Thread: Gun Laws and Gun Rights Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    It might surprise you, but Europe has wild animals in forests, too. Even in dense populated Germany. And I grew up literally at the border (~ 40 m) of one of Germany's biggest forest, the Hunsrück. Hogs are a common occurrence in our gardens. Wolves are back meanwhile. And even deer is nothing to toy around with. But animals are quite shy and you have to be rather lucky to stumble upon them, because they avoid humans and most of the time leave before one recognizes them.

And somehow I "survived" all of that without guns ...
    That's because we have hunters that have quotas on what to shoot. It's not uncommon that hunters need to shoot hundreds of hogs each season. In 2016 they shot 610,000 hogs. Berlin, a city of 3.5 million people, has 5000 hogs.
    https://www.planet-wissen.de/natur/t...berlin100.html

Seriously, it's telling that you don't know any hunters.
    You know fucking shit, dude. The grandpa of my best friend was our Revierförster, living across the street, who took us two boys out on the hunt with him. That's whom I spent a large part of my youth with. And that's why especially mentioned deer, as most city-dwellers just think of them as "cute" and don't realize they can literally kill one with ease.
    Then I wonder how knowing how important hunting is to population control gets you to "no one needs guns."

That doesn't compute.
    Joe, please, you're anything but that stupid. There's no need to bait me.

Do I really need to explain to you that in the quoted context and claim ("ordinary people need a gun because :wildlife:") "no one" in this case refers to people, whose profession don't require a gun aka you and me. And that of course rangers should own a gun and do exactly that? And only they do it, because that's there actual profession and they're trained to do it. And not some drunken weekend-wannabe-hunters ...
    How about farmers on their own farms in a country of immense proportions but low population density outside of urban centers?

Like France.
    There are dangerous animals in France?
    Dangerous to the crops? Sure.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

It might surprise you, but Europe has wild animals in forests, too. Even in dense populated Germany. And I grew up literally at the border (~ 40 m) of one of Germany's biggest forest, the Hunsrück. Hogs are a common occurrence in our gardens. Wolves are back meanwhile. And even deer is nothing to toy around with. But animals are quite shy and you have to be rather lucky to stumble upon them, because they avoid humans and most of the time leave before one recognizes them.

And somehow I "survived" all of that without guns ...
    That's because we have hunters that have quotas on what to shoot. It's not uncommon that hunters need to shoot hundreds of hogs each season. In 2016 they shot 610,000 hogs. Berlin, a city of 3.5 million people, has 5000 hogs.
    https://www.planet-wissen.de/natur/t...berlin100.html

Seriously, it's telling that you don't know any hunters.
    You know fucking shit, dude. The grandpa of my best friend was our Revierförster, living across the street, who took us two boys out on the hunt with him. That's whom I spent a large part of my youth with. And that's why especially mentioned deer, as most city-dwellers just think of them as "cute" and don't realize they can literally kill one with ease.
    Then I wonder how knowing how important hunting is to population control gets you to "no one needs guns."

That doesn't compute.
    Joe, please, you're anything but that stupid. There's no need to bait me.

Do I really need to explain to you that in the quoted context and claim ("ordinary people need a gun because :wildlife:") "no one" in this case refers to people, whose profession don't require a gun aka you and me. And that of course rangers should own a gun and do exactly that? And only they do it, because that's there actual profession and they're trained to do it. And not some drunken weekend-wannabe-hunters ...
    How about farmers on their own farms in a country of immense proportions but low population density outside of urban centers?

Like France.
    If I had to guess, due to my expereince with the famrs/farmers in my in/around my home village, then a) guns are perhaps one of the most inefficient means for protecting crop from wild animals and b) there's regulations that prevent non-authorized persons to shot deer where and if they see fit.

FBI agent drops gun while dancing, shoots person:
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-agent-...ry?id=55614488

a real patriot, he deserves a promotion...

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    FBI agent drops gun while dancing, shoots person:
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-agent-...ry?id=55614488

a real patriot, he deserves a promotion...
    BAN GUNS NOW

Oh crap, that was here in Denver.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

guy was probably high then

When you consider that the situation where the illegal immigrant famously and tragically killed the young lady in SF was caused by a federal agent basically being irresponsible with storing his weapon, we should probably create extremely harsh penalties for any weapons mishandling. It seems like their firearms handling training is complete shit.
    meh

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    guy was probably high then
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/05/u...-swatting.html

An unknown caller falsely reported on Tuesday that there was someone with a weapon inside the home of David Hogg, a survivor of the February shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., who has become a prominent gun-control advocate.
    This is basically attempted murder, and it should be punished as such.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

An unknown caller falsely reported on Tuesday that there was someone with a weapon inside the home of David Hogg, a survivor of the February shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., who has become a prominent gun-control advocate.
    US police are hitmen now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

US police are hitmen now?
    When used like this, yes.
    meh

So much for protect and serve
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

+1

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

+1
    swatting is covered by a number of federal laws already iirc, people have received 11 year sentences
    the 2017 one which resulted in an unrelated guys fatal shooting may result in a life sentence for the swatter

(that said the vast bulk of swatting goes unpunished, and the few that do go to court normally result in 20-40 month sentences, mostly for related cybercrime activities though)

Virginia police chased stolen armored personnel carrier through Richmond

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/vi...D=ansmsnnews11

No no. They still protect and serve.

They protect private property, and serve property owners.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

+1
    swatting is covered by a number of federal laws already iirc, people have received 11 year sentences
    the 2017 one which resulted in an unrelated guys fatal shooting may result in a life sentence for the swatter

(that said the vast bulk of swatting goes unpunished, and the few that do go to court normally result in 20-40 month sentences, mostly for related cybercrime activities though)
    That’s kind of my point. Getting done for attempted (or heaven forbid, first degree) murder is a different level of permanent record. Maybe these retarded little shits should think twice if the penalty suited the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

Hasn’t this always been the polices function in civil societies. It’s the other ones where they ensure ideological purity that the worst abuses occur...

Should police not protect property, i.e. allow property crimes?

Should anyone who owns private property be required to hire private security then?

Or is this just the usual red rhetoric against property as a thing?

Just seems an odd complaint tbqh.

Hasn’t this always been the polices function in civil societies. It’s the other ones where they ensure ideological purity that the worst abuses occur...
    Tbh they’re kind of ensuring ideological purity right now