hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Dev Blog] March Sovereignty, Cap Jumping, & Tethering Changes (Fatigue Reduced 95%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    It really feels like CCP has capitulated on Jump Fatigue. It's not eliminating it entirely (thankfully), but I worry about unintended consequences in the hands of master theorycrafters.
    What, like content generation?

When I logged in the past few days I found out (was told, mostly) that there are no more "few against the many" groups because all the tools used by the little guys to punch way above their weight have gone. Combat refitting being one of them. Triage nerfs. Pigeonholing FAX into heal only, whereas an Archon was so much more than a healbot. And yes, jump changes and fatigue helped put a nail in that too.
    Content generation is now just pre arranged fights between nullsec groups with too many super capitals to fight at once without the server shitting itself.

CCP can tinker around the edges but nothing will get better without drastic change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Thing is one of the best content generators there was (POSes) are gone. What's conflict driven by nowadays? Genuine question.

Because FW conflict drivers are moot, getting stations with agents. POCOs are long gone as conflict drivers.

Usually it was RF tower -> people form up to rep (or not) -> fite (or POS bash) +/- other stuffs.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Oh man I remember catching MACTEP multiboxing 12 supers bashing one of our jump bridge POS in the halloween war, we burned through every dictor in our alliance hanger keeping them locked down while NCdot bridged over.

Good times.

No idea what drives conflict now. I had good fun in DnG stopping Minmatar militia from getting total warzone control for a few months. Some of the plex fights around Huola were great fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Warzone control is irrelevant, I meant meaningful conflict drivers. I was in galmil when we achieved total dominance over the war zone, got medal, been there, done that, inside a couple months calmil got stuff back.

I'm over the part where hundreds of cheap deplexing frig kills were meaningful. Issue is nowadays supers appear to be ubiquitous and cheap, therefore losing one is far from what it used to be. Not even heists are as meaningful nowadays, apparently.

Like really, suicide titans appear to be a thing. Wtf.

Citadels offer massive defensive advantages so nobody is really shooting them as they used to shoot POSes. No more passive moon income means no more forcing timers when you want because everybody is putting vulnerability timers at fuckoff o'clock and mining means...

Oh, forget it. If the march patch doesn't shake shit up I'm back to winning EvE I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drain all accounts to zero isk, and convert all ships to rifters.

I would honestly convert all the ships to a Ragnarok then gloriously do drive-bys until some lucky punk catches me and kills me, but I'm not keen on dying to 500 supers. Small gang? Yeah, not bothered.

It really feels like CCP has capitulated on Jump Fatigue. It's not eliminating it entirely (thankfully), but I worry about unintended consequences in the hands of master theorycrafters.

When I logged in the past few days I found out (was told, mostly) that there are no more "few against the many" groups because all the tools used by the little guys to punch way above their weight have gone. Combat refitting being one of them. Triage nerfs. Pigeonholing FAX into heal only, whereas an Archon was so much more than a healbot. And yes, jump changes and fatigue helped put a nail in that too.
    Those same tools were used by "the many" guys to punch way below their belt to crush "the few" and to great effect. If you're referring to gang links remember that it became so mandatory that no one would undock without their links, thus nullifying any advantage an opposing small gang would have. Same goes for combat/triage carriers. What small gangs can do is hit and run stuff. Most large groups can't deal with that because to them, they are not effective until they have reached critical mass and dealing with a small gang with a small gang of their own results in them getting constantly outplayed. They have little to no experience bringing a small gang to full effectiveness. What is unfortunate is a small group means nothing if the large group just docks up until they get their big blob ready. In many ways it's one of the reasons why I wanted some changes made to how the targeting system works. That way a group with a huge logi backbone is still engaged by a small gang instead of it being pointless. Sure the small gang would most likely lose due to the numbers game, but they would at least be able to get kills instead of not getting any. Not to mention it would dramatically shake up how fleet fights work and result in the death of the F1 monkey.

But the people who still play these days don't like big changes like that. They game mechanics to stay the same. They do want changes brought to the game to hurt their enemy as long as it does not hurt how they play the game. The old, "Nerf their playstyle and buff mine!" The player base is too old and set in their ways to introduce anything game changing like what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post

But the people who still play these days don't like big changes like that. They game mechanics to stay the same. They do want changes brought to the game to hurt their enemy as long as it does not hurt how they play the game. The old, "Nerf their playstyle and buff mine!" The player base is too old and set in their ways to introduce anything game changing like what I want.
    'Be the change that you wish to see in the world.' ?

This player at least likes change as long as it conforms with vision of the game.
    Last edited by Meester; March 4 2018 at 05:16:09 AM.

Those same tools were used by "the many" guys to punch way below their belt to crush "the few" and to great effect. If you're referring to gang links remember that it became so mandatory that no one would undock without their links, thus nullifying any advantage an opposing small gang would have. Same goes for combat/triage carriers. What small gangs can do is hit and run stuff. Most large groups can't deal with that because to them, they are not effective until they have reached critical mass and dealing with a small gang with a small gang of their own results in them getting constantly outplayed. They have little to no experience bringing a small gang to full effectiveness. What is unfortunate is a small group means nothing if the large group just docks up until they get their big blob ready. In many ways it's one of the reasons why I wanted some changes made to how the targeting system works. That way a group with a huge logi backbone is still engaged by a small gang instead of it being pointless. Sure the small gang would most likely lose due to the numbers game, but they would at least be able to get kills instead of not getting any. Not to mention it would dramatically shake up how fleet fights work and result in the death of the F1 monkey.

I agree to a certain extent with you, however I doubt that line members in carrier blobs would combat refit. Combat refitting was something that massively helped the smaller size of the engagement. So were ghosted HICs (unsure if this is still possible).

Instead, now there are capital mods, so instead of trying to work around challenges we just fit supers like bigger battleships. Such variation, much choices, wow.

Found assault suitcases. Bandaids on top of slash wounds. They seem interesting enough, though.

I've been struggling to find reasons for conflict in the current evescape and as much as I've hated it, it doesn't look that bleak as it first seemed. There still are lots of ways of stepping on people's toes and stuff to burn down. However there are not a lot of small groups around whose toes to step on, and the big groups are even bigger than they used to be.

Well, bigger they are... We'll see.

I know that at least PL and BL used combat refitting with their capital blobs, BL even refitted some non-cap fleets on the move via jumped in capitals or depots. Sometimes BL jumped in suicide triage carriers to refit the caps from mjmd to mwd or vice versa.

Get ready to return to the big blue doughnut, and nobody but PL using caps because you can make it across the universe easily again with your supers. With the entosis changes you can count on the big blocks dropping Damnations and Apostles on every node and being invulnerable.

We still do few vs many as often as we can find the many, and we had a great time using the 250km t2 entosis in nullsec to force fights.
    Last edited by OrangeAfroMan; March 5 2018 at 04:08:10 AM.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Get ready to return to the big blue doughnut, and nobody but PL using caps because you can make it across the universe easily again with your supers. With the entosis changes you can count on the big blocks dropping Damnations and Apostles on every node and being invulnerable.

We still do few vs many as often as we can find the many, and we had a great time using the 250km t2 entosis in nullsec to force fights.
    You're dumb.

Now bad@botes

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The CSM will never change the game for the better as long as it is dominated by nullsec power blocs.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

March Patch Notes
    Shuttles and pods now have 90% fatigue reduction bonus for bridging.
    lol