hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Into the Breach Strategy game from the studio that made FTL

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hels View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    I found that a trio of that first Prime bot you start out with makes a pretty solid team, Medium difficulty was a breeze
    You can do multiples?
    lol

Just punch everything?
    Yeah just form a custom squad right from the beginning - get some proper pilots and upgrades and you basically can just stroll through the game
    Amazing.

But it isn't fun with no challenge

36/55

The 30min one was quite exhausting on normal, refusing to use easy for this. Also got the no weapon mods and no changed loadout done, last one together with a punching same mech custom squad.

Of the main achievements I am missing only the complete victory, hard victory and the destroy all timepods one...
    List:
      Spoiler:

And only 3 pilots still missing from complete set.
      Spoiler:

How did you get 3 punchy bots to work? Almost no control - maybe I'm too reliant on my arty crutch to move stuff around in the backline.

Anyway all of you are wrong - Flame squad clearly the best

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    How did you get 3 punchy bots to work? Almost no control - maybe I'm too reliant on my arty crutch to move stuff around in the backline.

I just beat the game with three laser mechs. Kill all of the things.

Get dash on the punches, and they also push with the punches, line the enemies up and let the collision damage help.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post

Get dash on the punches, and they also push with the punches, line the enemies up and let the collision damage help.
    Also get the dude who can attack twice, cuz attacks like dash don't count as moving. Or get the dude who can move again after attacking.

Also, triple ice mechs and triple rock throwers are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    My grades might suffer.
    I was right. Fuck.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

I am having issues making the Blitzkrieg squad work, the electric whip help as much as it fucks you over.

Quote Originally Posted by Levark View Post
    I am having issues making the Blitzkrieg squad work, the electric whip help as much as it fucks you over.
    The whip takes some practice. Get the perk that lets it chain through buildings without damaging them, and remember that rocks from the arty can be used to conduct. Also, the grapple tank has armor to minimize the damage it takes from the whip.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Quote Originally Posted by Levark View Post
    The whip takes some practice. Get the perk that lets it chain through buildings without damaging them, and remember that rocks from the arty can be used to conduct. Also, the grapple tank has armor to minimize the damage it takes from the whip.
    Yeah, and the tank can pull an additional enemy into the whip-chain also. And the rock can be used to block shots and spawns. You just need to realize that any missions where you are supposed to protect npc's aren't going to happen ever...

In other news got the hazard mech squad done in one run, all their achievements and the victory, also picked up two of the missing time travellers along the way, now only missin the bottom left one.

41/55 on the achievements, 6/10 of victories.. the ice squad is completely untouched, have had few fails on the steel judo one and then need the win on fire squad and then the random squad... starting to get there...
      Spoiler:
    Last edited by depili; March 5 2018 at 08:52:17 PM.

Steel Judo Squad is what I unlocked at 6am. They seem awesome, cant wait for my next session.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

I love these guys, I really really hope they make more games because I'll still play FTL whenever I think of it and this is already a top favorite.

the ice squad is completely untouched,
    Ice squad is one of the best in the game once you do one thing: Put Bethany in the ice mech. The shield stops it from freezing itself. Now you can freeze a baddie or something that needs protection every single turn.

Like the train. Freeze the train and it doesn't move and you just have to protect it where it is.

the ice squad is completely untouched,
    Ice squad is one of the best in the game once you do one thing: Put Bethany in the ice mech. The shield stops it from freezing itself. Now you can freeze a baddie or something that needs protection every single turn.

Like the train. Freeze the train and it doesn't move and you just have to protect it where it is.
    Genius.

Shield also blocks fire.

I can recommend this game.

Also, difficult modes are very well balanced. Easy maybe too easy, but enjoyable.

I am done with easy mode. Good for learning the mechanics and unlocking a few squads. Now time to man up*

*Might go back to easy to complete a couple of specific achievements.

Also. This is the only game I give a shit about achievements for since they are not lazy additions that do nothing and actually contribute to the unlocks as well as generate content other than achieving lazy milestones.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Seems to be a lot of dismay with Steel Joduka but I'm loving them at the minute - lots of control, just don't do "Break structures out of Ice missions" and be wary of worms.

Completed most of the squads now, just to do Zenith Guard, Ice Guys and Hazardous dudes.

Flame Squad still the most fun IMO

the hazard squad is really fun.

43/55 on the achievements, did a first real run on the ice squad, with a proper pilot it is quite easy one.
    Now only needing wins on steel judokas and the random squad for the win with all squads achievement. Still the hard victory to do and the destroy all timepods challenge and few squad achievements, but slowly getting there. Also considering changing to hard for now.

46/55 Switched to hard. After few multifails got my first hard victory on the rusting hulks (3 island game). Got smoke pellets and kickoff boosters and three nice pilots, the +3 move on first turn one, the immune to smoke and webbing one (really nice on the flying mech) and the can move thru enemies one that I started with (should really have chosen the smoke immunity.. oh well).

Need only everything on the random squad, the long dash from rift walkers, the block 4 enemies one on the blitz, destroy pods challenge (might need to do that on something other than hard...), flying and same type on custom and a victory on random squad... And still missing the last pilot.

I have come to the firm belief that optimal pilot has mech reactor and mech move, and generally on most things move > reactor > hp >>> grid defence.
    Last edited by depili; March 10 2018 at 10:27:00 PM.