hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Laws and Gun Rights Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Yeah, but Manson injured himself climbing on a big gun stage prop, so what does he know?

Spoiler:
    See, guns (nearly) kill people!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Sports are a reason why they are needed. Or do you mean why does anyone need them outside of sports and hunting?

I am le confused.

Also I don't think people should have guns outside of these reasons.

Additionally, owning and driving tanks (with deactivated weapons) is legal just about anywhere IIRC. Definitely in the UK and Germany.
    I don't think hunting is a legit reason tbh.
    Best of luck making that argument in the United States.

I do always find it funny how quick others are to fuck over the interests and hobbies of others....as long as it doesn't effect them.

P.S. it's not Hunters and target shooters murdering 15,000 people a year here mate. Fucking them won't do a damn thing about gun violence.
    Hey I get the appeal, I just don't personally think it's a legit reason. At least hunting weapons don't shoot 30 rounds/minute.

Also some hobbies I'm fine with being fucked over yeh, the feelings of a tiny minority who enjoy shooting things don't overrule the need for everyone else to not die because some bellend gets their hands on a device invented to kill at range with minimal effort.
    Again, Hunters and Target Shooters are not the people who are shooting up the place ffs.
    So a few pages back but you know what, you guys posted way more on this than I thought you would.

Its true, they aren't. People that are using guns for sports or hunting are usually the 'safest' people to own firearms. Yes you occasionally get hunting accidents but there are at least accidents. The question was why should Mr Averageperson who lives in Unit 1633 on middileofafuckingcity rd have a firearm? Not only have a firearm but hare the absolute right to one and carry it wherever they go. There is literally no need for this.

Sports shooting and hunting happen in every country in the world included those with the strictest gun controls you could possibly imagine. We aren't talking about making those illegal. If you want to do sports shooting then fine, all you need is a licence and some sort of proof that you regularly attend a club or whatever, and the gun cant go home with you. Easy. Need to transport it to an event? You can make that as easy as you and 'a trusted member' of the club signs a bit of paper to say where its going and as long as it comes back all if fine. Its not rocket science and im not talking about restricting these types of usage..

Also, holy fuck im agreeing with Alistair....
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Sports are a reason why they are needed. Or do you mean why does anyone need them outside of sports and hunting?

I am le confused.

Additionally, owning and driving tanks (with deactivated weapons) is legal just about anywhere IIRC. Definitely in the UK and Germany.

I do always find it funny how quick others are to fuck over the interests and hobbies of others....as long as it doesn't effect them.

P.S. it's not Hunters and target shooters murdering 15,000 people a year here mate. Fucking them won't do a damn thing about gun violence.
    Hey I get the appeal, I just don't personally think it's a legit reason. At least hunting weapons don't shoot 30 rounds/minute.

Also some hobbies I'm fine with being fucked over yeh, the feelings of a tiny minority who enjoy shooting things don't overrule the need for everyone else to not die because some bellend gets their hands on a device invented to kill at range with minimal effort.
    Again, Hunters and Target Shooters are not the people who are shooting up the place ffs.
    So a few pages back but you know what, you guys posted way more on this than I thought you would.

Its true, they aren't. People that are using guns for sports or hunting are usually the 'safest' people to own firearms. Yes you occasionally get hunting accidents but there are at least accidents. The question was why should Mr Averageperson who lives in Unit 1633 on middileofafuckingcity rd have a firearm? Not only have a firearm but hare the absolute right to one and carry it wherever they go. There is literally no need for this.

Sports shooting and hunting happen in every country in the world included those with the strictest gun controls you could possibly imagine. We aren't talking about making those illegal. If you want to do sports shooting then fine, all you need is a licence and some sort of proof that you regularly attend a club or whatever, and the gun cant go home with you. Easy. Need to transport it to an event? You can make that as easy as you and 'a trusted member' of the club signs a bit of paper to say where its going and as long as it comes back all if fine. Its not rocket science and im not talking about restricting these types of usage..

Personally I just found it amusing discussing pedantry with the German. I have no issues with sports or hunting either.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    lol

How many "gun nuts" died in that war?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

I am le confused.

Personally I just found it amusing discussing pedantry with the German. I have no issues with sports or hunting either.

Fuck you.

Lana: you make it a bit complicated to transport it, and not really safe. Here it's transport in a locked container, unloaded, ammo in a different container, and magazines can't be preloaded. And if you keep guns at home, you need a safe heavier than 200kg and bolted to the wall.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

I am le confused.

Fuck you.

Lana: you make it a bit complicated to transport it, and not really safe. Here it's transport in a locked container, unloaded, ammo in a different container, and magazines can't be preloaded. And if you keep guns at home, you need a safe heavier than 200kg and bolted to the wall.

Tapapapatalk
    Yeah I realize but my actual point was, you can restrict firearms to the general population without significantly preventing those people with a legitimate use case from using them. I know this is never going to happen because some idiot out it on paper a hundred or so years ago that fuck it, everyone can have one, but its not needed in modern society.

Also don't give me that 'to protect myself' shit either (which none of you did, im proud). Statistically 1/3rd of the crowd at the Mandalay Bay shooting were armed and no one was able to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

I am le confused.

Fuck you.

Tapapapatalk
    Yeah I realize but my actual point was, you can restrict firearms to the general population without significantly preventing those people with a legitimate use case from using them. I know this is never going to happen because some idiot out it on paper a hundred or so years ago that fuck it, everyone can have one, but its not needed in modern society.

Also don't give me that 'to protect myself' shit either (which none of you did, im proud). Statistically 1/3rd of the crowd at the Mandalay Bay shooting were armed and no one was able to stop him.
    Oh self defense is a stupid reason.

We recently had the police come to class and explain that no, knives won't help you protect you. They make you feel protected while statistically making sure you do get stabbed.

Worse with guns. The cops couldn't fathom why they changed the law a couple years ago so that you can concealed carry blank firing guns here.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

I am le confused.

Fuck you.

Tapapapatalk
    Right back at you for every time you do it then. O7

And accept it, arguing they are an absolute necessity is pretty ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with liking them as a hobby etc. but people dressing it up as anything else irritate me tbfh.

I am le confused.

Fuck you.

Tapapapatalk
    Right back at you for every time you do it then. O7

And accept it, arguing they are an absolute necessity is pretty ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with liking them as a hobby etc. but people dressing it up as anything else irritate me tbfh.

So we share an opinion on them.

Arguing for the arguments sake? And you're sure you're not German?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

The biggest problem I have with guns is that most people who want to have them don’t actually protect them adequately.

How many of the criminal guns out there started out as legal possessions of someone who didn’t take adequate measures to stop it being stolen?
    meh

Take my guns from my cold dead hands, or my poorly secured house where I leave them in a wardrobe, whichever is more convenient

You have the right to own a firearm.

You do not have a right to sell it to whomever you want with no limitations or responsibilities.

You do not have the right to not have to register your firearm, and be held in-part responsible for any future crimes committed with it.

I think these are two areas where the 2nd Amendment offers no protection against potential limiting legislation.

i.e. Ban second hand gun sales by private individuals.

Ban private sales of guns by anyone who isn't a registered, licenced federal gun dealer.

Massive expansion of background checks for purchases, and expanded exclusionary rules for barring sales.

Accountability for protecting the firearms you do own by enacting legislation that in-part hold the owner accountable for crimes committed by their guns as unintentional assistance in the crime.

Frankly, I'd be fine with all of this, and would help IMO.

You have the right to own a firearm.

You do not have a right to sell it to whomever you want with no limitations or responsibilities.

You do not have the right to not have to register your firearm, and be held in-part responsible for any future crimes committed with it.

I think these are two areas where the 2nd Amendment offers no protection against potential limiting legislation.

i.e. Ban second hand gun sales by private individuals.

Ban private sales of guns by anyone who isn't a registered, licenced federal gun dealer.

Massive expansion of background checks for purchases, and expanded exclusionary rules for barring sales.

Accountability for protecting the firearms you do own by enacting legislation that in-part hold the owner accountable for crimes committed by their guns as unintentional assistance in the crime.

Frankly, I'd be fine with all of this, and would help IMO.
    Most of the people in this country live in states where laws such as those are already the reality; You are liable for any crime committed with an improperly stored weapon, or if a weapon is stolen and you do not report it. Likewise private sales have to be conducted through a FFL, though some states that do require it vary on whether it is required for all guns or just hand guns.

Arm the teachers! Oh wait. . .

A teacher who is also a reserve police officer trained in firearm use ‘accidentally’ discharged a gun Tuesday at Seaside High School in Monterey County, Calif., during a class devoted to public safety, school officials said in a statement. A male student was reported to have sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

The weapon, which was not described, was pointed at the ceiling, according to a statement from the school, and debris fell from the ceiling.

Seaside Police Chief Abdul Pridgen told the Monterey County Weekly that a male student was “struck in the neck by ‘debris or fragmentation’ from something overhead.” Pridgen said whatever hit the student was not a bullet.

However, the student’s father, Fermin Gonzales, told KSBW 8 that it was his understanding that fragments from the bullet ricocheted off the ceiling and lodged in the boy’s neck. The father said the teacher told the class before pointing the gun at the ceiling that he was doing so to make sure his gun wasn’t loaded, something that can be determined visually.

“It’s the craziest thing,” Gonzales told the station. “It could have been very bad.”

Gonzales said he learned about the incident when his 17-year-old son came home with blood on his shirt and bullet fragments in his neck.

“He’s shaken up, but he’s going to be okay. I’m just pretty upset that no one told us anything and we had to call the police ourselves to report it,” the father told the TV station.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d9f4a70bd7da
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

A teacher who is also a reserve police officer trained in firearm use ‘accidentally’ discharged a gun Tuesday at Seaside High School in Monterey County, Calif., during a class devoted to public safety, school officials said in a statement. A male student was reported to have sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

The weapon, which was not described, was pointed at the ceiling, according to a statement from the school, and debris fell from the ceiling.

Seaside Police Chief Abdul Pridgen told the Monterey County Weekly that a male student was “struck in the neck by ‘debris or fragmentation’ from something overhead.” Pridgen said whatever hit the student was not a bullet.

However, the student’s father, Fermin Gonzales, told KSBW 8 that it was his understanding that fragments from the bullet ricocheted off the ceiling and lodged in the boy’s neck. The father said the teacher told the class before pointing the gun at the ceiling that he was doing so to make sure his gun wasn’t loaded, something that can be determined visually.

“It’s the craziest thing,” Gonzales told the station. “It could have been very bad.”

Gonzales said he learned about the incident when his 17-year-old son came home with blood on his shirt and bullet fragments in his neck.

“He’s shaken up, but he’s going to be okay. I’m just pretty upset that no one told us anything and we had to call the police ourselves to report it,” the father told the TV station.
    And now imagine the same thing in a school with multiple floors...
    nevar forget

And now imagine the same thing in a school with multiple floors...
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    lol

I dont think that's the point

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    lol

I dont think that's the point

muhhh K/D

according to wikipedia more than two thirds of NC military personnel died in the war

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/u...imes&smtyp=cur