hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank God it's [Friday]

Thank God it's [Friday]

I'm le tired.

As is the yearly ritual, I've decamped the PC from my bedroom and into the dining room so I can bask in the pinnacle of glory that is air conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    As is the yearly ritual, I've decamped the PC from my bedroom and into the dining room so I can bask in the pinnacle of glory that is air conditioning.
    How do you survive without ac in the bedroom?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

I'm once again remembering how awful the heating is in my house. Even at full the sitting room is the only "warm" room and it's barely that. Guess it's time to either move house or get it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    How do you survive without ac in the bedroom?
    I've been dead inside for years.

A "fun" week of training IT staff with various levels of English communication skills has just finished. I fully intend to spend the afternoon holding a team meeting in the local.

This weekend I'm heading up to the midlands with my cousins to see the sights? of Nottingham. I was finally tempted up by the offer of attending an ice hokey match and a day at a shooting range. Smashy-smashy pew-pew while drinking.

What could go wrong?

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    And here I am sitting next to a space heater.

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

This week's Friday is sponsored by free McDonalds coffee and the sludgey rolling riffs of Elephant Tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post
    I'm once again remembering how awful the heating is in my house. Even at full the sitting room is the only "warm" room and it's barely that. Guess it's time to either move house or get it sorted.
    Central heating? Have you bled the radiators? checked to see if the whole surface heats up?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    A "fun" week of training IT staff with various levels of English communication skills has just finished. I fully intend to spend the afternoon holding a team meeting in the local.

This weekend I'm heading up to the midlands with my cousins to see the sights? of Nottingham. I was finally tempted up by the offer of attending an ice hokey match and a day at a shooting range. Smashy-smashy pew-pew while drinking.

What could go wrong?
    Remember to duck. I nearly got hid in the head with a puck at a ice hockey game warm up once. The sign above my head exploded with the impact though

Quote Originally Posted by Sylia View Post
    Central heating? Have you bled the radiators? checked to see if the whole surface heats up?
    I haven't but might do that over the weekend. The radiators all warm up pretty well but in the bedroom you have to be touching the radiator or within a few inches to even feel the heat after hours of it being on.

Normally not a huge issue as I just use them to dry clothes but winter is apparently being a dick and making it a lot colder than usual.

Get a good pair of slippers and layer up
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    That's also part of the plan but going to bed and sleeping in that many layers might get uncomfortable. Hot water bottle or similar is the other option for helping defrost the bed I guess.

Electric blanket really. hot water bottles are nice when you go to sleep except by the time you've woken up you're now lying next to a freezing icy bitch.

And a cold water bottle too.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    That's also part of the plan but going to bed and sleeping in that many layers might get uncomfortable. Hot water bottle or similar is the other option for helping defrost the bed I guess.
    Fleece blanket and duvet combo.

When I lived with my parents I used to just chuck a dog on the end of the bed to warm my feet.

Yeah, I'll be shopping this weekend for something like that.

Wool socks, house coat, down blanket.

First day after OP.
    Pro: I now have a self-filling health-potion.
    Con: It is a flask being filled with my own blood. May also attract vampires.

In winter, I'm quite partial to those dried, wheat-filled packs you run up in the microwave for two minutes. An electric blanket is available, but I'm useless at remembering to turn the bugger on in time for it to be any use.

Last summer I grabbed an extra large gel-polymer cooling pad to tuck under the bottom sheet. Worked quite well with a fan blowing over me to make things bearable, the exception being those few nights over 40. Then I slept on an air mattress, back under the AC.

Thing to watch out with those cooling pads though, I folded it back up to store it over winter but of course whenever I stressed it putting something on or taking something off of it it cooled down, didn't it. Condensation formed each time and eventually it grew mold. A rude surprise when I went to fetch it out the other day...
    Last edited by Sparq; December 1 2017 at 01:39:05 PM.

Just saw an incredibly fat man in one of the meeting rooms in this building.

I did a double take as I walked past because I first thought someone was wearing one of those sumo wrestling suits. I don't think I've ever seen anybody so weirdly proportioned. The fact he was able to stand is by itself incredible, and I say this as someone who went to school with a class mate who was 26 stone at the age of 15.

Today I should have had my day off, but got a text from boss asking if I can come work tonight, since the guy that works the night shift on the weeks im off can't make it today...
    So I accepted despite having plans with a friend wich was easily moved around to tomorow.
    Pro thing is I will get a day off next week on my work week.
    Hopefully things will be smooth sailing today.