hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: They Are Billions...

Quote Originally Posted by Exortius View Post
    Game is awesome.
    Yep, I bought it yesterday and the best I got was once managed to hold out until the final horde on the first map on challenging population size and 120 day game....(75%)

I was able to easily hold out those single hordes, but 4 at once was way too much.
    But the lack of any help is a serious problem.
    Took my probably 5 or 6 games before I worked out how to rotate the gates...

Where do you get the gold from in late game? Most of the game I seem to be doing fine, but then by the late game I'm always struggling for gold.

Build a bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My suggestion for how to balance even higher tier structures.

Thoughts, or other ideas to put to the devs & community while it's still in beta?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

this game is realy deceptive.
    It starts out managable. You get a few waves that you can handle without too much fuss. Then while you're in the middle of expanding to fit the stuff you need to make defences stronger, another wave appears and glomps the whole base in seconds.

There is just never enough workers or enough food or enough space to fut the bloody tents.

Azn did map 3 on max difficulty without pausing, except when the mayor choice interrupts, and not for long breaks then either.
    Git gud.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Azn did map 3 on max difficulty without pausing, except when the mayor choice interrupts, and not for long breaks then either.
    Git gud.
    I read that the game has already achieved a bit of a toxic "git gud" community that whines about the game beeing too easy. I hope they don't ruin it.

u just gotta up your apm and max you micro m8
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    All I want is a chill n fun rts game :P

I think it might stem from the learning curve, once you survive a final wave, you can likely run maps 1-3 easy enough, especially if you reroll on bad initial starts a fair bit. So you either can't finish map 1, or you can do all but the hardest map combo.
    Meanwhile the devs are overwhelmed by the response, and slow/too busy to adjust balance while still also working their original features plan (heroes coming soon), and having to reprioritise UI & pathfinding bugs because of the number of paying & playing customers interacting with them & able to leave reviews & share content.

Though to be fair, all the people spamming basic 100% map 1 first play vids on YT can go suck dick, they're just cash-grabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    this game is realy deceptive.
    It starts out managable. You get a few waves that you can handle without too much fuss. Then while you're in the middle of expanding to fit the stuff you need to make defences stronger, another wave appears and glomps the whole base in seconds.

There is just never enough workers or enough food or enough space to fut the bloody tents.
    yeah I keep getting caught with my pants down, the new fortifications will be in but I'll be low on man power because the troops I used to clear out a new area would be spread thin defending those walls.

Best advice I've gotten so far is to kite the waves with a ranger, I used it to direct a wave into a wall I had prepared when it looked like they were going to land on a different one. Not sure how well that works at later stages as I've seen some zombies that pounce and instakill rangers with very little warning

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Day 81 has been my best so far. The big electrical zappy towers are quite good but hard to use effectively when the map fucks you on stone.

I can't tell if having sacrificial expansions is a good thing or not. Areas I know I can't hold but provide pay-back on their resources. It makes it a target for the zombies which might be a good thing as there's plenty of time to thin the herd and then they hit the real wall.

145 days. Damn that was alot of them.
    I didn't see "that" coming.

Christ on a cracker that final wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Christ on a cracker that final wave.
    Yea. It's as if they knew where my defenses weren't up to par. more than half of them landed on that front.

Snipers taking cover behind houses was not ideal. But there was nothing else there as the horde just smashed through 4 layers of brick walls defended by electric coils and arbelasts.

...Azn did map 3 without turret defences or pauses, on hardest... 200 Snipers & 15 Titans ftw.
    Then got to day 59 on an only-soldiers, no turrets, hardest run.
    Git gud

If waves are going at your weakest spots, use Rangers to kite them across to your stronger defences & units.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    ...Azn did map 3 without turret defences or pauses, on hardest... 200 Snipers & 15 Titans ftw.
    Then got to day 59 on an only-soldiers, no turrets, hardest run.
    Git gud

If waves are going at your weakest spots, use Rangers to kite them across to your stronger defences & units.
    It was way way way too late for that at that point

Titans? I couldn't even unlock the metal stuffs in time on that 150 day game. There's not enough room and resources to unluck all the stuff/fit all the buildings needed. Towards the end I was always runing out of food and energy. And with only two stope-plots on the whole map, I couldn't use more than two powerplants if I ever wanted to build anything out of stone again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    All I want is a chill n fun rts game :P
    Tooth and Tail?

Game is fun. Ignore autistic faggots who min/max the game and just play it.

Tech is key, and maximizing the amount of houses you have covered by banks.

Tried it, dont like the look and feel at all. Going for a refund.

Holy shit the last 10 minutes of this. You won't believe how close the result is.