hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday [Saturday]

Saturday [Saturday]

Yay,

So I had a legitimate question for FHC.

Can we start a Right wing and a Left wing politics thread. These threads would not be limited to Right or Left wing posters BUT it would be acknowledged by all that Right and Left wing views would be talked about and accepted as 'completely normal' in their respective threads. What I am aiming to minimise is posts that are good ending in 6 pages of 'he said she said but you said yeah but your councillor said yeah but your shadow minister for business said yeah but your education secretary said haha you communist/nazi' nonsense.

I genuinely follow politics fairly closely and I believe that a smaller state, free(er) markets, personal autonomy and property rights are the best foundations of a society. I once said ages ago that perhaps "child benefit should be limited to two children" (which to me seems reasonable and discourages people who cannot afford it from having children they cannot afford). Suddenly, from Elmicker (I think, i can't remember), this became "Crystalline would rather have children ripped from their families and given to the state, what a heartless prick he is" (I paraphrase).....Which is not what I said, but okay... see what I mean about internet text based politics.

I once talked to Zekk Pacas during one of Ralaras teamspeak film watching sessions. He seemed like a really nice chap and he is 'left wing' but because we were on teamspeak and talking like actual adults we had an engaging and not at all aggressive conversation. How about we spread that mutual respect to two different threads. Questioning would be fine but not to absolutely anal minute detail that ends that ends in bad tempers.

Can we agree to two separate threads, what do the mods think?

Dunno, probably a stupid idea but I do occasionally miss posting here.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Fag
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Nazi

Spoiler:
    ... now, that we've dispensed with the introductions, I do support the idea.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Idc

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

It's almost like we should have had a fucking political/serious business forum that fucking people could fucking post in without needing to fucking ask for fucking permission to fucking join, fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

suck my "centre wing"
    MAX damage posting

Of course we can. There is a little button to the left that says "Create Thread". Good luck getting people to not troll each other in the various threads though.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Finally, the one thing FHC was missing: a single safe space to develop policy for starving children.

It has been difficult, what with the American politics thread being limited to practical application and the Brexit thread, theory

Donor
    I'm going to have to law down the law on a mostly good egg at work on tuesday

He's developing bad habits and is spending about 4 hours of his 8 hour shift not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

He's developing bad habits and is spending about 4 hours of his 8 hour shift not working.
    Maybe he needs more caffeine ...

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

Maybe he needs more caffeine ...

He needs less stress in his life... I know why he's distracted, his wife is slowly but surely working on becoming dead. He is however a new hire and the powers that be are soulless when it comes to contract to hire folks.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    i don't think we need safe spaces on fhc. i do think you all need to be cunts less often to each other.

Successful exorcism of the kebab daemon.

I agree

gas the slavs

space war now

My dudes, the sun is shining, it's a beautiful clear sky. It's 3 degrees out and did I mention the 40 mile an hour gusts?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

wew it appears I can post quite coherently after a bottle

Spoiler:

"I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    wew it appears I can post quite coherently after a bottle

Spoiler:

And not this not even on the next page of crying for a safe space.

>wake up groggy as fuck
    >wtf it's still dark?
    >I've only slept 3.5 hours?
    >grab phone to check time
    >17:00
    >gg wp indica edibles, gg wp

Derpin from Chinaphone
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Got a needle stick injury so have to stay over time and get poked by ED.

FML.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Poked by engorged dong? Sounds rough m8

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk