hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: [Thursday] Last day

[Thursday] Last day

Got Friday off to do a few chores and watch a play so tomorrow is the last day bois!
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Got Friday off to do a few chores and watch a play so tomorrow is the last day bois!
    Last day forever?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Usually I'm all like "fuck mondays", but fuck today for crampy diarrhoea and vomiting and fevers. FML.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Usually I'm all like "fuck mondays", but fuck today for crampy diarrhoea and vomiting and fevers. FML.
    Infection control at your hospital needs to step up its game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Infection control at your hospital needs to step up its game.
    I'm p. sure it's food poisoning tbqfh, doesn't make it less of a shitstorm (literally).

Btw, funfact, infection control is so anal about NOT wearing scrubs (it makes sense if you try to flail around the whole hospital in your ITU or theatre scrubs), however. If anybody else wears scrubs we get slam dunked into "nope". Instead, we need to dress smart (i.e. shirt, cloth trousers). I mean, who the hell washes their Armani or Pierre Cardin shirt in 90*C for 2-3 hours every day? Or even the cheap ones. Because that's what you need to do to to keep it reasonably clean (scrubs are put in autoclaves daily usually, same with bedsheets and what not, nothing survives that except the cloth). We are not allowed to wear white overcoats (beats me why not).

I do agree with a lot of stuff I didn't at first - like bare below the elbows - because I love my wrist watches. However, I think it's a small price to pay to make sure other people (generally women) ditch their rings and bracelets (it's never just one bracelet) when coming into work. You don't want a PR exam when the doctor has rings with huge rocks on them (saw it, noped the fuck out of the prostate exam) or somebody catching your i.v. line with their buddhist monument that's on their wrist.

But sincerely, fml, let me wear scrubs to work. Each time I do, I wash them daily in 90*C for 2-3 hours (which is roughly equivalent to the autoclave time of 1h), which makes them squeaky clean. Manages to even wash out all the blood and other human secretions you pick up during an average day
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

The firealarm in this office is tested twice a week and each test lasts about 2 minutes.

It's so fucking annoying. They test it at 10am as well which means it almost always interrupts calls and meetings.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I made apple & garam masala muffins. Om, nom, nom.

Oh shit, I just made an offer to buy a flat that's in need of total renovation. Biting nails, wondering if I end up getting it; at least the offer is good.

On the bright side, I could then start contributing to the DIY masterclass thread!

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

Got a little over 2 feet of snow since just after midnight on Wednesday. It finally stopped, so now comes the joy of digging out

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

fuck today.

so many people phoning up with issues that require input from "people in the know" (ie the people who bodged some of these systems together, but left no documentation on how the fucking things actually work).

and they aren't available because they are busy screaming themselves into a coma over other issues. fml.

... like bare below the elbows ... prostate exam
    Nope.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    ... like bare below the elbows ... prostate exam
    Nope.
    We need to go deeper.