hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: [TUESDAY] No school for two days... To talk about school

[TUESDAY] No school for two days... To talk about school

Off to the Taunus (close to Frankfurt) to a conference on computer usage at school. Should be interesting.

Not going alone but with my fellow class teacher. Should be interesting how our class does with us being out of town for two days. They are difficult at best on normal days.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

surely, the best case scenario is to come back Thursday and find a smoking crater, as some of your students got into the chemistry lab?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    surely, the best case scenario is to come back Thursday and find a smoking crater, as some of your students got into the chemistry lab?
    Sounds more like the perfect alibi.

we've got local elections today, and i just can't be worked up over it at all, i will go down to vote of course but it just seems meaningless when the budgetary constraints are set to "full suck" and the only way the various local administrations are permitted to use the overflow from previous years is as tax breaks.

so no, we can't afford to replace the broken kit in the school-yard playground, but here's a 0.05% tax break!
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I support this. We need a new building anyway.

(Sadly our chemistry lab lacks the proper ingredients and amounts and is on the top floor.)

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

we've got local elections today, and i just can't be worked up over it at all, i will go down to vote of course but it just seems meaningless when the budgetary constraints are set to "full suck" and the only way the various local administrations are permitted to use the overflow from previous years is as tax breaks.

so no, we can't afford to replace the broken kit in the school-yard playground, but here's a 0.05% tax break!
    Sounds awfully familiar.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget