/10 I play dwarf fortress for fucks sake. I'm just saying every single Jurassic park if full of people getting nommed on by dinosaurs and then they made a Jurassic park simulator where no one get's eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    I'm not even looking for 10/10 I play dwarf fortress for fucks sake. I'm just saying every single Jurassic park if full of people getting nommed on by dinosaurs and then they made a Jurassic park simulator where no one get's eaten.
    They do though. If/when the dinos escape they eat people exactly as per the movies.
    Why wouldn’t they?