hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Laws and Gun Rights Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Can't let the kids get too used to the idea of peaceful protest at a young age. They might start thinking for themselves and wanting a change to the status quo
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    tbh I'm personally totally conflicted on this issue

i find guns cool and would love to be able to have one for target shooting, hunting or in the WORST CASE SCENARIO which I think is unlikely to ever happen, self defense

on the other hand, giving everyone access to guns is a surefire way to just fucking wreck civilization as we know it

how to regulate that only the "good guys" have guns is a problem i cannot think any realistic solution for

the current situation in the US is the result of having a policy that is oriented towards everyone having guns and anybody sane can see how that's working out
    You have to have some really serious issues to not get a gun in yank land. Like being really bad (no criminal).
    This tbh is a big part of the problem and its truly a difficult one to solve well. Basically aside from the usual means of being barred from possession a weapon, such as being convicted of a violent felony or serious drug charge, or have been committed to an asylum against your will, the government has no real way of knowing who shouldn't have a gun. Due to the terms of HIPAA, Mental health care providers are legally barred from approaching authorities unless you issue a specific threat against someone or your self. You could be a violent sociopath who has harmed animals and even people your entire life, but as long as you do not tell your shrink "I Want to kill X" where X is yourself or a specific individual, they cannot do anything, and can even be sued and lose their license for doing so.

There has also been a lot in the news lately about how Trump stop the implementation of the law that Obama enacted that prevented people who have mental health issues from owning fire arms. I thought it was insane move but when I actually read through the text of what the law was and who it actually banned from owning a firearm, its was actually pointless and clearly discriminatory and feel good law [which is why the ACLU of all folks fought against it]. It barred people who receive mental health benefits through Social Security Assistance from owning guns on that basis alone. Personally, I am far less concerned about an old timer who cant live alone or someone with Alzheimer's owning a gun than someone who is young and angry that the system is blind to.

So to me it is quite a quagmire that we have here, trying to balance the rights of the many both with respects to their right to own a firearm and their right to privacy with their healthcare providers and I don't see any clear cut solution to it. We're clearly on one side of the pendulum where we err to much to respecting the individuals 2nd amendment rights and that should change. But we must be cautious swinging in the opposite way in that we are not discriminating against people who have issues, issues that are often temporary or can be managed and worked out. The last thing we want to do is further ostracize an already vulnerable segment of the population and discourage them from getting the help they need.
    I would respectively disagree with this having seeing the nicest most gentle grandfather on the gf's side develop dementia and regularly hit his wife because he was scared and confused. The idea he should be allowed a gun when he considered everyone he saw as a home invader as he know longer recognised them is terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Can't let the kids get too used to the idea of peaceful protest at a young age. They might start thinking for themselves and wanting a change to the status quo
    So much for freedom of speech when its against gun restrictions.

“This will be a big thing for us. It’s a new stage for us because it incorporates the rod of iron, as it is in Revelations. Revelations talks about the returning Christ ruling with the rod of iron,” said Tim Elder.

Sanctuary Church and Rod of Iron Ministries is an offshoot of the Unification Church, founded by the late Sun Myung Moon. It is led by his son, the Rev. Sean Moon.

“This rod of iron is the AR-15, in today’s terms,” Elder claimed.

Elder is referencing Revelation 2:27.

“And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father,” the King James translation reads. Other translations refer to an “iron scepter” instead of “rod of iron.”

Sun Myung Moon also founded the conservative Washington Times.

The AR-15 blessing ceremony will occur in Dreher Township in Northeast Pennsylvania. The Moon family moved their Kahr Firearms factory to nearby Blooming Grove in 2015.
    Is this real?
    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/chu...omments=disqus

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    “This will be a big thing for us. It’s a new stage for us because it incorporates the rod of iron, as it is in Revelations. Revelations talks about the returning Christ ruling with the rod of iron,” said Tim Elder.

Sanctuary Church and Rod of Iron Ministries is an offshoot of the Unification Church, founded by the late Sun Myung Moon. It is led by his son, the Rev. Sean Moon.

“And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father,” the King James translation reads. Other translations refer to an “iron scepter” instead of “rod of iron.”

The AR-15 blessing ceremony will occur in Dreher Township in Northeast Pennsylvania. The Moon family moved their Kahr Firearms factory to nearby Blooming Grove in 2015.
    Is this real?
    If it is an offshoot of Korean christian nutjobs I wouldn't be surprised at all, they are fucking lunatics at the best of times and any branch is probably even worse.

AR-15 is mostly aluminum though

Moonies being full of shit I'm completely shocked

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I have a solution to gun control, taken straight from my arse of course, but so is the state of commentary on gun rights in the us. The 2nd amendment was written when owning guns meant flintlock rifles and pistols, before even the percussion cap enabled people to kill one another in the rain. That would be obvious to anyone but ignored by almost everyone as well.

Problem is that there are so many guns in the US that any ban or even buy back of guns would simply never work. What would work would be a supreme court decision to allow gun and ammunition makers, sellers and buyers to be sued. To be honest, while I'm not surprised this has never worked in the US, given the obsessive mania for guns there, it would be a powerful weapon against the proliferation of arms, because if there's one thing that scares americans more than anything else, it's money.
    They can already be sued; they just can't be sued for criminal misuse of their products, which is what I assume you meant.

Now bad@botes

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianeces View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I have a solution to gun control, taken straight from my arse of course, but so is the state of commentary on gun rights in the us. The 2nd amendment was written when owning guns meant flintlock rifles and pistols, before even the percussion cap enabled people to kill one another in the rain. That would be obvious to anyone but ignored by almost everyone as well.

Problem is that there are so many guns in the US that any ban or even buy back of guns would simply never work. What would work would be a supreme court decision to allow gun and ammunition makers, sellers and buyers to be sued. To be honest, while I'm not surprised this has never worked in the US, given the obsessive mania for guns there, it would be a powerful weapon against the proliferation of arms, because if there's one thing that scares americans more than anything else, it's money.
    They can already be sued; they just can't be sued for criminal misuse of their products, which is what I assume you meant.
    for clarification should car makers be liable if some one drives their vehicle into a crowd? should food manufacturers be liable for heart disease? tobacco companies for lung cancer? should the makers of matches be responsible for the fires they start?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post

Is this real?
    There's no S.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Just ban assault rifles for the general population, keep them armed forces in service only. Problem may not be entirely solved, but it's a good start seeing the latest shootings were all done with assault rifles.
    This was the position Wesley Clark had back in 2004. The problem is that the last crime I can recall being committed in the US with full-auto weapons was the North Hollywood shootout. Vast majority of school shootings are done with semi-auto weapons, and most gun violence in general is done with pistols.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Just try and do what Australia did , or any country that regulates guns by caliber and modes of fire .

Why do Americans need semi-autos assault rifles for protection ?

Enviado do meu SM-G900F através do Tapatalk

To be fair, children ages 18 and under are not exactly who I'd look to for wise decisions regarding "changing the status quo". They, in the vast majority of cases, literally have no idea what the real world is like.

This case (gun violence) however is a solid exception. Their voices should be heard. Not exclusively, and not with more weight than any other interested group, but definitely heard.

The schools attempt to silence them is sadly far too common, and not just on this issue. Schools around the U.S. often stifle students free speech, and the U.S. courts generally side with the schools in most cases.

Hopefully, we start to see some change on the issue of guns, and some limits/added regulations put in place where possible (bump stocks seem an obvious example).

Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    Just try and do what Australia did , or any country that regulates guns by caliber and modes of fire .

We have a 2nd Amendment that guarantees the right. Hence a question of "need" is not the right question.

The question of "why shouldn't they, in light of the 2nd Amendment" is the right question.

Better yet, the question of "Does the 2nd Amendment still retain relevance today, and is this right still appropriate today" is the BEST question.

How was your childhood? did you enjoy your murder prevention lessons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

I did it was a lot of fun

edit: oh it's VICE lol

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

I did it was a lot of fun

edit: oh it's VICE lol
    Shit source or not.. don't you think kids should not really have to think about the threat of being murdered, let alone conducting human wave self defence assaults?

Shouldn't they be focusing more on having fun and being children without the burden of these sort of things weighing on their minds?

Being 6 and having Gunny Sgt Hartman tell me I need to stfu or I will die doesn't seem like fun to me. I think I'd prefere to play with lego's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

it's also known as living through a war and yeah i'd say it fucking sucked
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

The insanity of the 2nd amendment was the fact that its intent was for the people to be capable of fighting not just a foreign power but their own Government.

So the intent was for the citizens to own military-grade weapons so they could be mobilized into a fighting force with their own weapons and skills.

This made sense at the time because frontiers men with rifles used to fighting Indians were also capable of shooting Redcoats.

And the founding fathers didn't want the USA to have a huge standing army.

So the 2nd Amendment has no place in the modern USA.

But then you look at who is President, how broken and corrupt the Government is, how real Nazis and Commies are marching in the street, and maybe they had a point???

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    The insanity of the 2nd amendment was the fact that its intent was for the people to be capable of fighting not just a foreign power but their own Government.

So the intent was for the citizens to own military-grade weapons so they could be mobilized into a fighting force with their own weapons and skills.

This made sense at the time because frontiers men with rifles used to fighting Indians were also capable of shooting Redcoats.

And the founding fathers didn't want the USA to have a huge standing army.

So the 2nd Amendment has no place in the modern USA.

But then you look at who is President, how broken and corrupt the Government is, how real Nazis and Commies are marching in the street, and maybe they had a point???
    The commies might be marching in the street but the nazis seem to be walking through the west wing
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    To be fair, children ages 18 and under are not exactly who I'd look to for wise decisions regarding "changing the status quo". They, in the vast majority of cases, literally have no idea what the real world is like.

This case (gun violence) however is a solid exception. Their voices should be heard. Not exclusively, and not with more weight than any other interested group, but definitely heard.

The schools attempt to silence them is sadly far too common, and not just on this issue. Schools around the U.S. often stifle students free speech, and the U.S. courts generally side with the schools in most cases.

Hopefully, we start to see some change on the issue of guns, and some limits/added regulations put in place where possible (bump stocks seem an obvious example).

Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post

We have a 2nd Amendment that guarantees the right. Hence a question of "need" is not the right question.

The question of "why shouldn't they, in light of the 2nd Amendment" is the right question.

Better yet, the question of "Does the 2nd Amendment still retain relevance today, and is this right still appropriate today" is the BEST question.
    The second amendment guarantees the right to semi automatic single trigger pull weapons?.

Bullshit, and this is the problem. Criminal politicians may have allowed the NRA to create that narrative amoung the corrupt puppets that work for them, and not we the people, the corrupt assholes most of the retards in this country have voted for are quite happy to trade the lives of children for money. In fact they re all happy to support pedophilia with money, lets not forget, but we're getting off topic.
    meh