hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: VPN noob

VPN noob

Looking for some advice on what VPN is worth the money or if any free ones are not shit.. Mostly looking to download naughties as my english ISP block most torrent sites.

mucho luvo you FHP fucko.

I used Private Internet Access, Worked well and was reasonable.

I use Private Internet Access and it is working great. No problem at all maxing out my 80/20 connection if required.
    Need more speakers

Thirding PIA.

Bare in mind they're in a Five Eyes country so we better hope they're honest about not logging.

Don't ever use a free VPN unless you like the idea of your PC being used as an exit node, which is how most of them work.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Bare in mind they're in a Five Eyes country so we better hope they're honest about not logging.
    Have they not set up some form of canary?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Have they not set up some form of canary?
    When the government tried to impose logging in South Korea they simply ceased to operate there. That is good enough for me.
    Need more speakers

How's PIA for ping btw? I don't need VPN so much for the privacy as I do for accessing geoblocked stuff, including a game I play regularly (fuck playing FFXIV on the Korean server) and would welcome being able to switch to a cheaper service. :P

I use purevpn, will switch to PIA next time my renewal comes up. PIA for sure does not log, I've read about them being literally unable to provide evidence to federal investigators after they were given warrants. idk how feasable playing games through a vpn would be, you could turn down all of the encryption settings which in theory should reduce latency but it all depends (in my experience) on how busy the vpn exit you're using is.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

The other day I forgot to turn my VPN off while playing a game, had a couple of minor lagspikes but nothing noticeably unplayable.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Thanks Zekk I'll try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    I use purevpn, will switch to PIA next time my renewal comes up. PIA for sure does not log, I've read about them being literally unable to provide evidence to federal investigators after they were given warrants. idk how feasable playing games through a vpn would be, you could turn down all of the encryption settings which in theory should reduce latency but it all depends (in my experience) on how busy the vpn exit you're using is.
    I'm already playing through a vpn with zero issues atm, it's perfectly feasible and sometimes even lowers ping if the routing is retarded, the question was about PIA itself. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Thanks Zekk I'll try it out.

I'm already playing through a vpn with zero issues atm, it's perfectly feasible and sometimes even lowers ping if the routing is retarded, the question was about PIA itself. :P
    whatever fag

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Using mullvad for mine

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

whatever fag

Thirding PIA.

Don't ever use a free VPN unless you like the idea of your PC being used as an exit node, which is how most of them work.
    Fourthing PIA - been a subscriber for many years now and no complaints.

Seconding mullvad.

It's important to remember what VPNs are and aren't. VPNs won't protect privacy from pretty much anyone but your ISP. That can be valuable, but of course you have to trust the VPN provider.

If you're interested in PIA, they are having a sale on their 2 year sub for only $60: https://www.privateinternetaccess.co...als/lifehacker

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    If you're interested in PIA, they are having a sale on their 2 year sub for only $60: https://www.privateinternetaccess.co...als/lifehacker
    Ended up getting that, nice deal.

And yeah it seems to all be well done, easy and quick to use apps and shit, good times.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.co...s-open-source/

For those of us that jumped on the PIA bandwagon.