hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Announce & Bounce

Don't you mean the rupture?

So.... which post was the one to broke back the camel?

Must have been pretty damn offensive to get the champion of bears up in arms.
    Last edited by Sandzibar; February 11 2018 at 08:15:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

He implied there was some endemic casual racism here and I just don't see that except from a couple of slavs who also are the butt end of a lot of slav jokes. And to be completely honest I don't see how anyone can take any of it seriously. I think we're pretty good about banhammering people who actually cross the line *cough*Rakshasa*cough*. Meanwhile we have folks here who think everyone who disagree with them are white supremacists and are not afraid to make that declaration, so I just don't see how you can square that circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

He implied there was some endemic casual racism here and I just don't see that
    We know you don't, Frug. We know you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Tell me it's because I'm a white supremacist buddy.

I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Tell me it's because I'm a white supremacist buddy.
    We've already been through this routine and I gave you what you asked for. First one's free, after that Ima have to charge you like everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Oh, ok.

Man why do you use a forum full of endemic casual racism? You should be calling this shit out and fixing the problem.

While especially a heavy peruser of the politics dump will easily see that casual racism is very often glossed over, i would think that the fact that (a) its been like that forever (i cant remember a time when it wasnt Larks shtick), and (b) the ones going off the deep end get "community moderated" to extinction (Cpl_Fisher / Smuggo / i cant even remeber the name of that one super racist dude, Lord something?) speaks against it making such a difference.

I see more correlation with his mock AMA thread the other day, where 9/10 posts on the first page were "haha u gay". I know i would have had to take a long break after that and ask myself if im some sort of token in everyone elses eyes.

Hope you come back when youve cooled down, FHC is a shit forum, except for all the other shittier ones.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 11 2018 at 08:25:38 PM.

Aea is good people. FHC is diminished without him. But honestly, he's probably making the right choice.

Life is too damn short for what time spent on what FHC provides.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Aea is good people. FHC is diminished without him. But honestly, he's probably making the right choice.

Life is too damn short for what time spent on what FHC provides.
    Another rarity we're on the same page. He's right that there's a lot of shittiness going around, and I don't know of any solution to that.

I'll agree with Lila, the older politics discussions has some bad shit in there I don't think should be tolerated. And probably Contemporary poster (smuggo?) should have just been permabanned rather than temp banned.
    Last edited by Frug; February 11 2018 at 08:26:38 PM.

Smuggo announce and flounced ages ago, not that I disagree with the opinion that he should've been banned. But then we all (me especially) should've stopped rising to him.

Tbh the mega threads just need a bit more control, that would eliminate a large chunk of the problems here.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

If anything while the problems always existed going back to when FHC was an EvE forum, recent political events seem to have tipped a lot of people over the edge. This has lead to a lot of dogpiling on certain posters, and rather than having a discussion it devolved down to pure name calling.

This allowed certain posters to derail whole threads just by posting in them. But this isn't a FHC only problem. I had a look at the new EvE forum to see if there was any sign of hope for the game and half the threads were just a handful of the same posters going at it endlessly.

The lack of active moderators certainly hurt this place, but then we were also able to self-moderate not that long ago.

I think that FHC is just following the trend of all online forums and media where group-think and name calling has replaced most civil discourse. But FHC is still better than the majority of forums out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    If anything while the problems always existed going back to when FHC was an EvE forum, recent political events seem to have tipped a lot of people over the edge. This has lead to a lot of dogpiling on certain posters, and rather than having a discussion it devolved down to pure name calling.

This allowed certain posters to derail whole threads just by posting in them. But this isn't a FHC only problem. I had a look at the new EvE forum to see if there was any sign of hope for the game and half the threads were just a handful of the same posters going at it endlessly.

The lack of active moderators certainly hurt this place, but then we were also able to self-moderate not that long ago.

I think that FHC is just following the trend of all online forums and media where group-think and name calling has replaced most civil discourse. But FHC is still better than the majority of forums out there.
    Well in a small community like this it's hard not to look at someone's posting history and dismiss them outright.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Well in a small community like this it's hard not to look at someone's posting history and dismiss them outright.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Dismissing is fine. The problem is when it devolves into constant posting between certain posters that derails any reasonable conversations and shits the place up.

You can ignore people - I do it all the time - and just ignore what they posted and carry on the discussion with those who want to discuss. You don't even need to use the block function although it's there if you need it.

Dismissing is fine. The problem is when it devolves into constant posting between certain posters that derails any reasonable conversations and shits the place up.

You can ignore people - I do it all the time - and just ignore what they posted and carry on the discussion with those who want to discuss. You don't even need to use the block function although it's there if you need it.
    I know, I'm just saying it's what happens. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

I know, I'm just saying it's what happens. :P
    I know, but that's what kills forums.

Interesting to see this level of self-reflection.

I post on exactly one other UBB forum. Like FHC, it started out dedicated to a particular hobby, but in the intervening years, it's withered away to the point where the only active forum remaining is the off-topic board.

I've been a member there for almost 18 years, as have many of the other remaining posters. Suffice to au, it's a socially complicated place, but in terms of drama, FHC has things way more under control. Trust me, it can be much worse.

People announce and bounce there as well, only we call it "Bad-ass out." Every couple of months, someone I've been chatting with for the better part of two decades bails because a handful of users—no more than half a dozen or so—simply cannot restrain themselves from being absolute shitheels. And I don't know why, but these users, just like the shitheel users here, are all right-wing, casually racist, and mind-numbing lay self-absorbed.

The big thing this place has going for it is that EVE sort of self-selects for people with a decent head on their shoulders. Even if I think Lark or Don is a tool, I don't think they're stupid. Plus, the international flavor of this community is a genuinely good thing. It's great to be able to talk about things with folks from all over the world.

I don't really know where I'm going with all of this, other than that I'm sorry to see Aea go.

Agreeing with lachesis. I was pondering a bit about this a few weeks ago. The 3 fora i frequent are either withering away or the active member base is getting younger and a Hell of a lot dumber.
    Still enjoy fhc.

What is this new Eve forum people keep reffering to?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    The foundation has no Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.
    1. Dr. Bright is not allowed to found a new Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Moderation isn’t the issue we tend to be dammed if we do and dammed if we don’t

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.