hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: [Thursday] SHIELDS TO MAXIMUM

[Thursday] SHIELDS TO MAXIMUM

The guards should colour in the whiteboard so it's a massive austrian flag, tie a rope to one end and just pull it next time, so it drifts serenely across the corridor on demand.

In other news, I dropped the kids off at the pool this morning, flushed successfully and prematurely congratulated myself on a job well done.
    Unfortunately the toilet didn't stop flushing. It kept going long after the necessary had been achieved, although it did slow to a trickle which I'm guessing is cistern fill speed.

Naturally the maniac who installed this bathroom (previous owner) made it a concealed cistern with no apparent access.

Also there appear to be no plumbers around in the UK right now. Phoned a bunch and most didn't pick up - presumably fighting off yetis in the 2cm snowdrift hellscape that is the outside right now - and the rest are busy until next week.

For fucks sake.

Manual flushing with a bucket like some sort of peasant it is then.

TLDR on wtf is going on in Aussieland that justifies that sort of farce ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Check check FC I just baked a sponge cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    The guards should colour in the whiteboard so it's a massive austrian flag, tie a rope to one end and just pull it next time, so it drifts serenely across the corridor on demand.

In other news, I dropped the kids off at the pool this morning, flushed successfully and prematurely congratulated myself on a job well done.
    Unfortunately the toilet didn't stop flushing. It kept going long after the necessary had been achieved, although it did slow to a trickle which I'm guessing is cistern fill speed.

Naturally the maniac who installed this bathroom (previous owner) made it a concealed cistern with no apparent access.

Also there appear to be no plumbers around in the UK right now. Phoned a bunch and most didn't pick up - presumably fighting off yetis in the 2cm snowdrift hellscape that is the outside right now - and the rest are busy until next week.

For fucks sake.

is cistern in loft space? super easy to fix, either adjust chain attached to flapper (or replace) or adjust float. you'll never get a plumber during a cold snap, as all the retards who never service their boiler suddenly find they have issues when they crank the central heating up. (or frozen pipes etc).

*feeling smug about full service in autumn*

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Check check FC I just baked a sponge cake.
    Check check pilot requesting pictures and/or a slice please confirm over

Derpin from Chinaphone
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    went to shop in the village (10mins trudge in boots!) to get bread & milk. no bread or milk in the shop, no bread or milk in the other shop (only two shops) so came home with a bottle of wine and some sausages instead.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    went to shop in the village (10mins trudge in boots!) to get bread & milk. no bread or milk in the shop, no bread or milk in the other shop (only two shops) so came home with a bottle of wine and some sausages instead.
    Sorted mate

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post

For fucks sake.

is cistern in loft space? super easy to fix, either adjust chain attached to flapper (or replace) or adjust float. you'll never get a plumber during a cold snap, as all the retards who never service their boiler suddenly find they have issues when they crank the central heating up. (or frozen pipes etc).

*feeling smug about full service in autumn*
    Nah, it's behind the porcelain throne, but built into the wall and tiled to fuck.
    Got into it though and found the isolation valve, so can just turn it off when not in use for now and sort it out properly next week.

That's your story and you're sticking to it.

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Friday now, but :daythreads: I guess.

So the Nor'Easter/Bombogenesis/Bomb Cyclone.....just ripped off part of my roof.

Scary shit this, sustained winds in the 60's mph last night, 40's today. Won't die down for realsies till mid tomorrow.

Missing the snow (yay), but wind if tearing shit up.

Meh.

Got like 9 inches of snow now and more to come. In lieu of Hope and prayers, please send milk and eggs

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Got like 9 inches of snow now and more to come. In lieu of Hope and prayers, please send milk and eggs

Wine and cigs are also acceptable

Walking to midterms in wind going 20-60 -_-