hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 1049

Thread: Gun Laws and Gun Rights Discussion

  1. #401
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    So have americans had the discussion about why guns are actually needed in a modern society?
    Because the cops have them.
    I know the poor dead horse is really getting flattened here, but American Law Enforcement will never have peaceful interactions with the public in the main, when they enter ever single situation with a public with the attitude that the person is carrying a deadly weapon and is probably unstable enough to think it’s a solution to something and/or a religious object.

    I just wish we’d fix the racism problem and at least equalize the police shootings along demographic lines. I accept the dead citizens as part of the price of muh 2nd freedumb.
    meh

  2. #402
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    17,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    So have americans had the discussion about why guns are actually needed in a modern society?
    If they had guns and widespread union membership it'd be fine tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  3. #403
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    2,632
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    So have americans had the discussion about why guns are actually needed in a modern society?
    Because the cops have them.
    I know the poor dead horse is really getting flattened here, but American Law Enforcement will never have peaceful interactions with the public in the main, when they enter ever single situation with a public with the attitude that the person is carrying a deadly weapon and is probably unstable enough to think it’s a solution to something and/or a religious object.

    I just wish we’d fix the racism problem and at least equalize the police shootings along demographic lines. I accept the dead citizens as part of the price of muh 2nd freedumb.
    So let's disarm the cops first, then, and enact constitutional prohibitions against militarized police. Then we can talk about serious restrictions to the right to bear arms.

  4. #404
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    So have americans had the discussion about why guns are actually needed in a modern society?
    Because the cops have them.
    I know the poor dead horse is really getting flattened here, but American Law Enforcement will never have peaceful interactions with the public in the main, when they enter ever single situation with a public with the attitude that the person is carrying a deadly weapon and is probably unstable enough to think it’s a solution to something and/or a religious object.

    I just wish we’d fix the racism problem and at least equalize the police shootings along demographic lines. I accept the dead citizens as part of the price of muh 2nd freedumb.
    So let's disarm the cops first, then, and enact constitutional prohibitions against militarized police. Then we can talk about serious restrictions to the right to bear arms.
    Except militarized police are a direct result of the right to bear arms.
    meh

  5. #405
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,827
    That is the catch-22 of US gun control.

    You have people stating that only the police should be armed when it comes to keeping the public safe, yet the police cannot do so in a timely manner. Then you have an entire political movement based around the fact that the police seem to shoot people of colour for sport, or at least have the tendency to jump straight to shooting when in doubt.

    You have people stating that you can trust the Government with gun control while people are marching in the street calling that government fascist.

    You have a failing media milking every gun crime for every click and eyeball.

    You have social and economic divisions that may dwarf those of the 1960s.

    There probably hasn't been a time within 50 years where the US need gun control more and yet there are so many reasons for people to want to hang onto their guns.

    So many problems need to be addressed and guns are only part of them.

  6. #406
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    So have americans had the discussion about why guns are actually needed in a modern society?
    Sports and hunting?

    Tapapapatalk
    He asked for needed. Gun sports are very much not on the needed list and for the rest, it's not pistols and such.

    So try again.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Germany got most medals at the Winter Olympics in biathlon, a sports event including shooting. IIRC your own country ain't too bad at it either.

    I'd say gun sports are a valid reason to own a gun.

    In case you don't know, but sports guns are adjusted to the shooter using it, just like any other sporting gear.

    Also you agree that hunting is a valid reason. Good. Something we agree on.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  7. #407

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    So have americans had the discussion about why guns are actually needed in a modern society?
    Sports and hunting?

    Tapapapatalk
    He asked for needed. Gun sports are very much not on the needed list and for the rest, it's not pistols and such.

    So try again.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Germany got most medals at the Winter Olympics in biathlon, a sports event including shooting. IIRC your own country ain't too bad at it either.

    I'd say gun sports are a valid reason to own a gun.

    In case you don't know, but sports guns are adjusted to the shooter using it, just like any other sporting gear.

    Also you agree that hunting is a valid reason. Good. Something we agree on.

    Tapapapatalk
    Hello mr. most pedantic German in the universe failing at his job because something he likes is involved.

    He asked why are they *needed*.

    Valid reasons for owning a gun? Yes. This was not about me agreeing or disagreeing at all. But needed? Hardly.

  8. #408
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,970
    Tanks are needed for my passion for sports tank racing. That they're illegal for the general population to own is outrageous imo! Sports tanks are totally a needed and legit thing!

  9. #409
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    17,363
    Tank biathlon when?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  10. #410

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,643
    I support tanks for the general populace for sporting reasons.

  11. #411
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,970
    a well tanked society is a polite society

    just look at how polite us brits are getting lately.

  12. #412
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,401
    Sports are a reason why they are needed. Or do you mean why does anyone need them outside of sports and hunting?

    I am le confused.

    Also I don't think people should have guns outside of these reasons.

    Additionally, owning and driving tanks (with deactivated weapons) is legal just about anywhere IIRC. Definitely in the UK and Germany.
    nevar forget

  13. #413
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    1,045
    Im fine for citizens to own deactivated guns too

  14. #414
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Sports are a reason why they are needed. Or do you mean why does anyone need them outside of sports and hunting?

    I am le confused.

    Also I don't think people should have guns outside of these reasons.

    Additionally, owning and driving tanks (with deactivated weapons) is legal just about anywhere IIRC. Definitely in the UK and Germany.
    I don't think hunting is a legit reason tbh.

    Also for sports you shouldn't be able to keep it in your house, just keep it at the range. Yeah it might be "yours", but that doesn't mean you need it anywhere outside of where you're going to use it.

    Exceptions are basically farmers who need it to kill animals who are attacking their animals.

  15. #415
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,648
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Sports are a reason why they are needed. Or do you mean why does anyone need them outside of sports and hunting?

    I am le confused.

    Also I don't think people should have guns outside of these reasons.

    Additionally, owning and driving tanks (with deactivated weapons) is legal just about anywhere IIRC. Definitely in the UK and Germany.
    I don't think hunting is a legit reason tbh.
    Best of luck making that argument in the United States.

    I do always find it funny how quick others are to fuck over the interests and hobbies of others....as long as it doesn't effect them.

    P.S. it's not Hunters and target shooters murdering 15,000 people a year here mate. Fucking them won't do a damn thing about gun violence.


  16. #416
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Sports are a reason why they are needed. Or do you mean why does anyone need them outside of sports and hunting?

    I am le confused.

    Also I don't think people should have guns outside of these reasons.

    Additionally, owning and driving tanks (with deactivated weapons) is legal just about anywhere IIRC. Definitely in the UK and Germany.
    I don't think hunting is a legit reason tbh.
    Best of luck making that argument in the United States.

    I do always find it funny how quick others are to fuck over the interests and hobbies of others....as long as it doesn't effect them.

    P.S. it's not Hunters and target shooters murdering 15,000 people a year here mate. Fucking them won't do a damn thing about gun violence.
    Hey I get the appeal, I just don't personally think it's a legit reason. At least hunting weapons don't shoot 30 rounds/minute.

    Also some hobbies I'm fine with being fucked over yeh, the feelings of a tiny minority who enjoy shooting things don't overrule the need for everyone else to not die because some bellend gets their hands on a device invented to kill at range with minimal effort.

  17. #417

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Sports are a reason why they are needed. Or do you mean why does anyone need them outside of sports and hunting?

    I am le confused.

    Also I don't think people should have guns outside of these reasons.

    Additionally, owning and driving tanks (with deactivated weapons) is legal just about anywhere IIRC. Definitely in the UK and Germany.
    Shooty shooty sports are now a basic necessity and absolutely needed? Interesting.

  18. #418
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,668
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Sports are a reason why they are needed. Or do you mean why does anyone need them outside of sports and hunting?

    I am le confused.

    Also I don't think people should have guns outside of these reasons.

    Additionally, owning and driving tanks (with deactivated weapons) is legal just about anywhere IIRC. Definitely in the UK and Germany.
    I don't think hunting is a legit reason tbh.
    Best of luck making that argument in the United States.

    I do always find it funny how quick others are to fuck over the interests and hobbies of others....as long as it doesn't effect them.

    P.S. it's not Hunters and target shooters murdering 15,000 people a year here mate. Fucking them won't do a damn thing about gun violence.
    Hey I get the appeal, I just don't personally think it's a legit reason. At least hunting weapons don't shoot 30 rounds/minute.

    Also some hobbies I'm fine with being fucked over yeh, the feelings of a tiny minority who enjoy shooting things don't overrule the need for everyone else to not die because some bellend gets their hands on a device invented to kill at range with minimal effort.
    But how am I supposed to kill 30 deer a second? STOP YOUR INFRINGEMENT

  19. #419
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,590
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    (why are american houses so shit tier?)
    Why do basic homes in Europe cost half a million?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  20. #420
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    (why are american houses so shit tier?)
    Why do basic homes in Europe cost half a million?
    Because they don't fall over in a light breeze.

    Also because EU is better to live in, that's the cost of a near 0 chance of being shot.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •