hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: [monday] still working

[monday] still working

I get the joy of the last week at this job being the week before Xmas so everyone is in go slow anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Working over xmas is great. It's quiet, it's snowy outside, people don't really expect much to get done. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Working over xmas is great. It's quiet, it's snowy outside, people don't really expect much to get done. I love it.
    Snowy???? Maaaaaaaaaaate
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

I almost had a heart attack just now because I read a chart wrong and thought I'd burnt up just over a hundred grand of student loans. The real damage is nothing like that, but for the love of baby cheeses I didn't need that RL jump-scare.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    I almost had a heart attack just now because I read a chart wrong and thought I'd burnt up just over a hundred grand of student loans. The real damage is nothing like that, but for the love of baby cheeses I didn't need that RL jump-scare.
    Cool. Id imagine that will allow you to distribute some really extravagant chrimbo pressies to your FHC brethren then, Mr hundred grand of loans

i just got back-pay for unspent holiday from my old employer, it's not everyday santa drops off almost 5k euro into your account and it's a fucking shame too.

there's just one minor problem, i did take those holidays so i am technically not supposed to get this money, conversely the branch is shutting down and has fired the last person with a understanding of danish vacation legistation ages ago, i don't really feel inclined to contact anybody to point out their mistake, but i ain't gonna touch those money for a bit either.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    This.

Yeah sure I'll cover Christmas and get paid to spend every afternoon over the pub. If you insist.

The last two months have been the most intensive parts of the edeucation so far (Last year, working towards my bachelors). And then suddenly *smack* it's calm(er) over the hollidays. My brain haven't caught up with it at all so I'm all stressed out about not doing stuff/not knowing what to do, instead of relaxing and enjoying the time off. Feels like shit tbh. I spent yesterday sit-sleeping on a chair and procrastinating on the computer.

Altho I suppose the damned darkness is a big part to blame for this too.
    I live close to the polar circle, so while we do have lots of snow, it's still dark all day around and it realy gets to you. Constantly tired and weirdly depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    i just got back-pay for unspent holiday from my old employer, it's not everyday santa drops off almost 5k euro into your account and it's a fucking shame too.

there's just one minor problem, i did take those holidays so i am technically not supposed to get this money, conversely the branch is shutting down and has fired the last person with a understanding of danish vacation legistation ages ago, i don't really feel inclined to contact anybody to point out their mistake, but i ain't gonna touch those money for a bit either.
    I'd look up the prescribation time on that kind of thing if I were you

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

I'd look up the prescribation time on that kind of thing if I were you
    it's supposedly the 1/1 2018 for this lot, so that's nice.

normally i'd bother my union rep with shit like this, but i am not a member any longer because i'm studying and the money is better channelled towards things like food and rent.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Cool. Id imagine that will allow you to distribute some really extravagant chrimbo pressies to your FHC brethren then, Mr hundred grand of loans
    Yeah I fucking wish mate, a fraction of those stacks could solve some real problems for me right now, but unfortunately it's paid to the institution I've wormed my way into and not my hungry pockets