hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Alpha clone changes

Alpha clone changes

The new December release for EVE Online is here! As an Alpha Clone, you can now train skills that will allow you to fly everything up to Battleships and Battlecruisers, across any faction in New Eden! You can also train Tech II Small and Medium weapon systems for all factions.

The expanded Skillset for Alphas provides an even greater feeling of immersion and participation in gameplay across the universe, as well as a great avenue for returning pilots to once again fly their more powerful ships for free.

Basically you can fly all t1 ships up to battleships and use small and medium t2 weapons for all races.
    However, you can only train for free if you have less than 5 mil SP.
    From 5 to about 20 mil SP you can buy a daily 50k SP injector (can only be used once per day per character), for 20 plex.

Seeding infinite battlecruiser alts around eve for the win. No more jumpcloning

And as long as you're willing to have one account running on omega anyway, it's basically free to get the alt set up with one month of omega training, which makes the alt battlecruiser viable within two months.

There's gonna be a lot of battlecruiser throwaway alts roaming sov space. I don't know why I get this impression. Really!

But a lot of skills are restricted to lvl 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    But a lot of skills are restricted to lvl 3.
    It's lvl 4 iirc.

All ship skills are limited to lvl 4, weapon specializations are up to lvl 3, large weapons to lvl 4, but a lot of support skills are in fact limited to 3.
    Full list can be found here: https://community.eveonline.com/news...he-next-steps/

So you can still be rekt if there's a pilot that's better trained. Otoh, people with all V skills have mostly unsubbed so...
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    So you can still be rekt if there's a pilot that's better trained. Otoh, people with all V skills have mostly unsubbed so...

So, if i sub, I can win the good fights (ie the ones where both end up in structure) if I alpha, I'll lose them. Not sure I want to get bac into that mess.

Nah, in Eve you just get 10+ alpha frigates and wreck someone's pirate faction cruiser and the loot + insurance pays for your fleet, because it's still unrestricted pvp that can be 'unfair'. It's just more obvious you need to actually enjoy the mechanics & motions of using the blingier mods & toys, because cheap stuff + denying fights always scaled best.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Inb4 the goddamn commies take over.

L-MAO

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

Boost to RvB? Is that still going btw?
    nevar forget

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Boost to RvB? Is that still going btw?
    Yup. Still recovering from the less than optimal decision once upon a time to move away from close to Jita to lowsec though. But yeah, it's still going, albeit on a stupidly tight budget. Also needs Endless Space 2 type heroes and visionaries. Much as I love rvb, spectre trumps it for every kind of momentum because of people.

I wouldn't say it's a boost as such to player schools though. Personally I think more of it as a method of - potentially - increasing a more stable volume of prey / fodder for the real alpha's, who are omega (and stuff organised around them). Basically it's equivalent to enabling a socio-economic upgrade of working class victims and meatpuppets, so that group can be established as a stable consumptive cash cow. Which is perfectly possible, all the trends for it are already established.

The only real risk is that this kind of focus has a striking similarity to behaviour which in the real world creates bubbles. Quite funny. You got to keep feeding it, which does take CCP back to its days where it had to constantly push and squeeze for new flesh ever harder and faster. More importantly, with bubbles you cannot risk getting to a point where people stop blowing them. First thing CCP has ample experience with, budget and resources exist for it. The second bit? Heh.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Nah, in Eve you just get 10+ alpha frigates and wreck someone's pirate faction cruiser and the loot + insurance pays for your fleet, because it's still unrestricted pvp that can be 'unfair'. It's just more obvious you need to actually enjoy the mechanics & motions of using the blingier mods & toys, because cheap stuff + denying fights always scaled best.
    https://zkillboard.com/kill/66587562/

p.much this

More like this or this.

More like this or this.
    Meh, I prefer small gang. I guess its ok to still consider a fleet of 25 small gang.

How did you only do 34 damage across those 2 kills btw?

Generally I was a scout for Emma's fleet, so I'm holding the other side of a gate (whored enough KMs in my time), or got nuked by what I've scram+webbed but held long enough and caused to aggro so the rest of the blob kills them.
    Also I'd dropped a gun for a nos, and had t1 blasters just to kill drones on me rather than project dps at & beyond tackle range.

Such fleets are just an option to keep a feel for lowsec activity & newer player mentality. Not saying it's better than the try-hard RR HACs and nano pirate cruisers antics (2-3 cruiser + BS in the best IMHO), just keeps you fresh in the ways Eve can go south on you real fast no matter your isk, SP, micromanagement investment. And how you can have sustainable fun with fleetmates without any of those other things.

Generally I was a scout for Emma's fleet, so I'm holding the other side of a gate (whored enough KMs in my time), or got nuked by what I've scram+webbed but held long enough and caused to aggro so the rest of the blob kills them.
    Also I'd dropped a gun for a nos, and had t1 blasters just to kill drones on me rather than project dps at & beyond tackle range.

Such fleets are just an option to keep a feel for lowsec activity & newer player mentality. Not saying it's better than the try-hard RR HACs and nano pirate cruisers antics (2-3 cruiser + BS in the best IMHO), just keeps you fresh in the ways Eve can go south on you real fast no matter your isk, SP, micromanagement investment. And how you can have sustainable fun with fleetmates without any of those other things.
    +1

One rail incursus would wreck that DD. No need to be bads and blob him. I appreciate it is situational but alphas don't need to rely on outnumbering to be competitive.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    One rail incursus would wreck that DD. No need to be bads and blob him. I appreciate it is situational but alphas don't need to rely on outnumbering to be competitive.
    Everyone wants to be on the kill mail and be part of the action. That and try to be the one to get the loot.

You just are bad playing the game the wrong way and enjoying it.