hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooked my card

yeah just go through the monthly statements roughly around the year you purchases looking for all the usual etail stores. Might be a bit of a ballache if they are using snide offshore companies on the statements though, without knowing roughly what you paid. As long as it wasnt off the back of a lorry

Most likely either Overclockers UK, SCAN, Newegg, amazon, ebuyer and maybe aliexpress lol?

in that order of consistancy.

i think i was drunk when i ordered off anything after amazon.

which might also explain stuff

i think i bought it on finance too. fuck.

Can't just log in to all of them and view previous orders?

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Can't just log in to all of them and view previous orders?
    thats the bit thats stumped me, I've done that. I can see every component I ever ordered apart from this fkin card.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Most likely either Overclockers UK, SCAN, Newegg, amazon, ebuyer and maybe aliexpress lol?
    Amazon let's you view all of your purchase, so that is easy to check.

Just post the details of all your accounts here and we'll all have a look together!

ok the login is

Sp4mtr0llu@hotmail.com

and the password is : *****************

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    what you need to do is advertise pc repair

go to house

steal gpu

put in your toaster

run away

So my GTX 780 died and I can't find the purchase info anywhere or anything. And I mailed the vendor and they wont fix it because its not registered, if it was registered they would fix it as they know its within time warantee.

im so sad. i cant afford a new gfx card due to the bitcoin market making them all so expensive.

i am so sad.

i dont think the oven thing will work as i get a puff of electrical smoke and orange flare whenever i try and boot up the pc from the gfx card
    So ignoring the rest of the posts (which I read). A GTX780 equivalent in the 10 series is about a 1060 3GB version. Its actually about 10-15% better, but the 1050ti is about 10% worse, so the 1060 is your best bet for 'same performance'. Don't know about you but I can get one of these for about 350 aussie funny money, which isn't massively expensive.. Its actually about the same as my 970 in performance and costs about $50 less than I paid.. If you wanted better performance in newer games then the 6GB version gives that for not much more cash.

Its hard to do an apples to apples comparison because the card is better at some things than the older one, but that doesnt always translate to a better gaming experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    So my GTX 780 died and I can't find the purchase info anywhere or anything. And I mailed the vendor and they wont fix it because its not registered, if it was registered they would fix it as they know its within time warantee.

im so sad. i cant afford a new gfx card due to the bitcoin market making them all so expensive.

i am so sad.

i dont think the oven thing will work as i get a puff of electrical smoke and orange flare whenever i try and boot up the pc from the gfx card
    So ignoring the rest of the posts (which I read). A GTX780 equivalent in the 10 series is about a 1060 3GB version. Its actually about 10-15% better, but the 1050ti is about 10% worse, so the 1060 is your best bet for 'same performance'. Don't know about you but I can get one of these for about 350 aussie funny money, which isn't massively expensive.. Its actually about the same as my 970 in performance and costs about $50 less than I paid.. If you wanted better performance in newer games then the 6GB version gives that for not much more cash.

Its hard to do an apples to apples comparison because the card is better at some things than the older one, but that doesnt always translate to a better gaming experience.
    I completely agree with your post, however the card was old anyway, not old enough that I wanted to upgrade, but old enough I wouldn't like to purchase another exactly the same perfomance card today - do you know what I mean?

I'd at least like to get a 1070, if not a 1080 (I want to be able to do VR now, as a friend is offering me his old DK1)

Does that make sense?

TLDR: could get a 1060 but it would be the same, and still cost a chunk of change.

i am so sad.

I completely agree with your post, however the card was old anyway, not old enough that I wanted to upgrade, but old enough I wouldn't like to purchase another exactly the same perfomance card today - do you know what I mean?

I'd at least like to get a 1070, if not a 1080 (I want to be able to do VR now, as a friend is offering me his old DK1)

Does that make sense?

TLDR: could get a 1060 but it would be the same, and still cost a chunk of change.
    Yeah I get it dont worry.. I was really just pointing out that anything less than a 1060 would be a downgrade. Still no luck with the recept?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

i am so sad.

Does that make sense?

Yeah I get it dont worry.. I was really just pointing out that anything less than a 1060 would be a downgrade. Still no luck with the recept?
    The vendor is working on it

I asked (nicely)

i am so sad.

Does that make sense?

There is very little value in the GPU market currently. They were already overpriced as fuck due to ATI being wank and competing with Nvidia but since criptomongs, its horrific. Best value you can get in trms of "how much youre getting bent over VS the MSRP cost they should be" and also ignoring the fact that these MSRPs are gfrom 2 years ago and the price should have fucking dripped by now, the Nvidia 1080 is probably the best value, costing roughtly "only" 20% more than it should have two years ago.

GTX 1070 should be available for about 300. Actually available for about 600. GG

20% of 900 quid is a lot tho.

That's the 1080 TI and yeha, its gonna cost you a grand. the vanilla 1080 was closer to 600 and can be had for about that +50 now.

In this crazy market that is considered a good deal (even though its a cut down chip, marketed as a top of the line chip with added price, plus its two years old and Nvidia have TWO new processes to move to to replace it, but wont cos they dont need to to make the stupid amount of cash they make)

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    That's the 1080 TI and yeha, its gonna cost you a grand. the vanilla 1080 was closer to 600 and can be had for about that +50 now.

In this crazy market that is considered a good deal (even though its a cut down chip, marketed as a top of the line chip with added price, plus its two years old and Nvidia have TWO new processes to move to to replace it, but wont cos they dont need to to make the stupid amount of cash they make)
    its not a good deal tho. its nearly a grand for a video card.

you can dress is up as much as you like its a grand for a component.

fuck that.

i could probably buy a one way ticket to syria, an AK and a handfull of mags, sidearm, couple nades and get the full 1000 FPS RL battlefield experience for the same price.

only one life tho so there is that.

fuck that.

i could probably buy a one way ticket to syria, an AK and a handfull of mags, sidearm, couple nades and get the full 1000 FPS RL battlefield experience for the same price.

the 1080 isnt the 1080 TI. it does t cost a grand. it costs 650.the TI costs a grand. I can explain this at least 4 more times though so no rush

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

fuck that.

the 1080 isnt the 1080 TI. it does t cost a grand. it costs 650.the TI costs a grand. I can explain this at least 4 more times though so no rush

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    yeah but i can't afford a grand and I don't want a GTX 650 thats an old card

What?