hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: They Are Billions...

Picked this up last night and played one game. Don't remember the difficulty settings or even how many days in I was but after a half dozen or so swarms one hit me where I wasn't at all prepared and rolled me up. Colony design was not at all good as I basically spent half the time figuring out what was what.

Looking forward to getting home from work and trying again. Fun game so far.

Number 1 on Twitch yesterday (because Lirik, CohhCarnage), and AznElite managed another final map max difficulty no pause run, as well as things like map 3 max difficulty no pause no iron.

And a duo are working on an unofficial browser-based level-editor.

Devs really should put some clear schedule & manifesto out publically asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Number 1 on Twitch yesterday (because Lirik, CohhCarnage), and AznElite managed another final map max difficulty no pause run, as well as things like map 3 max difficulty no pause no iron.

And a duo are working on an unofficial browser-based level-editor.

Devs really should put some clear schedule & manifesto out publically asap.

Ive buckled and bought as well. Yeah, im bad.

Anyways, the map/unit design is so basic that i really think the game could get a lot of legs out of modding tools. Hopefully theyll release with the full version.

Played a couple games so far, completed a 70% run on the winter map. guessing where the final assault is going to hit hardest is a bit of a crap shoot, but mass snipers are still good enough to win anyways. I think I had ~200 by the time the final assault began, it was just a matter of putting them where I thought they'd be needed... and then moving a bunch of them when I turned out to be wrong. Still, pulled off the win without the horde reaching any of the housing, so can't complain.

Multi-layer stone walls with retreating snipers is a bit OP, but I'm probably not good enough to do it any other way. Although five Executor turrets per choke point holds up pretty well.

Also, the chase command is a wonderful thing. Get a decent pile of snipers (30+, 50 to be safe), stick them on one edge of the map, hit chase, forget about them for a while. If you don't pay any attention, you'll lose a couple, but you'll end up with a couple dozen veterans by the time they're finished cleansing the entire damned map. That's fewer enemies to deal with in the final wave, and veteran snipers have more than double the damage output of the basic ones.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Just watched a guy do map two 370% no pause, only rangers and ballistas. Fuck me im bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Just watched a guy do map two 370% no pause, only rangers and ballistas. Fuck me im bad.
    AznElite? Because he's got loads of stuff up including tutorials and 500% no pause runs etc... Good content

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yeah well I finally beat the first map on 22%. :smug:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/644930...0547495148343/
    Next Features for v.0.6

Competitive Mode: Challenge of the Week
    Every week you can play a specific map that will be the same for all the players. All players will compete in the same map and their score will be registered in a Leader Board. Players only will have a chance to play the Challenge of the Week.

Gameplay Quality Improvements
    Interface more responsible with more visual feedback. Also now the main commands: Move, Patrol and Attack, can be set a path by adding more points while pressing SHIFT key.

New Survival Elements
    - Old infected buildings like Radar Antenas that can be join to the colony once they are taken by a unit.
    - Explosive Barrels that can be picked and placed by the units.

Next Features for v.0.7

New Building: The Tavern of Lost Souls
    Would you like to attract mercenaries and strange travelers of all kinds to your colony? Nothing better than offering a beer near a fireplace.
    £17.09, cheapest ever so far?

You are gonna pay me for this, right?

Devs are being a bit retarded about mods. Spent weeks implementing shitty DRM, got it broken in hours, nbs there.
    They only needed to add a simple checksum to help filter official crash drumps/reports from modded ones.
    Blame them being .Net monkeys.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheyAreBill...modding_scene/

They also said basically No to multiplayer, citing that full game state would need to be transferred every frame/tick, rather than only the diff, and even then only the non-deterministic seeds for such state changes.
    Even reddit randoms managed to immediately suggest a co-op mode where you'd only need to sync the border crossover between map sections if each friend played e.g. 1/2 or 1/4.

We have good evidence they're a bit dumb, given how the game state save files have horrifically inefficient data structures for each zombie, in XML to boot.

...And they'd implemented fundamentally flawed pathing for the zombies, around non-defence buildings rather than through them. You can use tents as walls to manipulate wave routes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheyAreBill...nt_walls_lets/

A wild dev update appears.

Seems they have their plans for how they want their game and they're trying to stick to them. And they still need to find/hire a better translator.