hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~we should do a 2018 predictions thread tbh. [by Liare ]

~we should do a 2018 predictions thread tbh. [by Liare ]

Most i like is by babba gabba a romanian, now dead, woman. Venus (planet) will reveal a new energy source.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Most i like is by babba gabba a romanian, now dead, woman.
    what

Anyway, I predict not much will change, but a lot of people will be freaking out like everything's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

I predict Trump will not be indicted or in any other way found guilty of something prosecutable by the Muller investigation.

I predict Trump will continue to look like a complete bumbling idiot at every opportunity.

I predict no War in Korea. Or anywhere else involving the U.S. (beyond the usual WoT stuff, of course).

I predict the Dems do very well in the Mid-Terms. But not enough to win the House and impeach Trump.

I predict the U.S. economy will continue to do well and improve.

Today will be a day like every other day.

Donor
    After at least 5 seconds of deep and intense thought, my 10 highly risky predictions:

Donald Trump will still be US President at the end of 2018.

Theresa May will still be British Prime Minister at the end of 2018.

No war in Korea, just insults and provocations.

The big western economies (US/UK/EU) will continue to do well.

The price of bitcoin will decline over the year as people finally realise it is completely fucking useless as a currency.

The UK and EU will reach a mostly amicable Brexit deal that involves a transition period of at least a year.

Uber will not make a profit at any point during 2018.

There will be at least one major new war in the middle east.

Russia will not invade any country they have not already invaded.

The UK will sell at least one large warship to a foreign country.

Something horrible, terrible, awful will happen. On the basis of this prediction being true I will build my new faith.

EDIT: as an aside, possibly the government of Iran will fall.
    Last edited by Sparq; December 31 2017 at 10:11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Something horrible, terrible, awful will happen. On the basis of this prediction being true I will build my new faith.

Does this new Sparqist Faith have, say, a pamphlet or other reading material you could offer prospective cultists...er.....members?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Does this new Sparqist Faith have, say, a pamphlet or other reading material you could offer prospective cultists...er.....members?
    Maybe a series of cryptic Periscope videos for the future generations to argue & spill blood over in my name.

Maybe a series of cryptic Periscope videos for the future generations to argue & spill blood over in my name.
    Ambiguity of meaning/dogma and room for different, opposing, sects is a requirement, aye.

Two thousand-odd years of intensive market research can't be wrong.

It CAN Be wrong, and I challenge your very right to SAY it can't be wrong, Heretic!

And thus the Alistairian Wing of the Sparqist Faith is born. The mass killings of Sparqists will begin shortly.

nothing.

-Trump remains president, regardless of the outcome of that investigation.
    -Armed conflict erupts in Korea, not full-on war but minor border skirmishes.
    -May's government collapses leading to Corbyn and Labour taking over trough another mid-brexit-negotiations-election, but it happens close enough to the deadline to ensure the worst possible outcome.
    -wealth accumulation at the top accelerates further from the current point of absurdity, that coupled with slowing global economic growth starts to lay the foundations for the sort of socio-economic tension we haven't seen since the late 1800's.
    -europe's economic recovery stalls out again as fundamental problems are left unaddressed, much head-shaking occurs with another dosage of austerity to "fix" it.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Donor
    It CAN Be wrong, and I challenge your very right to SAY it can't be wrong, Heretic!

And thus the Alistairian Wing of the Sparqist Faith is born. The mass killings of Sparqists will begin shortly.
    This is stupid (Thus the Tellentarian wing of the sparqist movement is started, we shall spend out time weeding out and oppressing the Alistarian wing)

Wealth inequality increases in UK and US.
    Income inequality will drop as everybody who actually earns their money gets squeezed.
    Stock markets will turn bearish and then massively rally.
    EU commission will hammer someone like Google with GDPR or something to force them to pay tax.
    British politics will remain baffling.
    Mainstream media will start talking about Chinese influence across the middle east more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

This is stupid (Thus the Tellentarian wing of the sparqist movement is started, we shall spend out time weeding out and oppressing the Alistarian wing)
    *arches finger tips together*

"Just as planned"

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    EU commission will hammer someone like Google with GDPR or something to force them to pay tax.
    I know this is a wet dream to some, but they are actually pretty decently GDPR compliant (which extends to data hosted on their cloud, as long as certain things are done) already.

You're all just a bunch of infidels, the Hustlifarian sect will bring this religion back to its fundamentalist roots over your dead bodies. Sparqa Akbar!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I know this is a wet dream to some, but they are actually pretty decently GDPR compliant (which extends to data hosted on their cloud, as long as certain things are done) already.
    They aren't tax compliant though. That's the problem the EU commission has, and they'll use gdpr to back Google into a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.