hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torfi Frans Jumps Ship

Torfi Frans Jumps Ship

Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    torfi strikes out again
    https://www.facebook.com/torfi.frans...74?pnref=story

stupid enough to think we could make an internationally successful computer game, to a megacorp
    I jest, I jest.

Think of all that Nyx model isk going straight to Minecraft though
    Last edited by Meester; February 16 2018 at 10:28:21 PM.

Minecraft aggressively recruiting for that strategic tri-annual coffee table book revenue stream

I think that with the advent of 3D printing for the masses you can easily make a levitating Nyx for less than 15 bucks.

LE: how to extract the ship models in 2018? Serious question
    Last edited by Cosmin; March 9 2018 at 02:44:22 PM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I think that with the advent of 3D printing for the masses you can easily make a levitating Nyx for less than 15 bucks.

LE: how to extract the ship models in 2018? Serious question
    Used to do it with triexporter. Donno if that's still the program to use though.

However there is already a nyx model on thingiverse if you need one.

Done with triexporter, now I'm fapping to beauty in 3DSMax. A friend is basically going to 3D print a few for me. If there are interested people, we can make a collection to provide at least mats. I'll most likely do the painting.

Like I've said on le plebbit

Did naive idiots who paid for it learn a lesson? Never preorder things. Even if they are real life items
    ofc I got downvoted to hell

Done with triexporter, now I'm fapping to beauty in 3DSMax. A friend is basically going to 3D print a few for me. If there are interested people, we can make a collection to provide at least mats. I'll most likely do the painting.
    You must spread reputation around before giving it to Cosmin again
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

I am interested.

Can we also get different models?

Because we all need a Rifter.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

The 3D Printer isn't mine, apparently the max size for pieces is 20x20x20cm, which would be enough for frigs/cruisers to be made in one piece. However, a supercarrier... will most likely require the model to be broken down into pieces that will require some assembly.

Also, there may be a problem with the Minmatar ships given the fact they're mostly scaffolding those bits and pieces may not be as solid as necessary. Basically this is limited only by what is in game currently - still working on textures and what not, but those are not necessary. The problem is another one. A lot of ridges/curvatures/other finesse stuff is actually simulated by texturing and the model doesn't have enuf polys for an actual decent 3D print. Random examples are potatoships like the Vexor hull and the Dominix hull. So basically will probably need to break up the 3D model and start designing the details into the ships so it makes painting them easier (and stuff easier to mask).

Btw, I totally think a floating Nyx is doable with all the bells and whistles and it won't cost $1500. It may be as well doable with any ship hull, but will need more engineering input.

I am adding this to favorites

Does anyone know where I can get the old Tempest and Tempest Fleet Issue models? I want muh Clear Skies

Preliminary mats prices arrived, seems there's a base cost of ~25-30 for that. It will yield you a 3D printed unpainted ship of roughly 40ish cm long axis (will most likely need to be made of multiple smaller parts but don't think Revell kit stuff).

Still stuck at calculating stuff for levitation needs. Luckily the Nyx is a big flat pancake so it won't need much special treatment. I'm torn between permanent neodymium magnets (which will mean 3D printing the stuffs with pre-arranged grooves and using filler and what not to make them invisibru) and going full retard electromagnetic stuffs (which would be cool because in theory you can make it float higher or lower with a knob :3).

Will report back, eta is august for the base stuffs and painting will probably be done in september. Should've done this sooner tbh, but #rl.

Grow your own dominix.
    Last edited by Chakrai; March 16 2018 at 10:04:42 AM. Reason: I AM TOO MUCH OF A SPASTIC TO INSERT AN IMAGE PROPERLY
    She did what?

Tormentor fleet
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

It would be very difficult to say no to a Sleipnir using the Cyclone hull.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    If somebody figures out how to get the old models out, it's not that difficult. Of course we could just print a Cyclone and put on the old Sleipnir paintjob on it (can't remember the subtle differences tbh).

Question. Would it be possible to strip the ship models out of eve: Valkarie? Im sure the single player tutorial has much higher res models of nyx than eve online in game asset. All the amarr and Gallente ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    If somebody figures out how to get the old models out, it's not that difficult. Of course we could just print a Cyclone and put on the old Sleipnir paintjob on it (can't remember the subtle differences tbh).
    Well that is the problem, I have not played in years and all screen shots are now long gone. I really should have built this back when I was active but never got around to do it. Would have been nice if I had done it though, was planning for a 60cm model made out of basswood/kit bashing.

I guess the models could be found if anyone had an ancient EVE installer to export the model from.

You gave me an idea. Since I had a lot of EvE installs over time on my main C drive and those were backed up, I may actually have access to those models.

Will try digging this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, and its been a long time since I extracted the models so it may have changed over the years; is that the tech 2 models are kind of tricky because essentially the extra t2 bits and bobs are a separate file with just them in there and there is a bit of code in the game engine that tells the game where to place the extra bits.