hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sea of Thieves

I would definitely prefer that services like Steam and Windows Store compete on things other than game selection, but it's the developer's (or their parent company) right to dictate which one(s) they want to distribute through. I really want to play the AoE remake (I never had Age of Kings back in the day) but I won't be buying it on Windows Store until the time if/when it's severely discounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    shenanigans

>no_where

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    I would definitely prefer that services like Steam and Windows Store compete on things other than game selection, but it's the developer's (or their parent company) right to dictate which one(s) they want to distribute through. I really want to play the AoE remake (I never had Age of Kings back in the day) but I won't be buying it on Windows Store until the time if/when it's severely discounted.
    God invented piracy for a reason.

So this is looking like a no then?

Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    So this is looking like a no then?
    If it was decently priced and available, I'd get it just for the ocasional co-op with friends. But the way it is now? no.

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Also, what is with this W10 only bullshit?
    Pretty standard going forward for Microsoft published games. Same thing with Age of Empires Definitive Edition.
    It's still bullshit and needs to go. It's like the new version of geoblocking.
    The other option is not having those games on pc. I don't like the other option.

And real talk, if a company can do it, you can bet they don't want to pay steam their ridiculous fees so we'll just have to deal with it.

Of course it would be nicer not having to deal with their stupid store issues but I'll always take more games rather than fewer.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    The other option is not having those games on pc.
    ....what?

no.

How did you manage to reach that conclusion?
    That doesn't even make sense.

....what?

no.

Because Microsoft won't do it another way that's out of their control for their exclusive games in a million years? I'm talking realistic options here.

....what?

no.

Because Microsoft won't do it another way that's out of their control for their exclusive games in a million years? I'm talking realistic options here.

They could try to not be assholes about it? Possibly look at what everyone likes about steam and try and improve on that? You know, actually try and compete with a better quality product? I know its a shock but steam has some shitty sides that could be improved upon, but by actually improving them not 'shoot for exclusives and hope for the best', thats a terrible way to do business..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    ....what?

no.

They could try to not be assholes about it? Possibly look at what everyone likes about steam and try and improve on that? You know, actually try and compete with a better quality product? I know its a shock but steam has some shitty sides that could be improved upon, but by actually improving them not 'shoot for exclusives and hope for the best', thats a terrible way to do business..
    Why exactly are you being so aggressive over this to me? Which part of my post said the store is in any way good or that it doesn't need changes? Ugh.

All I did was say why it's probably unavoidable and that I prefer more games rather than fewer. As someone who has to use the store I'd definitely love it if it was less shit.

As for being assholes over it, they could just keep doing it the way it's always done and do exclusives and sell a few more consoles probably. You know, like Sony does.

....what?

no.

Why exactly are you being so aggressive over this to me? Which part of my post said the store is in any way good or that it doesn't need changes? Ugh.

All I did was say why it's probably unavoidable and that I prefer more games rather than fewer. As someone who has to use the store I'd definitely love it if it was less shit.

As for being assholes over it, they could just keep doing it the way it's always done and do exclusives and sell a few more consoles probably. You know, like Sony does.

Wasn't being aggressive toward you, just the Xbox store.. Also I was talking about the Windows version. Exclusives aren't going to make me use the Xbox store. It didn't work for ea with origin and its not going to work here. Plenty of other games fighting for my limited funds to waste my time on this rubbish.

....what?

no.

Lana's statement is true for the largest part of all those shops out there (uPlay, Origin etc.), IMHO. With the exception of GOG*), all of them seem to work under the premise of "how do we benefit the most from it?", ignoring what players might possibly want. Whereas GOG's line of thought seemed to be "what are players looking for (that currently Steam doesn't provide), which may attract them to our shop and thuswe can profit from?".

*) GOG is just an example I personally do know, there might of course be other similar shops out there

but by actually improving them not 'shoot for exclusives and hope for the best', thats a terrible way to do business..
    With all due respect, i dont see DOTA, CS:go, Portal or left for dead on the windows store, or origin.

The issue i have with this line of argument is that its not consistent. Also somehow Gaben has managed to convince the world that steam is a pro consumer service when its not. I mean origin have had better customer service for years, were the first to offer un-conditional refunds etc. People like steam cause it was the first, and they have money invested in to the library of games they have there. I am no fan of the windows store either, nor really origin either - but i wont cut of my nose despite my face and if i was to make and argument - i would find a consistent message to spew.

All the waaa waaa waaa about the windows store, and origin ( for that matter ) need to update there marketing pamphlets, the arguments are almost brexit battle buss levels of bad.

PS: sea of thieves looks OK. probably will not buy it though.
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

Go back and read it comment. I said steam does some things terribly and to compete with it you need to be better than it. Just having exclusives but otherwise being shitty (Microsoft store) is not how to compete.

Whats the problem here, there have only been about three games in the past five years even remotely worth paying money for.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Whats the problem here, there have only been about three games in the past five years even remotely worth paying money for.
    witcher 3
    stellaris
    tarkov

hmmm, actually checks out

Your a moron

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Your a moron

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Your a moron
    That's the fhc posting guide right there.. The majority of your posts need to be at the base.